Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

Contributor
apjs87

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

You need to remember that Windows Phone 7 is in its early stages and is a new OS. Establised platforms such as IOS and android have had the time to iron out their problems where as microsoft are still discovering and solving their own

Give it time. Windows Phone and Nokia will become perfect together. If you cant wait, go somewhere else

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jakeway

Tell you what I cant wait for.... this update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
apjs87

well u will have to or track back on this thread and do it manually, which many of us have done successfully 

Please use plain text.
telemasca

I'm starting to regret switching from HTC to Nokia. When will the update be available for rest of the countries? It would be great to have a normally working phone...as it should have been from the very beginning.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kravex

telemasca wrote:
I'm starting to regret switching from HTC to Nokia. When will the update be available for rest of the countries? It would be great to have a normally working phone...as it should have been from the very beginning.

It's probably been pulled due to the audio going to full if a call comes in, having bugs is one thing but Nokia's probably worried about someone trying to sue them over harming their hearing in today's claim culture.

Nokia Lumia 800 owner
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
oneFinn

I won't comment on the other stuff, but this is ridiculous.

Are you seriously comparing a PC to a cell phone?

Even if, a PC has a thing called multitasking. So in your example my tweet will stay wherever I typed it regardless of what I decide to do in between writing and sending. I contrast the Nokia Lumia does not offer that and getting a call might happen on a ... phone.

Not comparing, just as an example. If you are in the middle of writing a sms and get a call or you switch to another task, the sms writing status will remain in background and phone will return back to it after the call is finished. It doesnot vanish (well, it will when the number of new tasks exceed the background limit, 5 if I remember right).

WP OS has multitasking, though most of task get "tombstoned" in background.

Please use plain text.
JoshT

The reason why UK users still don't have the update is no-doubt down to the carriers (even if you have an unlocked device).

Even though Nokia extensively test all of their updates (as any company would), the carriers still do their own tests on the updates. This is whya few people didn't have the Mango update (WP 7.5) when it was released. And the NoDo update that took place before Mango was a disaster, because ALL of the carriers were still testing the update.

But the annoying thing is that carriers have the right to block any update. And the problem is that they usually have no reason to actually enable them; except for customer satisfaction. All they want you to do is buy new phones. When Windows Phone 8 is released at the end of the year, it will be supported on the Lumia 800, but carriers won't want you to get it. They'd rather you bought a new phone with the update installed on it. However, they've been quite lenient in the past, so I'm sure they'll allow this update, too... eventually. Plus, it should stop people from asking them to have their Lumia phones replaced because of the poor battery, so there's no reason for them to block this update.

However, once they start rolling it out here, I'm sure we'll all have it by the end of that week. They release updates slowly, to prevent everyone from updating at the same time and slowing down the servers where we get the updates from.

Please use plain text.
Professor

yeah im on my 4th now.....

terrible night time power saver mode on battery life

lost 48% last night!!!!!!!!!!

took less than an hour to get back to 100% though, adn then lost just over 20% during the day actually using it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tovile

Try keeping your phone in "airplane mode" over night.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xnizalx

This thread is not Solved!

The current firmware on your Lumia 710&800 doesn't allow for internet tethering and also not possible via USB connection. Maybe in a future software update yes. By waiting maybe in a future, I just sold already my Lumia 710&800. For me Phone Modem is one of most important phone features. I really regrets and headache bought this Lumia 710&800. Now, I just switch back using my Samsung Galaxy Y to use wifi tethering and USB internet PC connection to make me keep online on PC big screen. Imagine Samsung Galaxy Y only RM4xx much more valuable than Nokia Lumia 710 with RM9XX

Better next time Nokia should alert this issues to keep away users from selling back thier Lumia.

http://www.mudah.my/li?fs=1&ca=8_s&th=1&q=nokia+lumia+800&cg=3020&w=3  Lumia 800

http://www.mudah.my/li?fs=1&ca=8_s&th=1&q=nokia+lumia+710&cg=0&w=3 Lumia 710

Make it useful device before sell to ppl out there. Update also must As Soon As Possible.

Nokia should be careful all this thing and never make mistake again or Samsung will take over on the top of all.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dogfish54

The issue is solved, the update just hasn't reached everyone yet. I would imagine that a Nokia care point can flash the phone. Otherwise, the update will come in time.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

[ Edited ]

Did Nokia give Kudos to the above reply??!!

This phone is still in Beta and shouldn't have been brought to market for general release!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMNdi

How do I know if my phone is branded? I bought it from a shop, has no physical branding, and is not tied to any carriers. Price was retail. It does have a logo when powered up, first image is from TIM (Italy), but other than that there is no indication from the software that it has any branding.

Other updates were quite fast, this one is taking a while. Also, how are updates rolled by country? Do you check geo-IP from request, is it carrier based? IS it branding based? When do I get the upgrade, Italy (TIM), Romania (location) or last (worldwide)?

Please use plain text.
itsoft3g

[ Edited ]

hi,

I updated my lumia to 12070. Even after this update my battery only shows Estimated time max 1 day when 100% charged. My battery never shows more then 1 day has estimated time. I am not using 3G or Mobile data. My friend recently bought same phone showing more then 2 days has remaining battery life.

Please help me to fix this issue. I already done 1 soft reset and 1 hard reset for my phone still nothing helps out.

My phone battery long last for 24hrs with minimal usage.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
NameNotFound

[ Edited ]

@JoshT

I am sorry, but I cannot agree with you.

I have unbranded, unlocked Lumia 800 that is not depending of carriers (well, I just cannot imagine such a dependence). But the update just start rolling out, that's all. So at least for me the reason lies somewhere in Nokia, not in carriers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

tovile wrote:
Try keeping your phone in "airplane mode" over night.

.. then watch it crash when you take it out of "airplane mode" the next morning :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dreamstrue

@itsoft3g

try the fallowing. I am using the fallowing setting and i am getiing 3 days 1 hour battery after100% charge. 

• How can I prolong my battery life on my Nokia with Windows Phone?

To increase your phone's battery life:

• Turn on Battery Saver. Select Settings > battery saver. Note when Battery Saver is on, your phone will no longer: automatically receive email and calendar updates, update some Live Tiles and allow apps to run in the background.
  • Stop your phone scanning for available Wi-Fi networks if those are not available. Select Settings > WiFi Off.
  • Switch Bluetooth on only when you need it. Select Settings > Bluetooth.
  • Use network connections selectively. For example, if the signal strength of the mobile network varies much in your area, your phone must scan for the available network repeatedly. This increases the demand on battery power. If the 3G connection is on in the mobile network settings, your phone searches for the 3G network. To switch off the 3G connection, select Settings mobile network, and deactivate the 3G connection.
  • Reduce the frequency of email synchronization. Select Settings > email+accounts YourEmail Download new content.
  • Use a dark theme. Select Settings > theme > Background > dark. Select also dark theme in applications that offer an option.
  • Reduce the screen brightness. Select Settings brightness > Level. Disable the automatic feature first. The brightness level also affects the Automatically adjust functionality.
  • Use a Wi-Fi connection to connect to the internet, rather than a mobile data (GPRS or 3G) connection.
  • Switch off location services if not needed – so the phone will not look up your location frequently in the background. SelectSettings > location > Off.
  • Disable unneeded background applications. Select Settings (swipe left to applications tab) > background tasks
  • Use wired headphones, rather than the loudspeaker.
  • Switch off unwanted sounds and functions, for example Vibrate. Select Settings > ringtones+sounds.
  • Switch off “connect with Xbox LIVE” when not needed. Select Xbox LIVE Settings Connect with Xbox LIVE.
  • Switch off your phone or switch flight mode on whenever phone is not needed, for example, while you are sleeping. Note that the alarm clock is not active if the phone is off!
  • Ensure your phone's battery is fully charged. Check Settings > battery saver battery information. Note that older chargers may not fully charge the battery.

Note: it is recommended to use the original charger found in the sales package to charge the battery of your phone.
Note: make sure that your phone is running the latest software to get battery related improvements.

If the battery loses the power fast even though there are no features consuming the power, switch phone off and back on. The battery may be also wearing out and needs to be replaced with a new one. 

Please use plain text.
itsoft3g

@dreamstrue

I tried all this things. Still my phone shows not more then 1 day when it fully charged. Also battery last long less then 1 day only.

May be my i need to replace my battery?

Will Nokia replace my battery?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dreamstrue

Then if its under warranty talk to nokia care and let them know that you are facing the problem after latest update also.

But if you have not installed the update 12070 offucially then your warranty will be void. if you have done it unofficially then i advice you to wait untill official update release.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Xandasmozas

Hi

I have an issue with this update very unconfortable with my lumia 800. When I plug it on my desktop speakers to play music and I want to go to the next song it makes an odd sound like a desconexion/conexion of the jack. 
Then if I stop the music I hear like a pulse of sound.

Has somebody the same problem? 

Please use plain text.