Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee
Accepted Solution

New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

[ Edited ]

Hi all!

Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 800, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.2487.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. This update will gradually be available for more markets in the coming weeks and we will keep you informed via our support pages as well as via a similar announcement here on Nokia Discussions Forum, once we add additonal markets to the roll out.

As this is not a mandatory software update, not every country or network carrier will make it available to their customers. However, all features and enhancements will be included in subsequent software updates. If you have questions if 1600.2487.8107.12070 will be available for you, please check with your local network carrier.

The new Lumia 800 update brings the following enhancements:

• Enhanced battery standby and talk-time performance
  • Fix for non-responsive screen when ending a call
  • Improved  bass in audio performance
  • Soft keys illumination available for all screen brightness levels
  • Fix for rebooting in certain network conditions 

As soon as the update is available for you, your phone will display a notification on your Homescreen or you can check for available updates manually by going to Settings > phone update. To update your phone, please follow those 4 steps:

1.   Install the Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac OS) on your computer. You'll need this software to download the phone update.

2.   Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.

3.   If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn't start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.

4.   In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

Quick question....

why...of all the countries in the world, are india and singapore getting it first. Pretty sure the UK should be one of the first to get the update......
Please use plain text.
Contributor
soundstorm17

Will it be available in Hungary?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AndehX

Its available to anyone who wants to use it, you just have to know where to get it. I've been using it for the past 4 days and I live in the UK.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Yeah I know where to get it. but I'd rather get the official version not some vodafone india version.....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AndehX

There's no difference apart from one 5 second start up screen... You're only punishing yourself by waiting like a mug.
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

Why bother with this update.  There is no camera patch (terrible terrible camera) and no tethering.

I could not care less about a patch until then.

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jcardoso

This is cool news.

Question. My phone is not branded to any network. I assume that those will be updated independently of the country we use them correct?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jerms

Why bother? Only because

The new Lumia 800 update brings the following enhancements:

• Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance

• Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen

• Improved bass in audio performance

• Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels

• Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
VoodooKing

mkr10001 wrote:
Quick question....

why...of all the countries in the world, are india and singapore getting it first. Pretty sure the UK should be one of the first to get the update......

I'm from Singapore so I'm wondering what you are trying to imply.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

If i had my phone I would try out this update, but it's still getting repaired, who knows when I'll get that phone back...

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suberji

Did not know much about the battery issue, purchased Lumia 800 couple of days back. Extremely poor battery performance. Updated to this latest patch, still no improvement. Will Nokia give me a replacement? I will be happy if Nokia gives back my money and takes the phone back.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PaulSlide

VoodooKing  I think what he's trying to say is that some of us here in the UK have owned this phone since November, so for four long months we have been trawling these threads for hope that the battery and sound issues are even being dealt with at all.  Now we find out that indeed they are, but not to our benefit yet, AND may not be rolled out to us at all.  Not quite what our loyalty deserves, wouldn't you say?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stivoberlin

Tethering ? Still no tethering ?
nokia ? Still NO official news about that ?
are you taking your customers for fools ???
Do YOU really think that the early adopters of a Lumia 800 WILL make publicity for your product if you take so long to address the issues...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Installed the update with CAB Sender yesterday on my UK SIM free handset, battery does seem improved.
Please use plain text.
fjodor

’We will add more countries and variants to the rollout based on market requests.’’

There is no request, there is an absolute necessity! Patience is usually my second nature, but the whole non communication policy since the launch of the Nokia Lumia 800 is scandalous. When Nokia finally listening to their customers and responds quickly to problems and childhood illnesses. Like many others with me I'll be forced to daily to plug my device to the Zune software in the hope that Nokia (Netherlands) will be so kind to update my phone.

Nokia, listen, communicate (especially in the media and forums) and trade as a company that lives up to your image.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Erazor84

[ Edited ]

@suberji i have the SAME problem. before the update my lumia consumes 4% / hour ... so i can use my phone about 12hours.... after the new 12070 update -> still 4-5% / hour! :smileymad: i'm really angry ... it's just ridiculous...... this was my first nokia phone after 4 years ....and my last one ....

Please use plain text.
JPep263

Hear hear Paul Slide! I have already contacted my service provider to remind them to push 12070 - they were slow to respond to the last one, so a firm push was needed to ensure that when this comes to the UK in the next few days (apparently) that Three support the update and push it to our phones alot quicker. My handset is locked to Three so I  am dependent on them releasing it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

stivoberlin wrote:
Tethering ? Still no tethering ?
nokia ? Still NO official news about that ?
are you taking your customers for fools ???
Do YOU really think that the early adopters of a Lumia 800 WILL make publicity for your product if you take so long to address the issues...

Tethering is coming they talked about it on a recent q&a session, sorry I don't have a link but it is elsewhere on this forum. They stated that the tethering is coming along with Microsofts next big OS update which is Tango expected April/May sometime, no official release date.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lupeders

Mine is awesome in battery usage. After 4 hours use i have 53 % left. That means I have to charge twice a day. I can maybe make one whole day at work. :-( 

Please use plain text.