Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Music seeking

Counsellor
kev222

Music seeking

Is it possible to seek a music track by dragging/tapping the track progress bar. Or am I stuff with having ot hold the fast forward/rewind button like some kind of 1980's walkman. This lumia 820 gets worse and worse with every passing minute. What a waste of cash.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

if you tap and hold the ff button for example it will move on and if you press once it skips,so no its not a waste of money

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev222

Yeah, I had a discman with the same functionality in the 90s.

Every touch screen music player since the dawn of touch screen music players and every Mac/PC based music player has had the ability to instantly seek to an abitrary position in a track by dragging the progress icon or tapping/clicking the progress bar. Why not this phone? It simply is a waste of money. I don't know why people defend it. And I *really* wanted to like this phone, I think windows 8 looks great. But I can't kid myself. It's terrible.

The navigation links on this site don't even work on the phone (that's an official *nokia* forum on a current gen *nokia* phone). I'm having to use my PC. The 820 is a joke, an big unfunny joke. Unfortunately I'm now stuck with it for a year or so. But if anyone is reading this, don't buy one without reading up. At least not if you want to be able to do basic things like disable key press vibrates, view your notification history, seek your music properly, turn annoying photo backgrounds off or view PDFs without getting an error every other file you try.

Terrible phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev222

I've read it (despite it being one of the many PDFs to error the phone). If you think there's anything in there I have missed then please let me know. I'll gladly recind any comments made, I'm not proud, just frustrated. Nobody wishes I was wrong about my new £380 phone more than I do.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev222

P.S. I don't know about the 920, but 820 battery life is every bit as bad (worse, even) than the reviews say. Despite it being a complete brick. If you're undecided, then I really can't recommend you DON'T buy this phone strongly enough.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

If you feel that strongly about skipping to a particular point in a song, then you may leave a feature suggestion directly with Microsoft at the following link: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

As this is a user to user forum for Nokia products and services only, this has nothing to do with Nokia phones and common to all devices running Windows Phone. Take it up elsewhere please, and please think about the rest of what you are saying, if you say it is a brick then well you didn't do your research when you bought the phone, as it is 160grams and if you felt that was too heavy for you, then you should have left it in the shop. Please stop trolling and spoiling it for other users here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev222

[ Edited ]

Thanks. I did not know about that uservoice site. I shall.

It's not too heavy for me and of course I knew its size and weight when I purchased it. My point was that generally the reason for weight and size compromise is battery life, so you'd expect a better battery life from a larger device. But I 100% take your point about the "trolling". I will absolutely stop it. Apologies.

Please use plain text.