2012-03-30 19:38 - edited 2012-03-30 19:40
Hope you can help me. My Lumia has been causing problems from the start, had it for 2 months now. I have not been given the chance to trade it in, but i've had it for repairs for almost 17 days. It came back with nothing fixed. Now i have 12070 and it's getting worse. Can anyone please see if they recognize some of the symptoms and help me solve them, cuz i really wanna keep my Lumia.
1: Audio click between songs when changing songs in the musicplayer. Both on swipe and on back and forth on buttons.
2: Shutter noise from the lens when shifting from videocamera to camera. Sometimes when looking thru pictures. The noise also appears everytime i back out of the camera app.
3: Camera has focus issues, especialy in video. Most pictures come out green or yellowish.
4: Ringtone at max volume the first 2 seconds, after that, the volume it is set at. If Volume is at 1 itm rings at full power first sequence.
5: Jumpy behaviour when charging. When i hold a finger on the app list, it rocks back and forth, shaking. If i take the AC out, it stops.
6: When the audio is on for dialing (typing). Everytime i go and wanna type a phone number. the 2 first digits make a crunchy sound and they're often delayed according to touch. If i open the dialer and wait a sec, its all fine. Its like the audio isnt ready. The wait does so that the 2 first digits sometime come in last second.
7: Even on 12070 (incl hard reset) i can get maximum 21 hours of battery, with no wifi, 3g only, lowest brightness and no games and no music. This is the biggest problem. I cannot believe it.
These are the many issues i face and i've almost had it. I am tired of having a phone that is soo crazy buggy, i really dont know what to do. I am tempted to swing back to a 710 or a Samsung Omnia W if i can even get rid of this as it is (its unsellable if you ask me). But i would rather want a working Lumia 800 (which ive hardly used). Please help.
PS: I already had it in for repair for 17 days and this phone is expensive. I dont wanna spend another 3 weeks without a phone. Bugs or not. HELP!
2012-04-02 7:51 - edited 2012-04-02 7:52
2. Really??? You have Cleary identified it as the shutter so do you really think this is a bug. The shutter sound can't be helped this happens with virtually every camera. This is basically down to the laws of physics, moving parts make noise. It is not a bug.
I am not an idiot. This is clearly a bug, cuz i have tried other Lumia 800's, some does it and some dont. Besides, don't see any reason why the shutter should react when looking thru pictures. I do realize it is the shutter, just saying that its out of control and that the volume of the noise even varies.
3. You can change the focus and white balance settings manually, try using the options instead of just auto if you are having problems.
Tried all of this, didnt help.
6. I have never noticed the sound you speak off but the delay is just due to the phone loading up this specific feature, I wouldn't really call this a bug. Computers aren't alway's instantaneous at doing everything. Surely you must realise this virtually every computer suffers from delays at some point or other a second is hardly a big deal.
Its a big deal for me, cuz many other Lumia devices, Omnia 7, Omnia W and even the Mozart and so forth dont do this. Checked. Sux for me then.
7. It is very common that fast powerful smartphones last about a day especially on 3G. Although the official specs claim longer battery life it is not always true in real daily usage. 21 hours does seem a little low for just 3G standby though. 36 hours seems to be what the phone is capable of, mines at least. I find it lasts longer than the HTC HD7 (my previous phone) Check the diagnostics app,you should be getting around 60-80 with 3G on. If you believe your phones battery isn't behaving normally then you could try resetting it to factory settings. I found after doing this it increased the battery life after the recent update.
Tried resetting twice. Do realize that batteries need to calibrate aswell. Didnt work. Triple the battery time on 12070? Well not with me. Have done 2 hard resets since 12070. Still just barely hit the 24 hour mark. My old Omnia 7 went for 30-35 hours with hardcore use, the Omnia W goes further.... I cant get my Lumia past 24h with 3g, no games, no music... just calls and sms. Tested it a couple times now.
But that is the risk you take when buying a brand new device.
Alomst true! None the less. i am now one step close to selling it, if i can live with sending the phone off to someone well aware that its bugged to the brim.
I have noticed one more issue with this recent update which is that now the battery doesn't charge fully.
It is also worth pointing out that for me the following issues seemed to be introduced when upgrading to the new version of software (12070)
- (Problem 4): Ring volume issue and any other notifications (message, email, phone power charger pluggedin ) tones ignore the volume setting, except for when the volume =0
- Phone is not fully charging now.
- The first time I charged the phone after the recent update it never charged despite being plugged in and my battery just ran flat.
I will at some point try to restore the phone back to previous software update, as for me, my experience of the lastest upgrade was more a downgrade!
Just one note about battery life. I was roaming with the nokia 800 and with no data connection and a 2G network connection I must have got 3 days life out of it .... mostly just in standby. So If you really wanted to get the most out of your battery life then turn off all data connections and turn the max connection speed to 'E'.
Fingers crossed for the next update!
These issues are quite common for a new series of phones for Nokia, since you have bought it already, you should just adapt to them. Maybe in the future, when you send the devices in for servicing they may return you a "fixed" device. The phone is actually quite nice already, considering its design and fluidity. You can't expect more from a first-time.
2012-04-02 17:20 - edited 2012-04-02 17:21
Thats what they said before 12070. It didnt happen.
The last 2 updates, nothing was solved. More problems was added. But, fear not, i have found a solution. I am oficially rolling back from the Lumia 800 to the 710.
2012-04-02 19:16 - edited 2012-04-02 19:21
I am no expert on digital cameras but I'm pretty sure most camera have some some sort of shutter mechanism to control the amount of light reaching the sensor. Are you saying modern cameras have no moving parts at all?
What else would the noise be then? The noise seems to come from the lens, so I just assumed it was some kind of shutter mechanism or maybe at least a lens cover. My standalone digital camera certainly does and can be controlled manually, it also makes a mechanical noise when a photo is taken.
2012-04-03 10:02 - edited 2012-04-03 10:12
2012-04-03 13:47 - edited 2012-04-03 13:48