Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My phone screen is broken

stellamaris
Accepted Solution

My Nokia Lumia 820 Screen is broken and gone blank, how do I fix it. The phone is three weeks old.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: My phone screen is broken

[ Edited ]

That's very unfortunate. You should take it to Nokia Care Point for replacement, which will not be covered by warranty. You can find your nearest NCP from the Nokia Support link at the bottom of the page.

Please use plain text.
heke

Hi. My new Lumia920 fell down from sofa to wooden floor (less than 50 cm high) and the screen got broken!!

How is this possible, since Lumia screen has been "advertised" as very strong and durable?? I suspect that there was a manufacturing defect in it. So many Lumias in use and as far as I know no broken screens although phones have fallen even in stony floors. How is this possible - manufacturingf defect ? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

stellamaris wrote:

My Nokia Lumia 820 Screen is broken and gone blank, how do I fix it. The phone is three weeks old.

When you say broken, do you mean it is smashed or just that it doesn't light up? If the latter, try pulling the battery out for 10 seconds then replace and reboot.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

heke wrote:

Hi. My new Lumia920 fell down from sofa to wooden floor (less than 50 cm high) and the screen got broken!!

How is this possible, since Lumia screen has been "advertised" as very strong and durable?? I suspect that there was a manufacturing defect in it. So many Lumias in use and as far as I know no broken screens although phones have fallen even in stony floors. How is this possible - manufacturingf defect ? 

The 920 is advertised as having scratch resistant glass, not shatter proof glass. Unfortunately, your screen broke probably because of the angle of impact coupled with the weight of the phone. I doubt that it's a manufacturing defect that caused the breakage.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its not a manufacturers defect.Its pot luck which way it hits the ground as pointed out. its called tuff luck and its unfortunate.

When you get it repaired you should buy a gel case and screen protector to be safe and prevent it happening again.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
deluxe

I just experienced the exact same thing only from 40cm high. Wodden floor. just slided slowly off the sofa.

Imagine my surprise when i picked up the phone, and the entire screen was shattered.

I am positive i dont have the same kind of screen as shown in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDEahsoa_N4&feature=player_embedded

It got scrathced very easy as well. And the phone is less than a week old! Very disapointed!

And the is no warrenty for this??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

It's a shame if you accidentally smash the screen because the warranty will not cover accidental damage.
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

[ Edited ]

I know phones are not meant to be dropped but screen shatters from 40cm fall? That's just a little over 1 foot. Come on Nokia, you can do better than that.

Moderator's note: We have removed the link on this post as it directs to a non-Nokia related site. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rixter223

A few weeks ago I bought the 520, very happy with it untill now. My daughter gave me a sd card for fathersday so I opened the phone and put it in. I put the cover back on and it slipped from my hand and on the floor.

It didn't drop from the balcony on the 3rd to the street below but just about 40 centimeters to the floor, I was sitting on my sofa. Result, a broken screen.

Question 1: Why does Nokia use inferrior quality glass (on all Lumia phones)?

Question 2: How much will it cost to replace the screen, an indication will do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rixter223

question 3: How long will it take to get a respons?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Rixter223 wrote:
question 3: How long will it take to get a respons?

This is a user to user forum, plus costs vary between countries, so you will not get a response here. You should contact your local Nokia Support and a Nokia Care Point will provide you a quote.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Franklin98

i recently had my nokia 820 screen fixed because it cracked but after just 5 weeks it cracked again. the first time i dropped it but this time it just cracked. what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

You will have a hard time proving the screen has cracked all by itself without being dropped. So all you can do then is pay for a replacement screen
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Franklin98

ive already replaced it twice this is the second time i havent dropped it and it has randomly cracked.it costs 60 pounds a time which i cant afford

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

The screen shouldn't just randomly crack and like I said you will find it nearly impossible to convince anyone that this is the case. I've owned several touch screen phones over the years and have never come across this particular problem before. I've also never heard of anyone else reporting a similar issue either.

I do sympathize with you and can appreciate that £60 is a lot of money but there isn't anything more this forum can help you with.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jazman71

Hi my nokia lumia 520 screen is broken can any one help?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Your local Nokia Care facility can help you.

Please use plain text.
mack1242

I bought he Nokia 520 just to have as a mp3 player in my car and for fiddling around the house on.  I had the phone in my the front pocket of my shorts on the second day after I opened it.  I picked up my toddler and he must have cracked my screen with his foot somehow.  I can't get a refund from Best Buy and I can't find anyone around town to fix it so now I am buying a replacement screen from China wich should take 15-30 days and then I need to fix the screen on my own.   

Buyer beware of this product.  If you havn't cracked your screen yet may I suggest leaving your mobile phone in a safe place at home.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirsty1985

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I dropped my Nokia Lumia 520 and the screen smashed.  The screen still lit up and the phone was receiving calls/texts etc, but the touch screen didn't work.  I took it to be fixed locally, the screen was fixed in minutes and the phone works again.  However, the screen now will not light up while I am on the phone which means I am unable to activate the keypad for touch tone calls (eg. Press 1 to top up by credit/debit card, Press 2 to top up by voucher, etc, etc.) or to activate loudspeaker, etc.  When pressing the side button to activate the screen it flashes on for a split second and goes off again.  Considering I took the phone elsewhere to be fixed, I know any reply will tell me I shouldn't have done so, but I can't surely be the only person who has done this...... I just want to know if it is in fact fixable?  

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.