Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

martin_miller

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

I'm also on Three with a Cyan 800 and really can't wait much longer for this update.  I am feed up with not being able to end calls.......

Come on Nokia / Three get it sorted.   This is seriously embarrassing having a new product like this failing on really basic features like being able to end a call or having the ability to last until lunch time.

Brilliant phone, so much potential but awful implementation.   Please sort it NOW!!!

Martin

Please use plain text.
Advisor
FinSteve

Would love to see the update being rolled out in Finland soon. I mean after all the company (at least still what comes the HQ) is Finnish. I know I guess it's partly down to Microsoft but still... Prettty please.

Please use plain text.
Joemdee

Update !! done a reset on phone and then got the 12070 update installed on my lumia ..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
piran

[ Edited ]

UK. No update:-|

Purchased outright.

THREE/monthly AllYouCanEat

Check every day. Nothing over-the-air.

Nothing in Zune.

Please use plain text.
sunGOD

Yvonne the next thing desperately required is
1. Something called USSD codes, i think its called that. by which we can get interactive service menus by dialing eg *111# (depending on your service provider). This is a major goof up. please stress this as very important with the upper management guys.
2.OVi Suite compatibiliy or Windows 7 compatibilty. how come i cannot connect a windows phone to a windows 7 PC ? isn't that strange. how can you guys call this a windows phone if its not compatiable with windows 7. All nokia phones connect to windows 7 via bluetooth or via cable except lumia 800. this itself is a even bigger goof up. Atleast try making OVi suite compatible with Lumia 800.
3. Apps avialable with popular mobile service for TV are incompatible with Lumia 800. Whats so alien about Lumia 800 software that most apps manufacturers dont have a compatible app for it ? You guys need to market the Lumia more agreesssivley with apps builders to have one version of the popular apps for the windows phone.
Please use plain text.
Pobtoon

Also on Three and still no update. Why is this thread showing as solved when clearly many users are still waiting for this recent update. Nokia are really trying my patience having been a long time user of there phones. And while im having a rant im becoming more and more disappointed with Nokia's decision to use Windows Mobile/Phone whatever,poor apps, the marketplace churns out **bleep** on a daily basis, who o.k's these apps. Still some catching up to do clearly if they dont give up on it completely when they realize how poo it is.

Rant Over
Please use plain text.
Sage
kevgallacher

[ Edited ]

sunGOD wrote:
Yvonne the next thing desperately required is
1. Something called USSD codes, i think its called that. by which we can get interactive service menus by dialing eg *111# (depending on your service provider). This is a major goof up. please stress this as very important with the upper management guys.
2.OVi Suite compatibiliy or Windows 7 compatibilty. how come i cannot connect a windows phone to a windows 7 PC ? isn't that strange. how can you guys call this a windows phone if its not compatiable with windows 7. All nokia phones connect to windows 7 via bluetooth or via cable except lumia 800. this itself is a even bigger goof up. Atleast try making OVi suite compatible with Lumia 800.
3. Apps avialable with popular mobile service for TV are incompatible with Lumia 800. Whats so alien about Lumia 800 software that most apps manufacturers dont have a compatible app for it ? You guys need to market the Lumia more agreesssivley with apps builders to have one version of the popular apps for the windows phone.

1. Windows Phone can use these codes, the Lumia 800 has a diagnostics menu. This is an old feature which isn't nessecary anymore. You can just get an app instead.  In regards to getting menus from carriers, this could easily be sorted by the carrier creating an app.

2. This is not a Symbian phone so Ovi Suite will not work, you need to use Zune. Yes the phone works with Windows 7 and Windows 8 beta so there is no compatibility issue.

I can connect my phone to bluetooth on Windows 7. It connects to Zune on Windows 7 using USB or Wi-fi. Ovi suite will never become compatible as it is for a different phone, you may aswell ask that iTunes become compatible,

3.Not sure what you mean? Essentially all apps on marketplace are compatible with Lumia 800.  The only apps that aren't compatible are manufacturer specific apps like HTC or whatever. If you are meaning apps that are available on other OS's like iOS or Android then this is upto the developers, this is to do with Microsofts OS and nothing to do with Nokia Lumia. It is upto developers if they make the app avaiable or not, Netlfix is available and BBC iplayer is coming soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sidmmxi

India gets it first because the updates do not have to come through a carrier.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NameNotFound

You're wrong because there is no update in Russia where most phones are unbranded and unlocked. If you were right, Russia would be among the countries that have receive the update in the first place, not the last one. For example, my own Lumia that doesn't belong to carrier in any way still doesn't receive the update.
Please use plain text.
influencer

Hi Yvonne,

what do you mean by the carrier decides about the rollout? Is this the carrier I happen to use a sim card from? Or does it mean the carrier the phone is bought from, if any? My phone is not branded, it's a developer phone given to me by microsoft. Can I expect different reaction with different sim cards?

Thomas

Please use plain text.
Lesta_G

You can expect different Sims to give different reactions in the marketplace. So perhaps a different sim may work?
Please use plain text.
benlawrence

I have a CYAN lumia 800 on THREE UK monthly contract. I still haven't recieved the update yet, still haven't recieved update 11500!! To top it off, the new DLNA PLAY TO app from nokia doesn't even work because I'm on an old firmware, apparently though the app says that I can update to a new version through zune. .  .I really wish I could Nokia!

Nokia, I think you need to be more assertive towards the networks, require them to provide timely updates, as a condition of selling the phone.

I have this phone for 24 months, they will be 24 loooonnngg months if I never get updates from THREE, or they take months and months.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
keurulan

[ Edited ]

Finland Sonera: still no update.

These are the static services that I have on:

-wifi

-gmail + exchange (30min fetch)

-facebook (though I suspect this is ON only when you use it)

-WhatsApp

When using 2G I get easily two days with moderate usage, that is several hours of calls and some web usage, email reading exetera.

When using 3G I get barely one day, so it cruelly cuts lifetime in no less than half!

Question: when you get the new 12070 update, do you get the mentioned three days of usage WITH OR WITHOUT 3G?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
KiwiVda

Italy on Vodafone, still no update reached.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jakeway

Dear Nokia.... THANK YOU.

I've kept an eye on my battery Thursday and Friday. I found on both days I had around 75% Battery at 2PM and around 50% Battery at 7PM. That is 5% battery drained an hour, which includes me doing a few emails, the odd text her and there, looking at news apps now and again Etc.

Before this update I would typically be on 35-40% battery as I boarded the train from work at 6pm.

For a last test I left it overnight to see what the result idle drain I’d have other night. I left wifi on accidently and found 70% battery with 10 hours since lasted charged the next morning. That is 3% drain an hour!

Yes, I am happy now and that niggling thought of being stranded with no battery is going away. Still shame about the ringtone bug though but I can deal with that for a while.

Please use plain text.
Chriso89

The update didnt fix my battery! Still have only 1 day and10 hours stansby
Please use plain text.
Advisor
twrist

Only 1 day 10 hours? That sounds pretty good to me. Some days I only get between 10 and 12 hours and I have to charge the phone when I get home from work if I'm intending to go out in the evening.

Worse still, Orange UK have no plans to roll this update out, according to their Twitter feed, so this is what I'm stuck with until I can upgrade in... May 2013! Awesome.

So yeah, I think you've got it pretty good, Chriso89 :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AndrewUK

I'm with Orange UK and downloaded the update from Zune a few days ago. My battery isn't showing any more than 11 hours remaining after a full charge BUT I got 1 day and 2 hours yesterday after the third charge cycle,which is far far better than the 16 hours I was managing before!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
twrist

That's wonderful news, AndrewUK - very pleased to hear it. Orange assured me that they had no details about the rollout, and Windows Phone Connector for Mac is showing no update so I assumed the worst. Hopefully I will be proven wrong!
Please use plain text.
cexlo

Italy, black, no brand, Vodafone. Still No update.
Very disappointed!
Please use plain text.