Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My Lumia 800 won't turn on anymore

Registered Member
aloneatcee

Nokia lumia 800 went dead during update. Battery was charged. I have tried hard reset, soft reset, charging with a high amp charger (ipad), plugging to laptop, warming it, plugging / unplugging usb. I dont think i have missed out anything. It does vibrate some times when power button is kept pressed for a while, but then nothing happens. Stuck with it. Good phone but now I hate having bought it as it is not a cheap phone and is still new.

If anybody has any other options then please do share. Thanks. Oh yes, I am at sea now so I cant take it to nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Drevnork

Hi there, I'm from Mexico and have always been a nokia user actually, but right now I'm kind of **bleep** with the service, probably in the states you get more nokia help, but down here it sucks, we can only go to our only mobile phone company which is the worse company ever.

I'm a little disappointed though at Nokia for giving out a phone that crashes so often, and that their solution is to create a "support discussion" blog where they dont support you and let users do all the work instead of helping them directly, I'll be trying the heating solution but my phone is really dead i doubt it will reboot, anyone knows how to completely restart it, because i dont get nothing by conectin it to the computer

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
feedoyaar

I am feeling so bad that I am almost ready to vow never to buy a nokia mobile anymore.

Nokia Lumia 520 is- was- behaving so stubbornly and now it's all over. It has no more life. It will not switch on do what u like. And seeing this problem being faced by so many other users i cant help wondering what Nokia intends to do to us.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
800owner

thank you thank you!! my phone which I love to bits just died on me. I plugged it into pc and nothing. unplugged and replugged nothing. came here read your comment after a few seconds of holding down power and down it vibrated. now working good as new. thank you again :smileyhappy:
one happy mummy
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
U330PPC

Hi1

This is my first comment ever on any forum!

I had the same problem when my daughter exhausted the battery charge. When we tried:

1: Nokia Charger: Did not work

2: Samsung Charger: did not work

3: Tried connecting to the PC: Came with error message "install Qualcomm CDMA MSM driver...." Cannot locate this driver anywhere including google search!

4: Tried pressing power button and volume down button simultaneously and the phone vibrated but did not charge!

5: I spent almost two days with all these options several times.

5: Took the SIM card out, connected the charger and pressed power and volume button down and lo behold! phone vibrated and the phone started!

I wrote this to try and help others stuck with the same problem!

Thanks

U330PPC

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
U330PPC

Try taking out SIM card and press power button and volume down button while connected to main charger and see if it works!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Skenky

My Nokia 800 wont start up. Two months ago I sent it in because the earpiece wasn't working; and now this. I have tried everything as stated here and it still will not start up. This is really annoying!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
FINZ

I had the same problem and tried all the tricks that I was able find in the internet. Unfortunately none of them worked so I ended up sending the phone to Nokia care, and two days later they sent me a new replacement phone. Very pleased with the service Nokia!

Please use plain text.
tangigi3

problem: lumia 800 won't go beyond the nokia screen and won't shut off.

I got lucky and was able to do a hard reset.

After pressing the power button for 10 sec for it to reboot, i felt the shut off vibration and quickly pressed the power, volume - and camera at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
helpmeplease685

hi,

my nokia lumia wont turn on at all, i thank all those people with all their tips ,ive tried them all but no luck, not even a vibration nor a sign of life...please help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phoneuserllama

Hello,

I had the exact same problem with my phone, it wouldn't turn on and I tried everything. I then reset my phone by holding the 'volume down' button and the 'power' button and waited until it vibrated once. I left it for 5 minutes and it vibrated twice more and then my phone turned back on.

I hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Advisor
annie15

[ Edited ]

I appreciate any ideas/thoughts. I went back to my iPhone 4 for now. There was no way I was going back to that Plastic mess that is my old Samsung Focus. Not after the Lumia. until the next 

Moderator's Note: External link was removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gh05t98

I had this problem, and found that  holding down the power, volume down and camera buttons, as mentioned, worked, so I turned it off to see if it was ok and it restarted fine. The phone was plugged in to a computer when i tried this, hope this helps some people.

Please use plain text.
bazzaw1

Same thing has just happened to my wifes Lumia 800. Battery had been low (but not completely discharged), but was recharged. Went to activate it and nothing - dead as a door **bleep**. Tried several combinations of Power/Low Volume & Camera button pressing as suggested by many in this forum, eventually got a vibration, then pressed Power again and Winphone7.8 rebooted. Battery level fine, seems to be working OK again. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or software problem? It seems to be driving many people crazy - frustrating as I am now wondering if my Lumia 900 is going to do the same trick (it already lost speaker volume, but applying pressure across the wifi icon restored it - go figure!!). I like the phones and the O/S (WP8 would be even nicer), but you dont expect this sort of thing from relatively new units.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
40watts

thankyou soo much,was having freak out when phone would not turn on
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivagancheva

Thank you so much for the advice :smileyhappy: save my life
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swiftchopper

Hi, Just thought i'd share my not so wonderful experiences with my Lumia 800.

Bought it in October 2012 as a pay as you go phone so it was quite expensive.

14 months later (yes, 2 months after my shop warranty ran out!) it developed a a fault where my screen was non responsive when dealing with calls (both out and in). Basically i couldn't hang up or cancel calls.

Took it to Phones 4 U (where i got it) and they weren't interested as my warranty has expired 2 months earlier. They suggested Nokia Care so i took it there in January 2014

They asked me to leave it and they'd call me back 24hrs later. Got my call but only to tell me that they couldn't fix it and it was being sent to Nokia to get repaired and that this would take 8 - 12 working days. Asked if i could have a replacement whilst mine was getting repaired and i was advised that it was not their policy.

2 weeks later, i got a call saying my phone was ready for collection. When i went to collect, the man in the shop had great delight in telling me that i had been given a new phone!! Less than 2 months later, my phone died on me one morning; wouldn't charge, power up, nothing; so i took it back to Nokia Care who gave me their pitch about leaving it for 24hrs bla bla bla. Got a call back saying  that they couldn't fix it and it was being sent to Nokia to get repaired and that this would take 8 - 12 working days ..... AGAIN!!

I tried to explain that it was a new phone (allegedly) and that i required it for work .... sorry, not our policy to give out replacements whilst your phone is getting fixed etc was the reply i got.

I'll certainly NOT be buying NOKIA or a windows phone EVER again!! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Judging by your post you are in the UK, which means that you should be covered by the 24-month Nokia EU warranty. You got a brand new phone free of charge as replacement for your faulty one and you are having the replacement handset serviced also free of charge under warranty. It is quite probable you might get another new replacement handset and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a newer model since the Lumia 800 is phased out.

No wonder you are so unhappy with Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
swiftchopper

Hi, yes i'm in the UK and i'm grateful i did have the 24 month waranty or i was snookered.
When i took it to NOKIA Care the 2nd time the rep said that because it was sent away for repair twice within 2 months NOKIA would probably do something as a goodwill gesture. No chance of that because i've to collect my phone today and it's still the 800. How can they continue to provide phones that obviously have so many issues??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

I would say you were extremely unlucky with your handsets. At least is it now working OK ?

Please use plain text.