Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA LUMIA NEEDS MORE AND BETTER APPS!

Registered Member
beccikidd

NOKIA LUMIA NEEDS MORE AND BETTER APPS!

This is frustrating me, the fact that Iphone has pretty much EVERYTHING and the Lumia just misses the Apps part. i chose the Lumia 900 over the Iphone because it was smarter, better looking and different which i still love about it.

Its the Apps that let it down, they arent great quality and there are hardly any compared to the Iphone. Aka, Temple Run and Angry Birds. CUMMON NOKIA!!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi beccikidd,

Applications are designed on various by the developer's choice. For example you mentioned Temple Run, which is on iOS and Android, but not on the WP OS. This is because the developer's have not yet made a version for the WP OS. This is not something Nokia design and pushes out.

If you wish to know more information about these particular applications, contact the developer directly. 

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sparkedfire

beccikidd wrote:

This is frustrating me, the fact that Iphone has pretty much EVERYTHING and the Lumia just misses the Apps part. i chose the Lumia 900 over the Iphone because it was smarter, better looking and different which i still love about it.

Its the Apps that let it down, they arent great quality and there are hardly any compared to the Iphone. Aka, Temple Run and Angry Birds. CUMMON NOKIA!!!

Check this out:
Nokia Announces Upcoming Exclusive Apps

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

beccikidd wrote: This is frustrating me, the fact that Iphone has pretty much EVERYTHING and the Lumia just misses the Apps part. i chose the Lumia 900 over the Iphone because it was smarter, better looking and different which i still love about it.

It's happening, keep in mind that this is still a very new platform. As Windows Phone market share gains popularity and grows developers keep taking more notice and are factoring in the environment for their apps. If you look at charted app releases from launch of iPhone and Android compared to WP7 in the same timeframe where WP7 is now. WP7 is actually releasing more apps compared to the other two environments. It's happening, just taking time.

Please use plain text.