Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My Lumia 800 won't turn on anymore

Kiwi_wi

My Lumia 800 won't turn on anymore

Hi folks,

As mentioned in the title, my lumia 800 won't turn on anymore. I tried all key combination / duration, both connected and not connected to the computer or charger, and it's not giving sign of life.

The battery was FULL at the last moment I've seen it alive. And it's even not recognised by Zune.

Yesterday I had the same problem after I turned it off because the WiFi wasn't working anymore. But then after many attempts I was able to revive it. But today seems to be not so good.

I was just starting to be happy after the battery fix with the last update, but now I'm feeling more and more angry at nokia. The phone is only 3 weeks old... GRRRR

And I must mention that I'm not an isolated case. I've seen many users on forums with the same issue, or a related one. 

Do you think I have to go straight to a nokia Care point ? Or try something else. I would be angry to loose all my datas and apps... 

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TerdRatchett

Re: My Lumia 800 won't turn on anymore

I have the same problem with my 710 and it's my second one in a week.

Please use plain text.
gholloway

Hello All,

Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you, but my Lumia 800 is also not powering on, the battery icon appears when you connect it to a power outlet and will just sit there, normally it will begin to boot once there is enough battery resource to do so but it sat on charge last night for 8 hours and has done nothing, I've tried a different charger but the same happens, have also pressed and held the lock button for 10 seconds which does re-boot the phone and it vibrates but does not come on, again, just returns to the picture of the battery.

I’m very annoyed as I didn't have any problems until I installed the battery fix update.

Nokia, be forthcoming in your customer service, free warranty repair with free data recovery seeming you were not logical enough to give removable storage.

Graham.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maijay

I've experienced the issue of the phone seemingly dead bar a battery icon on the screen on quite a number of times now. Nokia support say its because I let the battery drain flat and the solution is to kick start the battery by plugging in the charger for 4-5 seconds, disconnecting and reattaching the charger to continue the charge.
Please use plain text.
shazza01

i found that by pluggin it into my lap top it vibrated. i then put the phone inside my clothes next to my skin and this seemed to warm it and it started up after bout 5mins
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

[ Edited ]

shazza01 wrote:
i found that by pluggin it into my lap top it vibrated. i then put the phone inside my clothes next to my skin and this seemed to warm it and it started up after bout 5mins

Temperature and climate and play and important factor in this. If it's completely dead it takes a while for it to charge back up again. This is a completely new phone for everyone we're gonna have to get used it and the way it works.

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
petermunnings

same problem.  tried to connect to wifi.  Went to settings, wifi and suddenly the wifi was off.  Switched the phone off got a polite "goodbye" and then nothing.

Managed to get it back on by holding the power button in and plugging the usb power in and out.

Happened again and managed to get it on by holding down the power, volume down and camera buttons.

Bit of a shock when your brand new phone just dies like that.  

Apart from that irritation I love the phone.  Its just about everything I'd want in a phone.  It seems to be a problem with a number of phones, but not all of them.  My wifes lumia 800 works perfectly.

Nokia - any comments?  What should one do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Take it to Nokia Care Point

Please use plain text.
stewie_dxb

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chick2812

My lumia 800 was a gift from my aunt she suddenly passed away and Ive got no receipt does anyone know if Nokia has a warranty this phone is new to the market therefore it should have.... The problem is exactly the same my phone will not power on i got onto Nokia customer care they told me all the above but nothing happened I'm disgusted more so because it was a gift
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi chick2812,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

You can check the Warranty status on the Nokia website. As warranty conditions may vary between regions. Best you can do is to contact local Nokia Care through phone, mail or chat (where available) or visit a Nokia Care Point for further assistance. You can find contact information and the warranty checker through this link.

You can connect the Lumia to the original charger or connect it to a PC using the supplied USB cable. In that case make sure Zune is running on the PC.

Lastly, you can perform a reset by doing the following;

• With the Lumia turned off press POWER and VOLUME DOWN simultaneously
  • The Lumia should vibrate after a few seconds, release POWER
  • After 10 seconds release VOLUME, the Lumia may vibrate
  • Now switch the Lumia back on

Contact Nokia Care or a Nokia Care Point incase this does not restart the Lumia.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Orion76

I had exactly the same problem. None of the button combinations would work etc.

The solution I found, was warming up the phone (quite vigorously between my hand and trouser leg) then plugging it into an iPad charger (high output) and leaving the phone in the sun. After about 10 minutes, it vibrated and came to life.

The heat seems to get the chemistry working in the battery.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
awulu100

I had a similar problem while syncing multimedia on pc with my phone. It went dead after a while. My Pc wouldn't even detect my phone when I connect it. So after:

1. Holding the volume control, camera and power buttons simultaneously while it was connected to my PC with Zune running, the pc detected a usb device but still no reponse from my Lumia 800

2. Connecting it to the original battery charger for about a minute

My phone vibrated after these steps and then started booting. So my phone is fine now but what I don't understand is why the it went off while I had it connected to my PC.  Does it mean the phone doesn't charge while you're syncing multimedia with Zune?

Anyway phone is working perfectly now and thanks for your support

Please use plain text.
welshdevil

My phone suddenly went off and I cannot get it to turn on again, I have tried all of the above things but no result. It has been it has been on charge over night and still nothing. I had two updates yesterday, could this have something to do with it?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ciaran_W

My nokia lumia wont turn on any more either, i topped up put the phone down lifted it when i got out was getin out of the car and it was off hasnt came on since. Is there anything nokia actually do about all these faults? 

Please use plain text.
gostallion

I plugged in my earphones this morning after a full night (6 hours) charge. Less than 2 minutes into my music. The phone crashed and went completely non-responsive.  No way I could restart it even if though I connected it to my charger and later laptop.

I did a hard reboot - hold volume down and start.  1st try no response. 2nd try the phone came back to life with battery level at 80%.

My guess this could have something to do with earphones and wifi connection.  This is the first time I experience this and one of the rare ocassions I use an earphone, in my mind I think the combination of earphones plugged in and likely a drop in wifi signal crashed the damned thing.

Not sure if I will lose all my contacts if the phone is really dead but it happened to me once with iphone and I've never bought another of their products.  I'm hoping this gets fixed asap if it continues to be an issue for users.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sam_wainy

hey guys, this happened yesterday (27th March 2013) and i was listening to music and it just turned off, baring in mind it was on full battery.

So i held down the power button and then the reboot vibrate came on... So i left it again on and listened to music again thinking it was seemingly harmless.

It then happened again around 9:00pm and as much as ive tried, after 14 hours or so even with it on charge all night it is unresponsive... Itsplugged into my laptop and it hasn't acknoledged it at all... Basically i think its buggered.. anyone got any help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maddiemoo664

my phone is totally dead although it is fully charged i tried holding down all three buttons and there was sign of life although i wouldnt let me slide up for the password and it didnt show the date and time at the bottom as it usually does what should i do?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maddiemoo664

fixed it by holding volume down, power and camera for a few seconds then holding agains my skin .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maddiemoo664

try holding volume down, power and camera at the same time for a few seconds then put it somewhere warm , skin or in the sun. this restored the phone back to normal.

Please use plain text.