Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Family setup

prabhuvasanth

My Family setup

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a nokia lumia 720 and every time i try to install an app or games, it is showing the error as below :

'My Family must be setup before you can buy this item. Ask your parent to setup Myfamily settings on windowsphone.com"

Pls advise how to setup Myfamily settings on my windows phone.

Best regards

Prabhu

Moderator's note: The post was edited. Mobile phone number was removed. For your safety, please do not publish any of your personal information on public forums like this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: My Family setup

It looks like "Kid's corner" is active on your phone.

Go into settings -> kid's corner and switch it off.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
prabhuvasanth

Hi,

Thanks for the msg. however the kids corner is turned off and am still getting the same error..pls help me in setting up my family setting on my phone..

cheers

Prabhu

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

go to windowsphone.com

login and then where you name is, use the dropdown menu to select My Family

it will open another website.

choose your device and change the settings from kid to parent.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sequ

i have same problem. how can i change the settings, cause all choiches i see are "add a kid" and "go "
am i missing something
Please use plain text.
akshara29

Hello check the Date of birth mentioned in the phone. Ageshould not be less than 18 years

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samrich

i have lumia 820 and any time i try to install an app it gives me such error : my family setup must be set
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Diana3

False. It doesn't lead you to anywhere but the my family info page and it won't let you set it up.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Diana3 wrote:
False. It doesn't lead you to anywhere but the my family info page and it won't let you set it up.

You need to ensure that all correct information is entered on your MS account. Sign in to the following site to check that all relevant information is present. You also need to ensure that your date of birth is entered and that you are over 18.

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1379170848&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=SAPI&wreply...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thatcherjazz

It also gives a website to set it up use that and you can then set it up :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Docta

Hi I will like to setup my family so as to dl watsupp and the rest
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marfikhan08

Please help me for my family settings on windowsphone.com
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mphotlou

I need to download apps please help me out
Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

Hi Docta,

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

Thank you for posting in this forum. What is your phone model? Have you checked if your age on your Microsoft account is more than 18 years old? You may verify it here: account.live.com. Then manually sync your Microsoft account (Settings > Email + account > Tap and hold Microsoft account > Sync). You may also check: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpapps/my-family/41d9bf4e-8983-43b8-8489-b91e4...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpstart/no-get-started-on-my-family/6ca3a113-a...

Let us know the outcome.:smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
laylis21

hi

I have a problem I have set up my family some month ago,and my father made an ID microsoft account,now after some month It tells me I can not download apps i tried to enter my family but my father has forgoten his hotmail so we have made a new one but we can only add a family member if the old parent has added it... Soo what do I DO?

PLEASE !!!!answer me I have a Nokia Lumia 620.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ali2008ctg

Re: My Family setup ( Done)

It's Just Simple Way

At first go to your Email like as hormail,outlook,live etc

Change your Date Of birth , like as 01/01/1980  then save and sign out/log out

then goto Windowaphone.com  and loggin with this email account  that birth is  like as 01/01/1980

then goto my family , then you are done

then nothing to do, just logout

go to your phone and try download with your App store menu

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ali2008ctg

Re: My Family setup ( Done)

laylis21 wrote:

hi

I have a problem I have set up my family some month ago,and my father made an ID microsoft account,now after some month It tells me I can not download apps i tried to enter my family but my father has forgoten his hotmail so we have made a new one but we can only add a family member if the old parent has added it... Soo what do I DO?

Thank you

laylis21 wrote:

hi

Thank you

It's Just Simple Way

At first go to your Email like as hormail,outlook,live etc

Change your Date Of birth , like as 01/01/1980  then save and sign out/log out

then goto Windowaphone.com  and loggin with this email account  that birth is  like as 01/01/1980

then goto my family , then you are done

then nothing to do, just logout

go to your phone and try download with your App store menu

Thanks

Please use plain text.