Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Microsoft account with lumia 920

Advisor
Simdigg

Microsoft account with lumia 920

hey i am having a bit of a issue with my microsoft account with my 920. Alot of the time it says attention required under it and when i click on it it comes up to sign in... and i sign in(with correct password)and it still say attention required. But when i turn my phone off and back on again it accepts the password and is all fine, then i check it after some time and its back to saying attention required again.. My microsoft account it set up with a gmail account that i have been useing for years with microsoft would this have anything to do with it or is it just a sofware glitch? it is very frustrating 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Microsoft account with lumia 920

Go to settings, email and account. Uncheck email sync. Restart the Phone and have a look if the issue is still present.
After that check the email sync and re-enter the password

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

thanks for the reply it has been working since i first posted this but i noticed today it is back to saying attention required. I only have content to sync and an email check box under it, is this what you are talking about?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

yes, i believe that is what Jimmy is referring to. have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? and that you are up-to-date with all the Nokia system app updates in the Store.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

okay so i have had that unchecked for a a day or two now and just now i notice it says attention required again... very frustrating, I can not see any way to updates my apps, but i know it normally comes up with a number on my app tile when there are apps to be updated, so i am guessing they are fine? I just hope it if nothing to do with having a g mail account as my Microsoft account?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Simdigg wrote:
I can not see any way to updates my apps, but i know it normally comes up with a number on my app tile when there are apps to be updated, so i am guessing they are fine?

Check by running the QR codes from here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

i could not find this 1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision

but i downloaded a qr reader and managed to get the the site but there is no update or download option just all the info

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

It's the last hardware button on the right with the magnifying glass symbol. Did you check all the codes ? If you do not get an option to upgrade, just "share", then the app you are looking at is up to date.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

i still can not find any hardware button but yes i shared all of them, so this will have them all up to date?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Page 31 of the User Guide should make it clear how to scan QR Code ..

If any update is available for any of the application, you will see an 'Update' tab at the bottom, else, it will display a 'Share' tab ..

As for the issue in the OP. what frequency have you set for the sync.? Think, whenever some data requires a Sync, you get this message. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

thanks you. frequency do you mean download new content? if so i have it set to daily.. I eas also wondering about the sever, i have notice it says m.hotmaill.com, should this be changed to a gmail server?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Don't think so. I am also on gmail and it shows exactly the same as in your case ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

as in attention reqiured or the hotmail server and name?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Hotmail server and name ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

okay. mmm this is very strange then there seems to be no fix yet.. i hope the new update coming soon will address this issue for me..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you try changing the Sync frequency to 'as item arrive' ? Try if you haven't and see if you get the same message ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

yes i changed it to as items arrive and it came up with attention required straight away so i then turn my phone off then back on again and now it says not up to date
Please use plain text.
Sandmanik88

This is happening with my Lumia 810 - USA TMobile. The "Microsoft Account" /Live/hotmail/outlook all sharing the same athentication) account I made using a gmail account , before i bought the phone. Is having trouble syncing. It reads Attention Required .Last updated on Monday. We're having trouble connecting to blu-m.hotmail.com. Contact a support person or your service provider.

Error code 86000107  

I can start a new hotmail account and sync it fine. Using the blu-m.hotmail.com sever info.

Is this bad???

Please use plain text.
Sandmanik88

I turned off my text backup option. Here's a Thread that helped me..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpemail/error-code-86000107/72f4a4fd-d439-465b...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alith

i changed to that setitngs but stilll it says " the page cannot be found".but in email settings it has been looged on in microsoft account but still i can't download apps in my phone(lumia 920) from my pc(win7).

Please use plain text.