Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

NOKIA LUMIA 520 Camera Button is not Working :(

Registered Member
saransh28

Re: NOKIA LUMIA 520 Camera Button is not Working :(

12-07-13 bought the phone and after taking to home realised that the camera button not working
13-07-13 took the phone to retailer and he kept it and said that he will have to take it to Nokia care
14-07 its Sunday so Nokia care is closed
15-07 retailer said that the company said they will take 2 days to take any action because they have to check that the phone is not water damaged.

**bleep** is this! Why cant Nokia accept that its their fault and replace the phone on the spot. I an never buying a Nokia again.
Please use plain text.
Anand98

The dealer is not accepting the replacement. I have contacted Nokia care. Emailed them the details and they said they are on to it.

That was one week ago. :smileymad:

WP 8 - YOU SUCK!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JKS1994

Same problem with bought it on 22 july 13 ....button worked fine for 2 days and now it got stuck only coming to auto focus
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
boarderguy

if there is any problem by law you have 14 days for a refund or a replacement product where you can get it. if the phone is not in stock....dont get it sent off to be repaired..instead go to another shop thats the same and they will exchange it. if they are out of stock then get a refund and buy it from a different company. you have 14 days by law to do this
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robvar

PHONE IS FINE. Just like Stifan says, make sure the camera plastic button on the cover makes contact with the button in the hardware. I noticed that the button had no up/down play (like the others do). So once I got everything lined up and closed tightly, I took pictures.:Cool:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
robvar

PHONE IS FINE.  Like Stifan says, align correctly the cover's camera rubber button with the button underneath. Once you do that the rubber button should feel like the other buttons.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aliens11

I perfectly agree with Stifan. Its the back cover thats's the culprit. Its a minor flaw with this model. The cover does not press properly. That means the camera button remains vulnerable. Everytime you remove and replace or refit the cover you have to ensure the tactile feed from the button just like the lock screen button or the volume rockers. If its there you have probably fit the cover properly. Else you have to repeat the exercise till everything falls right. For those who are able to lock the autofocus but not able to capture the photo, it means you are half pressing the button but full press is not possible. Again the same thing goes. The button does not engage fully due to improper cover fitment. Repeat the procedure and you should be able to resolve this issue yourself. Most probably (98% times).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JacYDô

My lock button doesn't work, could it be the same type of problem ? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aliahmed1

[ Edited ]

i have bought the phone yesterday from nokia care centre and also tried to align the casing with the actual device's buttons but it isn't working , any idea how to resolve the issue ??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srini520

I bought 520 two weeks back, used it for 10 days without SIM, it worked well. It took a while for me to get my old standard SIM to be transferred to a Micro SIM. I took 100s of photos and few videos, it all seemed to work. Now Camera button is getting stuck and camera is not working. When I click it little hard, it shows as taking picture but I don't see the saved picture videos. Infact video was recording for few seconds, timer was running and when i clicked the button timer stopped. When i tried to view videos, it is not saved.

I am really disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ srini520 - May be that while putting the SIM, the Back cover hasn't been fitted properly as mentioned HERE.(Message 2 and3)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sjithms

If you are facing problem with the camera button ( not at all working, only auto focus is working, intermittency etc ). first check your back panel assembly, if you are sure its a hardware problem. go to nokia care, they will get it fixed. since its a common problem with 520, spares are available with all Ncares. it will take only 1h, also get ur amber update.
Please use plain text.
Mnementh

Same problem with my Lumia 520. The main difference is that I got mine in June, and the button only failed on 26/09, so according to most of the posts here, mine lasted longer.

Took phone to shop, young lad said that the phone was still under warrenty and that they will get it fixed, but it will take about 2wks. (luckily I stil have my old phone (N8-00))

To put things into perspective. I have had Nokia phones for oner 12 years, this is the first 'hardware' problem that I have ever had.

Please use plain text.
Mnementh

You will probably find the the button still fails to work even with the back cover off.
This would suggest that it is more likely to be a hardware/software problem than an incorrectly fitted cover.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davo44

How do I get to an on-screen camera shoot button until i get around to fixing my mechanical button. thanks
Please use plain text.
Mnementh

I had camera button probs on my 520. I took it back to the EE shop, it was sent away for repair, came back after 10 days and now it works fins.
Having read the repair list it would seem that the camera prob is software more than mechanical.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sajid2020

Just press the button quite hard and it will work
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seamus_d5

hey, my lock button isn't working now, the volume button went frst now the lock button its so annoying. Just wondering what did u do abt it? like who did u contact to get it fixed? thanks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sjithms

just go to nokia care
Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

Hello, seamus_d5.

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

Sorry to hear this. When did the issue begin to start? Did something happen to your phone prior to the issue? When and where did you purchase your phone?

Try to remove the back cover and put it back in. If this will not work, we suggest visiting the nearest Nokia Care Point to have your phone assessed by our technicians.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.