Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My lumia 800 won't open, it vibrate two times,...

Contributor
rappysv

My lumia 800 won't open, it vibrate two times, a long time (2 sec) and a short time (1 sec)

Hello.

I have this issue to my lumia 800, yesterday morning has gone off and it won't open.

I tryed different things like reset , and all the buttons combinations  but it doesn't work, i also tryed warm it, still doesn't work.

I hope someone could help me.

Thanks Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: My lumia 800 won't open, it vibrate two times, a long time (2 sec) and a short time (1 sec)

hi mate, if you have tried everything then you probably have no choice but to take the phone to your local Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rappysv

Re: My lumia 800 won't open, it vibrate two times, a long time (2 sec) and a short time (1 sec)

It must be something....because I didnt do anything to him, like drop it or something, and no virus.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i'm sorry mate, but as you have done all the troubleshooting that you can possibly do, and the phone still has not recovered, you really have no choice but to take it to Nokia Care for repair.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rappysv

Why it vibrate twice?
If you already have the problem you must know....
PS:No Nokia Care where I am....so is a big problem, I bought the phone 1 week ago, and is verry annoyng ...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MatthiXXY

Hi,

i am having the same problem. I "solved" this, using the following trick:

-take out your sim card

-charge the phone about 30 minutes directly with original charger and cable

-unplug the cable

-hold button about 10 seconds, then try turn it on

-as soon, as you see NOKIA plug in charger

later you can turn it off and on to put in your sim card.

That's my standard procedure since last update. But now I am having a new problem: new update is not working, so I guess they messed up the bootloader (trick with powerbutton and camera button is not working).

Can anybody confirm this?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

If you only bought it a week ago take it back to where you bought it from. It doesn't work, the shop should replace it, it's not fit for purpose.
Please use plain text.
calexico

Thanx MatthiXXY,

This helped me revive my lumia800.
Tried severeal other solutions and every time I felt a long vibrate, followed by a short one, but the screen still didnt show anything. Your solution helped however.
Gracias
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hope3

Hi MatthiXXY,

Thank you so much for this. My phone just went dead I tried everything till I

MatthiXXY wrote:

Hi,

i am having the same problem. I "solved" this, using the following trick:

-take out your sim card

-charge the phone about 30 minutes directly with original charger and cable

-unplug the cable

-hold button about 10 seconds, then try turn it on

-as soon, as you see NOKIA plug in charger

later you can turn it off and on to put in your sim card.

That's my standard procedure since last update. But now I am having a new problem: new update is not working, so I guess they messed up the bootloader (trick with powerbutton and camera button is not working).

Can anybody confirm this?

thanks

read yours.

I took sim out, plugged it into main charger and just after a couple of minutes, it switched on by itself.

Thank you,thank you.

Please use plain text.