Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Lumia 800 was stolen!!!!! Please help me to pro...

Contributor
RealCaracas

My Lumia 800 was stolen!!!!! Please help me to protect my privacy and information :(

Well, after using the phone only two weeks my phone was stolen... :smileysad:

I blocked the phone and the sim with MOVISTAR here in Venezuela...

I disassociate  FACEBOOK and TWITTER  (also change my password)

Change password on GMAIL, Linkedin and Hotmail (i didnt find the way to disassociate whit the PHONE as i found in twitter an facebook apps).... 

Is there a way to delete the data remotely??? Or to block it remotely? or do anything else to protect my information on the phone??? I am very worried about this....

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RealCaracas

Re: My Lumia 800 was stolen!!!!! Please help me to protect my privacy and information :(

I realize that WindowsPhone.com had an option to erase it and lock it... that doesn't work for me as MOVISTAR already block the sim and it will not receive any message.. Is ther anything else I can do?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

Re: My Lumia 800 was stolen!!!!! Please help me to protect my privacy and information :(

Unfortunately at this point changing all your passwords is the only option. That really sucks! I wouldn't worry too much about your data, whoever stole it probably wiped it already for fear of being tracked.

I wish all the carriers around the world would get together and set up some kind of shared IMEI list to block and report blocked and stolen phones around the world.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RealCaracas

Thanks for the response....

I don't think that the theft that stole my phone have the clue on how to wipe the phone... I am worried because they could use the info to blackmail me....  All my contacts, all my emails all my pictures... there is to many information..... Here in Venezuela you can expect anything from crime....

I did have a lock code on the phone but I set to option to lock it after 30 minutes of no use :smileysad:... MY BAD!!

My only consolation is that when they are going to sleep  the phone after 30 minutes will be locked and then my info will be protected... "I HOPE"....

If there anyone else with a comment I will be grateful.....

Please use plain text.
JOUK

My Lumia 800 has also been stolen, please how can I block the phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You should contact your network and the police and request the block the phones IMEI. So you need to have the IMEI. Please note that this service is not available in every country.

Please use plain text.