Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: My wireless charging stand NFC enabled app loa...

Counsellor
ninehundro

My wireless charging stand NFC enabled app loads slowly on my Lumia 920.

My wireless charging stand NFC enabled app loads slowly on my Lumia 920.  It takes over 15 seconds to load the app that was initiated by NFC on my wireless charging stand.  The app takes under a second to load if I load if from my start screen. 

How do I fix this slow app loading through NFC on my wireless charging stand? 

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Sage
SvenJ

Re: My wireless charging stand NFC enabled app loads slowly on my Lumia 920.

Good to know someone actually got this to work at all. Several posts are having issues with the application setting never coming up. Did you do anything special, or did everything just work as expected first time?

Hope you get some resolution on the speed thing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kroven

Same problem here. Just got mine today and the nfc activation of an app seems useless. It asks for a confirmation to launch the app then takes like you said about 15 seconds to load. The wirless charging feature works wonderfuly though.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

SvenJ,

I just went into Settings: System: Accessories: Charging Stand: (and waited a little while for it to load before I could open "Charging Stand" and change the settings. 

That is where I set the app I wanted to open.  You can also leave feedback there for the charging stand.  It worked right away but it is really slow to load the app you choose.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Sage
SvenJ

Thanks, ninehundro. Have sat on both the accessories screen and the charge stand screen for quite some time and it never got to ungraying the app selection box. Little patience dots just flow across the top of the screen continuously. May try some extra patience, but have submitted a ticket with support. Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear the problems you are having. You can also leave feedback directly with Nokia by clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page, as this is a user to user forum only.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Sage
SvenJ

Well, more patience did it. Put it on the accessory screen in settings and just let it sit. Just came back to it after probably 5 min and the wait dots had quite scrolling, I could select Charge Stand, and the app window was available to select an app. Not near the charger so can't see if it worked or speed, but I'm farther. Thanks.

Please use plain text.