Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Narrator won't start

Advisor
simnix

Narrator won't start

Hi,

My phone (Nokia Lumia 920) has just update to 8.1 and I cannot use the Narrator, when I try to switch it on a message comes up displaying the following:

Narrator can only be used while your phone's language is set to English (United Kingdom). You'll need to change this in both Settings > Language and Settings > Speech.

The thing is, both Language and Speech are set to English (United Kingdom). The only thing I can see is, when you are in the settings list: under the word Language is English and under the word Speech is English (United Kingdom), please see the attatchments bellow. Could the fact that Language (English) be stopping me.

I am nearly blind and being able to use this feature would be very useful.

--------------
If you invent a better mousetrap, someone else will invent a better mouse.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Narrator won't start

Just guessing here, but I think when you go to Settings > Speech you'll find you need to (re)download the speech files to be able to use it after the update.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.