Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

Counsellor
forbiddenshani

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

I'm not sure about the Lumia but i remember i used to have this N78 which i bought in the UAE and subsequently brought it back to Malaysia thinking it'd be the same only to find that NOKIA has this "jurisdiction limitation" thingy going on with them.

Meaning to say, if you have a Lumia with Taiwan product code, you can only have the Lumia updated with any and all future updates NOKIA releases while the phone is within Taiwan territories.

This was informed to me via the internation Nokia support site. Due to this, i was stuck with a 4 year old N78 software -.-
Please use plain text.
Cydyke

Thank you for the answer. I hope so they changed this system on Lumias, because i'm sure i'll never go to Taiwan... Is there any other technique to update firmware? I tried with Windows Phone Update Tool, but i had error with the following text: "blablabla errorcodes blabla Name conflict, you can't update, because two or more files have the same name..." or else..:/
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

First question, why is it that you're updating it via "Windows Phone Update Tool" and not via "Zune"?

Have you tried it via "Zune"? If you haven't, do try and tell us your results if you're still getting the same error, it means Nokia is still imposing the "jurisdiction limitation" issue probably due to some international law convention or something. Not sure.

There is a way that forums suggested how to actually by pass this "jurisdiction limitation" thing. One of the ways is to change the product code (ie hacking) but this is back on the days where Nokia is still running on Symbian.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hunghein

hi people, i need help with my lumia 800. my battery life still isnt good after doing a lot of things by updating to the latest 12070. here is a sequence of things ive done. 1. did a force update on the available tip found online to no improvement. 2. sent my phone to nokia care to change the battery. i requested for this and they said they did. no improvement but i think the full charge cap went up to the declared Capacity. 3. did a rollback by restoring to the previous version saved in zune. 4. allowed my phobe to update to 12070 rigt after. 5. did a hard reset on my phone and i dont see any improvement yet. according to the discharge rate it still hits up to 200-300 mA but goes down to <100 Ma at times. its an awesome phone since i got it last december but the battery power isnt. hope to hear from anyone who may be able to help.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

If you don't mind me asking, how long did your battery lasted before it went into energy saving mode?
Please use plain text.
Cydyke

First of all i tried Zune, the Update tool was the second chance. Zune don't want to update, it thinks the phone has the good update and not be able to get this 12070 firmware.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

if that is the case then i am quite positive that you're one of the victims of the "jurisdiction limitation" imposition by Nokia.
Please use plain text.
rajkrssna

hello ,

I have bought nokia lumia 800 and it comes with the latest software and the battery of the phone sucks, the battery is getting discharged so quickly .Please help me to sort it out the issue..

regards,
Krishnaraj
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

forbiddenshani wrote:
if that is the case then i am quite positive that you're one of the victims of the "jurisdiction limitation" imposition by Nokia.

There is no such limitation and never has been one. When released for a certain product code, the update will be available for the product code regardless of where the handset is in the world.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

[ Edited ]

@93tid
- strange, then the international Nokia staff must have been lying to me and you're speaking the truth.

my N78 which has been displaying consistent symptoms of not being able to update its firmware over the past 4 years of my ownership must be an inception.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Product codes are linked to your country & carrier. Nokia release the generic firmware for non-carrier specific phones. If you purchased your phone from a carrier it may have their product code in which case until the carrier gives Nokia the go ahead to release the firmware for that product code it will not be available to you.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

In my case, the N78 that i bought was a non-carrier specific phone (ie. from an official Nokia Store) and when connected to OVI Suite (back then) it shows there is an update for my N78 however when i try to perform the updates, an error popped up to which i forwarded it to Nokia and was conveyed about the "jurisdiction limitation".

http://discussions.nokia.com.my/t5/Software-Updates/Software-update-outside-the-country-of-purchase-...

I randomly did a search and here is a case similar to what CyDyKe experiencing now and what i experienced previously HOWEVER the Nokia Moderator micheals confirmed that this is not possible and the Nokia staff has misinformed.

I can understand if the staffs in the same centre tells the same wrong thing to the customer but 2 different staffs from 2 different countries telling the same wrong thing to 2 different customers of the same problem, i find it hard to accept it as a coincidence UNLESS Nokia releases a press release stating so OR providing at least an evidence to support.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

forbiddenshani wrote:

@93tid
- strange, then the international Nokia staff must have been lying to me and you're speaking the truth.

Exactly right. Over the last 12+ years in handling Nokia handsets I have done several hundred firmware upgrades of many different models in over a dozen countries and the location in which the procedure was done had no relevance whatsoever to the product code. IF the firmware was available for that code, the upgrade was possible, full stop.

The matter of warranty validity is, however, completely different and regional/country restrictions in that respect are fully valid.

Please use plain text.
charger265

If you live in Australia don't touch Nokia Lumia 800 as it is the Wrost Mobile as the Navigator will not do like what you need like it never can take me home it takes me through a house then a Fence to my back yard

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

I checked my product code on the Nokia update website for the Lumia 800 and it said that the update was available, however I've been trying to update for weeks (Via Zune and the Mac alternative) and each time it says no update is available! When I check my phone it says the current version is 1600.2475.7720.11414. I have also tried resetting my phone. I contacted Nokia about this a few times and each time they were hopeles, merely listing the potential factors that could effect an update despite the fact each time I e-mailed I provided each of these (Product code, network and region). Surely they could check with the info I provided and tell me if I should be able to update, and if I can't help me diagnose the problem? Instead they appear unconcerned and send me irrelevant stock replies! Is anyone else experiencing this problem? UK, Product Code: 059M539 (Sim free phone, no carrier). To me it's just another basic problem with this phone. Granted I should have done my research before I bought it but I expect I'll buy the next iPhone and not look back. When people ask about my phone I tell them not to buy one. Increasingly disappointed with the phone and Nokias 'Care'.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n252

I am having the same problem as you, andm, same product code (059M539), also 2 updates behind, I am also on 11414, so we haven't even received January's 11500 update let alone this new 12070 one. I have sent several emails and they all reply with the same 'please be patient and wait for the update to be rolled out'. It is obvious something is wrong with the phones with this product code, I don't think we will receive any of the future updates either. I am thinking of trying a hard reset to see if that fixes it, but not keen on doing that for nothing.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

n252 thanks for replying. At least I know I'm not alone! I reset my phone a couple of times and didn't have any luck. Just ended up having to transfer everything again. I'm not sure whats more annoying, the lack of updates necessary to make this phone work as intended or the lack of response on the issue from Nokia. Either way I think it demonstrates they have no interest in long term customers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n252

Thanks, I might not bother resetting then! I am so frustrated with the response they have given, I think they just see the words 'software update' and send out the standard reply.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Varanus261

Hi Guys I'm in the same boat. I bought a carrier free unit in the UK thinking I would get updates etc first,... but here I am still waiting for this update. I love my Lumia, but this is shocking. my battery is getting worse while my mates are all boasting how improved it is now. poor show Nokia.

Please use plain text.
ms1012

Same problem here, Cyan Lumia 800, product code 059M539.  Purchased from UK store, Phones4U.  This is an unbranded, non-network locked plain Nokia UK phone.  Running it with an Orange Sim.

I received 1 update a few months ago, since then nothing.  Zune says my OS version is up to date (7.10.8107.79), but my firmware is old (1600.2479.7740.11451).   I use this phone as my main mp3 player, and the sound is dreadful.  Could really use the extra battery life too.

This is either a bug in Zune (checking only OS version, not firmware version) or an error on Nokia's distribution / handling of the updating mechanism.  Either way, I'm very disappointed.

Please use plain text.