Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

Advisor
seinman

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

mkr10001 wrote:
Quick question....

why...of all the countries in the world, are india and singapore getting it first. Pretty sure the UK should be one of the first to get the update......

Why?

Please use plain text.
Rev0Knuckle

Not the best way to put it I'll admit, but I think he's just implying that the UK was possibly the biggest customer group from the initial launch. So its irritating for us to have to wait longer than anyone else for this much needed firmware fix, since we have put up with the quite frankly shocking bugs for longer than anyone else.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

[ Edited ]

I think the update should roll world wide at the same time, this is just ridiculous.
Now people manually update their devices with unofficial firmware and get problems and blame Nokia, their own fault if you ask me.

Anyway, I don't think any one should be priviliged to get the update any sooner than anyone else.

Anyway, the Nokia site in my country says 11500 is the newest update, however I have 11501 ?_?

Where can I get more information on when it will be available in my country?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yl4715

when can we get this update in HK?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

[ Edited ]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Not the best way to put it I'll admit, but I think he's just implying that the UK was possibly the biggest customer group from the initial launch. So its irritating for us to have to wait longer than anyone else for this much needed firmware fix, since we have put up with the quite frankly shocking bugs for longer than anyone else.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I agree to the point that no one should be privileged to get the firmware... But it seems that we are missing the Logic here... It seems to be the correct move by Nokia to launch it in India and Singapore first... Now before you say "**bleep**", Let me explain WHY...

1. Firmwares are developed "Unbranded" and then tweaked to include the operator branding before getting released to the general public of that country... So, when someone says - UK Should have been the first -- You are implying that Nokia having developed the firmware fix, should keep it sitting IDLE (while the reputation gets tarnished day by day), up untill all the branding thing is added and then release it simultaneously...

2. India does not have any Operator Branding Non-Sense. All the Device manufacturers have to release it unlocked, if they wish to enter a potentially growing market with billions of ppl. Remember, India received iPhone approximately 2 years later than the release, just coz Apple was reluctant to sell unlocked device officially.

So, to me it makes sense, to release the new firmware to NON-BRANDING countries and  analyze the initial impressions while they prepare it for Specific countries.... 

Hope it all makes sense.... This may not be the actual strategy, but definitely the best approach possible IMO.... Cheers !!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

yl4715 wrote:

when can we get this update in HK?

Within 6 weeks as mentioned in somewhere the official announcement.  Nokia has not learnt from Anna update, or this is related to Microsoft Zune.

angler
Please use plain text.
Advisor
darkpuh

Upcoming weeks?? So it might still take weeks for this patch to be out in Finland? God damn, if that's the case!
Please use plain text.

That's all well and good, however I bought a SIM-free Lumia 800 here in the UK and the updates don't appear to be available to me any earlier than operator-subsidised handsets.

I've had this phone since November; there's a definite battery issue with the 3G/HSDPA radio. At home my battery drain is huge, but once I leave that cell the phone behaves normally. Unfortunately for my Lumia, I spend a fair amount of time at home, which renders the phone practically useless.

For reference, I have an iPhone 3 configured the same way (push email, wifi off) and it gets about 4 days of standby time...
Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Iphone3Gs and iphone4 both have far better battery life than Lumia800.  Even my HTC Desire HD with bigger screen has longer standby time.  Look forward to have this firmware to see whether there is any improvement, or stop using any Windows phone since uncertainty of future OS upgrade and current half-baked OS.

angler
Please use plain text.
Advisor
WhiteAlien

[ Edited ]

mkr10001 wrote:
Quick question....

why...of all the countries in the world, are india and singapore getting it first. Pretty sure the UK should be one of the first to get the update......

Quick answer: because if something goes wrong with this update only indians and singapourians will cry. It is typical software/update release route - always start with beta markets before rolling to main

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

[ Edited ]

___________________________________________________________________________________

Quick answer: because if something goes wrong with this update only indians and singapourians will cry. It is typical software/update release route - always start with beta markets before rolling to main ___________________________________________________________________________________

LOL.... Nice Try WhiteAlien.... Keep comforting urself & Others with that statement..... The fact remains the same.... 1% of sales in India > 20% of sales in UK or US.... Its all about the actual figures and not the %.

So I urge you to stop this Region Bias and Wait... Most importantly: Have faith in Nokia... They are trying their best ....  Cheers !!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

11501 is the same as 11500, it just means it was flashed with the same firmware as 11500 where as 11500 is the version that means you updated via zune/cab.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adfergusonOVI

skyee wrote:

Hi all!

Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 800, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.2487.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. This update will gradually be available for more markets in the coming weeks and we will keep you informed via our support pages as well as via a similar announcement here on Nokia Discussions Forum, once we add additonal markets to the roll out.

As this is not a mandatory software update, not every country or network carrier will make it available to their customers. However, all features and enhancements will be included in subsequent software updates. If you have questions if 1600.2487.8107.12070 will be available for you, please check with your local network carrier.

The new Lumia 800 update brings the following enhancements:

• Enhanced battery standby and talk time performance

• Battery capacity icon instead of question mark on top right of screen

• Improved bass in audio performance

• Soft-key illumination at all brightness levels

• Fixes for device performance issues including self-reboots, freezes and call-ending

As soon as the update is available for you, your phone will display a notification on your Homescreen or you can check for available updates manually by going to Settings > phone update. To update your phone, please follow those 4 steps:

1.   Install the Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac OS) on your computer. You'll need this software to download the phone update.

2.   Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.

3.   If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn't start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.

4.   In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.

Best regards,

Yvonne from Nokia Care

When are you going to sort the Blue Tooth problem and allow WiFi tethering?  My sim card is going to get worn out everytime I need to swap with my old phone to enable tethering

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
joeaperson

It's really incredible that the firmware update release can take so long (some site talks about SIX WEEKS) since it solve serious problems like "self-reboots", "freezes" and "call-ending", not to mention the audio quality problem. It's true that branded firmwares take much more time for personalization issues, but it's also true that UNBRANDED version of the Lumia800 exist.

It's quite obvious that Lumia 800 was released on the market too soon to hit the Christmas target, now that there's a solution for all these problems why we have to wait WEEKS to get it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

Nokia UK held a Q&A session yesterday and one of the top questions was about the availability of the update in the UK. Here's a direct quote from their Facebook page

3. Is there another update for the Lumia 800 on the way?

We have just started the rollout of a new update and we will share details about the content & availability over the next few days right here on our Facebook page and in the Nokia Support Discussions http://nokia.ly/ytuSlh. Furthermore, make sure you have set up your device to inform you when an update is available: Settings > Phone Update and make sure both boxes are checked.

You can see it for yourself Here

I'd rather die on my feet, Than keep living on my knee's!
Please use plain text.
Sage
sealionact

Erazor84 wrote:

@suberji i have the SAME problem. before the update my lumia consumes 4% / hour ... so i can use my phone about 12hours.... after the new 12070 update -> still 4-5% / hour! :smileymad: i'm really angry ... it's just ridiculous...... this was my first nokia phone after 4 years ....and my last one ....

12 hours? Seriously? How am I getting 35-40 hours without breaking a sweat? What are you running - WhatsApp? Other background tasks? You have the auto brightness on?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

You should probably cancel this roll out and fix the bugged volume. A lot of people won't like it... Luckily I keep my volume high enough for it not to matter, others don't.
Please use plain text.
Professor

sealionact wrote:

Erazor84 wrote:

@suberji i have the SAME problem. before the update my lumia consumes 4% / hour ... so i can use my phone about 12hours.... after the new 12070 update -> still 4-5% / hour! :smileymad: i'm really angry ... it's just ridiculous...... this was my first nokia phone after 4 years ....and my last one ....

12 hours? Seriously? How am I getting 35-40 hours without breaking a sweat? What are you running - WhatsApp? Other background tasks? You have the auto brightness on?

Obviously because some of the lumia's are defective. I thought we had established this....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

You would think those on here that have openly had issues or called the helpdesk should be sent out the updates (they can send to accounts if they want).

UK user: Nokia told me it would be here in 2 weeks, due to licensing rules being different here.. (as has been said here, all to do with branding), again nokia could roll out to al imsi numbers that are NOT Branded phones.

I think personally that those who have issues, will find that this update will not sort the problem, due to the handsets being faulty. Faults: from bad batteries thru to faulty receivers in the handsets.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Sometimes Nokia can't win, they rush something and people complain because it's not 'perfect' a six week 'delay' and it's a disaster !! Really think the SW and product releases on all the OS's used by Nokia has been excellent and punctual for the last year or so, and as soon as all the carriers approve the update, it'll be out, moaning and complaining will neither speed it up or slow it down, other phone users have issues, over half the Android world are waiting for ICS !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.