Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

Counsellor
kinaton

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

[ Edited ]

Solution is to return the phone to the company/provider that supplied and get a different brand. 

There specs are completely wrong... in theory, if you charge phone and do not install a sim, and leave on standby, you should get 330 hours :smileyhappy: Which would never happen.. I stil think this was supposed to read 33.0hours!

MODERATORS NOTE: Unfounded/hearsay comment removed

Please use plain text.
LeoDM

ahahah, you're right Kinaton.

I will return the company and change the Lumia by HTC Titan.

Remembering that this already my second Lumia.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

[ Edited ]

I still see too may complaints with this update. Perhaps Nokia/carriers think so too? Might they just skip this update for the rest of us, improve it and combine it with the release of the Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (aka. Tango) and/or with the long awaited update for Internet connection sharing?

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Wait another firmware update to solve most Lumia 800 issue.  Perhaps Lumia 900 may come out and have a more happy WP experience.  

angler
Please use plain text.
reddevildisco

I've just been speaking to Orange UK's Customer Services and they said much the same as THREE, "No firmware update has been made available" to them. In fact they suggested taking the issue up with Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AndrewUK

Repeating myself here reddevil,but I'm on Orange UK and I have the 12070 update. I simply logged onto Zune as normal. Have you actually tried or just presumed? I've had it a week now.
Please use plain text.
ipbright

I too am on Orange in the UK and have yet to receive the update via Zune. I have spoken to Orange and the first time around the operative I conversed with didn't have a clue what I was talking about. After giving negative feedback about their customer service via sms I got a call back today by a technical operative who is looking into the matter. Appears to be a lack of communication between Nokia/Microsoft and the mobile networks.... or at least with Orange(UK).

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

Update is awesome. Of course should have been like this day one.  Battery, brightness and Audio (thank Baal! at last!) are all vastly improved.....no PLEASE FIX THE DUMB CAMERA!!!!!

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
piran

...mmmm. Looks like either someone's been scurrying around behind

the scenes or a THREE manager speaks with forked tongue - uttering

reproductive baubles. Update indicated on the phone. Ditto Zune.

Procedure completed OK. Firmware now showing ~12070 for:

United Kingdom THREE

Lumia800 purchased outright

monthly AllYouCanEat data voucher

Will update the forum should anything 'arise'.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
piran

[ Edited ]

Well... I've had a 2hr play, so here are some early findings.

Hardware buttons stay lit when say using HighBrightness in Auto. Cheers.

Reboot after FlightModeOnOff: Fixed it to my belief... I couldn't make it fail here.

The rank earbuds supplied play more bass ...still immediately fall out my ears.

Track change noise burst: The awful click/static burst when one's own music

tracks increment (when played through wired speakers or wired headphones)

has NOT BEEN FIXED:-| Damn. Only workaround is STILL Bluetooth connectivity.

Bass: My current hifi headphones running through a Bluetooth connection across

the cottage still sound fine on TuneIn's electronic trance PowermixFM broadcasts...

which is just what I need to keep me going editing and preping pictures through

into the small hours of the morning.

Observation: I think they've tweaked the signal strength algorithm. Atmospherics

here in the UK are pretty static at the moment. I swear the blobs/bars are 'showing'

higher than they ever have been - before this f/w update. Obviously this is not some

magical increased sensitivity but if the kit 'appears' to be receiving a higher signal

strength its transmission power use is automatically reduced leading to what

looks to be a probably quite reasonable reduction in mAh draw. Always assuming

the resident error correction can cope of course;-)

CallClear issue. I don't get or make that many calls and I haven't noticed anything

amiss in the clearing down of calls here, so I cannot comment either way.

Am trouncing the mWatts at the moment to drain the battery. Hopefully the diagnostic

battery package makes more sense nowadays when its been through a few charge

discharge cycles under this f/w. Trouncing being around about a 740mA draw (~50%).

The diagnostic battery graphic isn't very accurate... it runs out of blobs attempting

to indicate residual capacity below 15%. Nevertheless there was a healthy kick a

little after 10%... when the energy management kicked in after the critical power

announcement had been acknowledged. I think that's when the power supply

is given permission to reduce its operating voltage level stabilisation. Also the

Bluetooth and email lookups ceased. Eventually it all faded to GameOverMan -

goodbye. There was no problem picking up the recharging, it shivered and the

large icon of the redline battery is now showing. I have a 500mA USB cable fitted

at the moment (so I can run the TuneIn radio streamer long term on mains without

an overall deterioration of battery charge).

Just heard my wired speaker (a Tivoli DAB+ box) burst into life so the Lumia800

must've charged up enough to boot up - say 5mins? Yes, it's booted up OK.

Breakthrough/PSU interference: still crackling and clicking gently on the Tivoli,

good thing most of the stuff I play or expect to play is continuously up and loud. 

Shouldn't happen though and I can see why people complain about it.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Guys,

Please see the following link:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-lumia-800-software-update

To check the availability please refer to the following link:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-lumia-800-software-update/nokia-lumia-800-software-updat...

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
teekert

When are you fixing the horrible camera (discoloring, bad white balance etc) and the fact that wp7 is the only platform without tethering?

And what about adding Google+ to People hub?

I also don't care about any patches until these fundamental things are fixed.

(actually, the camrea image looks nice until you take a shot! So just change those bad, bad, bad, raw to jpeg compression settings!)

Please use plain text.
teekert

Actually, 330 could be ok without any radio going on. I once left my HTC legend for 4 days in plane mode without touching it, lost only 4% of the battery!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
piran

[ Edited ]

Raoul_Duke wrote:
To check the availability please refer to the following link:
http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-lumia-800-software-update/nokia-lumia-800-software-updat...

Currently showing:

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.e45edd58.1333011667.11c089

Please fix your server Nokia;-)

PostEdit: now fixed, thank you Nokia.

Please use plain text.
DonHamdan

Hi

This link http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-lumia-800-software-update/nokia-lumia-800-software-updat... says that the phone with product code 059M539 has the update available, however I didnt receive the update yet. Please advise.

Regards,

Mohammad Hamdan

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RunSub

I'm in the same situation as DonHamdan. Model 059M539 (update available) but nothing available when checking via Zune update.

Given how important this update (and all future) updates is, I find it extremely annoying that you can't just download the firmware & apply (aka apple) once it is available.

How does the update authorisation work? does it require the network permission, (o2 in my case) to let us have that update? If put a voda phone sim in would that allow it?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

[ Edited ]

@teekert

Mango does support tethering. Check Google or Bing you'll find the info stating that fact.

Nokia need to enable it on the Lumia, which is imminent.

Google+ on the people hub, really? Google are working on an app for WP7.

That's lucky that you don't care about patches but I do.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

@RunSub

Is your phone network locked? bought direct from o2? If so they the operator currently provisioning according to the graphic so you won't see it yet.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
FinSteve

[ Edited ]

Yeah, a little more info would be appreciated. If the status page lists the operator as 'country variant' what does that actually mean in terms of the update rollout?

My phone is a contract based but it's not sim locked or operator branded. And the page lists the product number as "Country variant". Finland has 4 "country variant" product numbers and 2 of them have the update available and two don't ("Waiting for approval"). Waiting approval from who?  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

I have to agree with you RunSub - I'm sure people are working behind the scenes but an Apple style update (where once it's available you can have it as fast as you can download  it) would really be preferable for future if possible! I appreciate though that this may be harder with Windows devices since Nokia don't control the whole ecosystem like Apple do with iOS.

Please use plain text.