Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Need bigger keyboard for Lumia 900

whyisitsohard

Need bigger keyboard for Lumia 900

[ Edited ]

I have a Lumia 900 and need a bigger keyboard for my big thumbs, but I do not have these options :-(

Why do they waste all that space and make the keyboard small in landscape?

I wish I could turn off predictive/auto correct too!

Moderator's notes: The post was edited. A more appropriate subject is provided.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Re: Need bigger keyboard for Lumia 900

[ Edited ]

Hi whyisitsohard,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Let's start with your concern on the keyboard size of the Lumia 900. Unfortunately, there's no setting on the phone to increase the size of the keyboard. Alternatively, I would suggest using landscape mode when typing a text message. This is because the letters are wider compared when using it in a portrait mode.

For the predictive text or auto correct tool, you can disable it by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings
2. Tap on Keyboard
3. Tap on typing settings
4. Tap on Keyboard, which is located above the Typing improvement section
5. Remove the check mark for the "Suggest text and highlight misspelled words". You also have the option to disable other keyboard settings.

Hope this helps.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.