Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New Update – Battery still shows ?

mplexo

New Update – Battery still shows ?

[ Edited ]

I’ve just updated my lumia 800, to the latest software (1600.2483.8106.11500). But the battery still shows a question mark.

The Nokia diagnostic utility shows 0 for all the battery values.

The phones only last a day, from a full charge.

Should I keep waiting for another update?
Or send it off for repair, which I was told would take 4 -6 weeks. (not something it want to do).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
James2k

The battery update is a fix for Lumia 800's that were showing a full capacity lower than 1000 mAh. The problem you described sounds less common, I'd contact Nokia and organise a replacement.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
EoAssassin

Same here... "?" is still displaying. I need to test if the phone still reboot by itself (because the battery pourcentage given in the "Battery saver" tells me that it has 5% left then back to the "normal" pourcentage (may occur under 70%))...

Really not happy with that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadicoool

Doesn't seem to be the case for me!
Currently, remaining capacity=1209
full charge capacity =1484
So actual battery charge=1209*100/1484= 81.47
Battery charge shown=82%

Earlier it reached 100%t at ~1300mAh
Please use plain text.
SethM

Same problem here -- I was under the impression that the next update would fix the ? problem, but I guess that's not the case?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Yes same here. This was reported last week over at htttp://www.mobiletechworld.com as the author has 2 Lumia 800s and one of them suffers from the ? problem like us. But it seems like Nokia doesn't care or simply doesn't to tells us that it's a hardware defect. :-/
Please use plain text.
SethM

[ Edited ]

I tend to think it isn't a hardware problem, because when I first got the phone (running 7720), it didn't have the battery ? issue. It woul dbe nice to hear from Nokia, though.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Going back to the first firmware no longe rfixes the issue: there's no ? sign (thereading is bogus though) but the battery is no longer detected by the OS and diagnostic app anymore. :-(
Please use plain text.
SethM

So if you go into Settings->Battery Saver, does it show a percentage of the battery charge?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

The percentage is totally bogus and changes everytime you enter the settings menu. The Diagontics app also reports 0 everywhere. Last month FW update broke something somewhere..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
EoAssassin

Exact same issue.

@SethM : Yes the battery Saver shows the pourcentage. The latest update (yesterday) seemed to enhance the battery % variation (variation between 5-10%). No auto power off for now but i have to let it deplete.
Please use plain text.
mplexo

Is there any word from Nokia?

I was advised to wait for the update, which did not work!

Now I am out of my 30 day, return.

So i will have to send it off for repair, which can take 4 / 6 weeks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
EoAssassin

[ Edited ]

Update : Worst than ever!

The full charge of the phone maxes to 88% and it depletes in a record time of: 6 hours with EDGE 2G. It's a total disaster. I roll back to previous update.......

I'm now extremely disappointed by Nokia

EDIT : Zune did not kept the Restore from latest update for no reason. I'm sick and tired of this mess.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

Here's "THE END" of my happiness.... Today Morning, I wake up and the Battery Icon now has a "?" .... I tried updating to the latest firmware which I rolled back to 7740 on Jan 18th.. Still "?"..

I have literally given up hope on Nokia... Lumia 800 is one ridiculously frustating Phone .. As usual I doubt there will be any word from Nokia.... 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhuijgen

I have the same problem. My Lumia 800 shows ? as battery status.

This problem spontaneously surfaced about 1,5 weeks ago (phone running build 7740 at that time). I’ve updated to 1600.2483.​8106.11500 but I do not see any changes.Also a hard reset did not solve the problem.

When I open the Nokia diag tool, all values are 0, 0v, 0% or 0 mA Except for the Temperature on Detailed Battery Info screen. This one shows Temperature: -273,17 degrees Celsius (I believe this is absolute zero)

My Lumia already had very bad standby time. The Remaining Charge Capacity never exceeded 1340 mAh and I got about 10 hours battery time with average use with my Lumia 800.

I also have a year old HTC Trophy which runs about 32 hours with more settings enabled (WiFi, Bluetooth, 2 ActiveSync accounts). My Samsung Omnia 7 (with 4" screen) gets about 42 hours of standby time with about the same settings as my Trophy.

No battery status on a phone that only has about 10 hours standby time is horrible. I’m going to return this device and I hope the replacement will be better.

Nokia, please step up and fix this or replace these defective devices before they hit the market!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhuijgen

I just called Nokia support. They informed me there where a lot of problems with the battery of the Lumia 800. Most are fixed by the latest firmware update.

Unfortunately the problem on my device is still present after the latest firmware update (1600.2483.8106.11500). Nokia support asked me to drop of my device at a Nokia Care Point. They were curious as to why the problem was still present after the firmware update.

Are other people experiencing the same problems?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joeka

I too have the same problem - battery indicator in status bar shows a question mark.  Going to Nokia's Diagnostic tools - all values are zero and this never used to be the case.  Remaining battery value that does show in Settings > Battery Saver - is not an acturate reading and find it difficult to trust!

Issue randomly occured about 2 weeks ago (the phone was running 7740 at that time, I believe).   I don't think this happened directly after a previous update - but a few days later - at least from what I remember.

Been speaking to Nokia Support for the last couple of weeks - did a full reset of the phone and waited for the very latest update (1600.2483.​8106.11500), but still no joy!

Today, I have just had my device collected by UPS to be delivered to Nokia.  This is a free service, I filled out the warrenty device repair form on the Nokia website last night - at 9am this morning UPS were hear to collect...  Pretty efficient I think... So far so good!

Here's hoping it'll continue like that!

Please use plain text.
mplexo

Those people who are sending their phones backc to nokia, what country are you in?

I'm in the UK, and they won't accept that their is a fault with mine.

They keep saying wait for another update!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rhuijgen

I’ve returned my device to a Nokia Care Point (actually it’s also a business sales point for a large telco). They are selling the Lumia’s like crazy. The whole store was one big Windows Phone advertisement with some blackberries and androids in the corner.

They guy who helped me told me he did not get many Nokia’s back and never saw the battery indicator problem being this persistent. He flashed the device with a build from Nokia that should solve the problem. But it did not. The device is now being returned to Nokia.

@mplexo: I’m from The Netherlands

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joeka

@mplexo - Yeah, I'm in the UK too.  All I did originally was email Nokia about the problem - they gave the typical response of do a full reset and wait for next update...  Did all that, waited for the last update (8106), but still no joy.  They said that if that didn't work to either take it back to the supplier or send it directly to them for repair/replacement.

Please use plain text.