Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA LUMIA 610,I need a Change.........Symbia...

Advisor
RONITMADDY

NOKIA LUMIA 610,I need a Change.........Symbian is better than WindodwPhone

When I bought the phone Lumia 610 2 days ago (5-Aug-2012),I was very happy and thought that Like the N72 (my previous mobile) this one will be much better and  I buy it,just because it has the BRAND NAME "NOKIA" ,but now I regret it that WHY I have not checked online regarding its various issues.Most importantly its bluetooth problem.

Now if I need to transfer any file of various extension viz. *.jpg,,*.xls,*.doc,etc. from my friend,I will have to ask him to either mail me or to use "SKYDRIVE",and we all know for sure that every one does not have an account on "SKYDRIVE" and both "SKYDRIVE" and "E-Mail" need internet connection,and in India,internet connection in mobile is not common.Don't to yu all think it is more time consuming to upload a file and download the same (which again depend upon the internet connection & speed) than sending it through bluetooh .when I know the file lies just in his hand (mobile) and if I had a blue tooth file transfer facility in my mobile "LUMIA 610" it could have been done in just few minutes.Now I feel I was fool that I bought this "LUMIA 610" ( So I say My N72 was much much better than LUMIA)

I can't even download a file like,*.zip,*.exe,*.msi,*.rar,etc. from differnt website,all because the browser in LUMIA say "This file format is not supported by this device".....I know its not supported by the device,I want to download it ,so that I can,later, transfer it in my computer.You would say I can do the download directly in my computer,WELL YES,I can do that,but In case of large size files,I think it is better to keep the mobile open for downloading ,than desktop or laptop. ( So I say My N72 was much much better than LUMIA)

I want ask Nokia technician and people concern in NOKIA community,can I expect the following changes in my Nokia Lumia 610 from you people.

1). Complete Bluetooth facility (atleast file (of all type) transfer facility)

2). A good browser,so that I can download ,whatever file I want,whether support or not by the windows mobile.

3)A file manager (like the one you have in SYMBIAN OS ),so that I can take a full advantage of my mobile hard disk/drive,manage my files by putting it in my choice of folder(s)

4. A good PC SUITE ,not this stupid ZUNE,which will support the transfer of all types of file (Like the one you provide for SYMBIAN Mobiles.)

IF NOT ALL THESE THEN TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE OPERATING SYSTEM OF NOKIA LUMIA 610 TO ANY OTHER BEST AVAILABLE SYMBIAN OS. I feel that ,when it come to mobile OS ,NOKIA's SYMBIAN is much much better than WINDOWS phone/mobile OS.

I hope you people would reply positively and quickly because if all these changes are not possible,then I would be selling this stupid LUMIA to some one else,and would have look at some other handset/mobile,possibly of some other company,because at the same range I m getting a good product. (DON'T TELL ME THAT I MADE A MISTAKE BY BUYING LUMIA,ALL I DID WAS TRUSTING A BRAND "NOKIA" WHICH I WAS USING SINCE LONG TIME)

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Re: NOKIA LUMIA 610,I need a Change.........Symbian is better than WindodwPhone

Sorry you feel this way. Personally I think the Lumia 610 is a great phone with a fantastic price.

SkyDrive is included free with your Windows Phone 8.

Why would you want to download msi, exe, etc? You can't use those files on any phone. Why not download those on the device you are going to use them on?

1) This will not be possible until Windows Phone 8.

2) This has nothing to do with the browser. It has to do with OS restrictions and security measures.

3) This will not be possible until Windows Phone 8.

4) This has nothing to do with Zune. It has to do with OS restrictions and security measures. Zune has been scrapped and will no longer be used with Windows Phone 8.

Unfortunately the Lumia 610 will not be able to run Windows Phone 8. It is not possible to change the OS to Symbian.

Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NickTheGR

Excuse me but i have one common problem.. I read that by zune you can transfer files to your pc. but i cant find anything about transfering them. Internet Connection is a hard way. So can you tell me what i have to do with zune so i can transfer my files to my pc?  

Thx

Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Check this how-to guide:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/music/sync-files-with-my-phone.aspx
Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RONITMADDY

so its not possible to transfer file directly to my phone(except music,video,podcast) and if i want to transfer excel file,pdf file then i will have to do it indirectly through email or skydrive(in both cases uploading and download the same depending on internet connection) ..... that very time consuming(bad).since full bluetooth facility and file managering system wull be available in WIN8,then I think I made a mistake by buying WIN7 based phone,However one of the person from Nokia customerCare contacted me through email and said that these feature will be included in the update of phone software,If true,I thanks to the developers of the Nokia comunity in advance and hope such update will be available very soon,since such updates are possible than changing the OS. I hope someone in this forum confirm me the same(about the updates). Thanks & Regards.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RONITMADDY

so far the builtin browser is concern,I would suggest UC browser,which I m using right now in my Lumia,which is much better than Internet Explorer im phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RONITMADDY

if not updates,another solution to these problem could be that the nokia developer could develop an application which after installing in WIN7 phone,would help in file transfering (either by bluetooth or mass storage) files of all types by bypassing the WIN7 phone restrictions.I hope these suggestion would result in some fruitfull solution\outcome.
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

It is not possible for any app to bypass WP7.5 OS restrictions like no bluetooth file transfer and no mass storage mode. Neither will they be done away with with WP7.8 update which is mainly a UI upgrade. These restrictions go to the core of the OS and you are stuck with them. The Nokia care reply has given you false hopes which is regrettable.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

At this time there is no information on what will be included in the Windows Phone 7.8 update besides the new startscreen. Any other 'information' should be considered speculative and rumour. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dhwani

Why Lumia 610 not able to have windows phone 8 os? Can you please explain....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

WP8 cannot run on the hardware of the 610. Same is valid for the 710, 800 and 900.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kalya

hi i bought nokia lumia 610 on 4th sep i felt very happy for sometym bt afterr viewing reviews i got dissopinted that there was no blootooth facility which can use with other mobiles its hurting me can u please find a solution by changing this option ??i hope u can rectify this blootooth option as early as possible

Please use plain text.
Contributor
McAncan

This is useless 8Gig for nothing, as I cnt store or transfer my files in it.Sort out this headache,frustrating, stressful n painful Bluetooth problem of Urs...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yanzg2004

Why not give the choice to users? Maybe I would like to download some exe or msi for my PC computer later or I will use the phone to download some driver in order to re-build the system of the PC (maybe the driver files for the ethernet card).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gadget_sucks

I buy this phone, lumia 610 2 weeks ago, until now i still fell this phone doesnt usefull...i hope nokia can give my money back...please,,,,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
freakout_24

I kind agree with you with this stupid Zune software .. it takes a lot of time to donwload it!!! and bluetooth is not comapatible with all kinds of devices...

Please use plain text.
peepi24

Guys zune was 200% stupid ting.. Being a nokia fan. am telling ,these nokia phones with windows os (below win 8) r really dissapointing by their bluetooth problems...and also in 510 there is only 4gb inbuilt memory is thr(in 610 8gb) if we store some hd films tn there is no space fr frthr storage ,nd thr ws no extrnl memory slot...and in india d internet speed s very slow,with no bluetooth,limited memory space it s very difficult to manage...so tink twice before taking a windows phone,nd take a divice whch contain all features fr d money u r giving...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

peepi24 wrote:
...and also in 510 there is only 4gb inbuilt memory is thr(in 610 8gb) if we store some hd films tn there is no space fr frthr storage .

Why would you want to store HD films on a phone who's screen resolution is only 480*800 pixels? 

Please use plain text.
Dontbuywin7

[ Edited ]

I am completely agree with you. I have exactly same problem.
I want to know that have you got any solution or not. It yes then please help me thanks.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moderator's note : Please, no personal information.  Read our guidelines.  Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
GPBimal

I am full agree with Ronit. I think Nokia need to collect back the Lumia 610 with customer. Why are they making down their good will in market by distributing these type of products. I warn people who are making plan to buy Nokia Lumia, at lease lumia 610 absolutely not.
Please use plain text.