Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487....

ms1012

Re: New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070)

I've checked with Phones4U where I purchased the phone, and they just say to contact Nokia.  So back to Nokia, my Cyan Lumia with product code 059M539 does not show any updates available.  What's going on? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andm

I got mine from Phones4U also. Also unbranded, cyan. Tried updating manually today for first time in ages still no luck. I guess either product code 059M539 hasn't got the update like Nokia says it has, they've screwed up somewhere or it is a ridiculously long/drawn out update process.

Either way this is a deal breaker for me and I won't be returning to buy other Nokia products in a hurry or recommending this to anyone else. Their 'support' is absolutely appalling.

Fact is this phone shouldn't have had the issue it has on release but even then they can't seem to provide the fixes properly either. It's months down the line now and I think I'll be looking for an early upgrade elsewhere!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RunSub

add me to the list of phones4u cyan that can't get an udpate..
Please use plain text.
chew

Is this update available in Malaysia now?

Is Internet Sharing available in Lumia 800 after this update?

Please use plain text.
MrLysol

Well my phone has been updated to 1600.2487.8107.12070 and the problem still persists so don't hold your breath for a magic cure if you're still waiting !!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
MrLysol

Just a quick update for you all ........ I was advised by O2 staff  to remove my screen protector to see if that had any affect and 'BINGO' , phone is working normally again !! Good luck ;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sontianurag

Dear Chew, you appear to be everywhere on the suppourt forums. This update is released all over the world now. And for your kind information, this update does not have internet sharing. There is another update coming in the month of June this year. Thats Tango update also called as Mango Refresh. You will get Internet sharing update in that.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BarryP

Im in Ireland on Update 8107 and my battery is brutal.? have to charge twice a day.

Please use plain text.
charger265

Lumia 800 doesn't work for Australian Navigation so never use it to go any where as it only takes you where it Thinks the place is close to
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vascowalla

My phone did not show the update as well.However,the moment i connected my phone 9Lumia 800) to Zune it updated automatically.
Please use plain text.
cdayo

How is this thread "Solved" - absolutely nothing has been solved. I have a cyan lumia 800 and I'm on CV UK SW variant ID222 V.02. I'm on latest OS version 8107.79, but am stuck on the 11451 firmware version. WHAT IS GOING ON, WHY ARE THERE NO OFFICIAL REPLIES TO THIS PROBLEM.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

cdayo wrote:

How is this thread "Solved" - absolutely nothing has been solved. I have a cyan lumia 800 and I'm on CV UK SW variant ID222 V.02. I'm on latest OS version 8107.79, but am stuck on the 11451 firmware version.

Take it to a Nokia Care Point and they will update it for you.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tony_Park

Have you tried manually updating? Its not difficult to do, and whilst I agree that you shouldn't have to do it this way, it may be less hassle to do it, than leave it as it is.

I've manually updated my phone twice, and its very easy, and fairly quick
Please use plain text.
cdayo

Yeah I can probably update it manually easily, but I still strongly believe that I need a response from Nokia - at least an admission that they stuffed up somewhere and that they can't do anything but for me to go into a Nokia Care Point. It is disappointing, especially because I'm clearly not alone here... so it isn't a device specific fault.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

cdayo wrote:
It is disappointing, especially because I'm clearly not alone here... so it isn't a device specific fault.

It is, sort of - cyan Lumia 800 UK product codes seem to suffer from it in general. And taking it to a NCP for updating is exactly what was recommended here by Nokia, I just can't find the exact message/thread right now.

Please use plain text.
cdayo

[ Edited ]

poor choice of words by me. apologies. i meant that it's not a "unique to just MY device" problem - but yeah the fact that its affecting a whole bunch of cyan lumia 800's from UK, is quite a big deal. I can bet my life however, that when I go to NCP, they will say that my device is uniquely faulty and the store representative will MOST DEFINITELY be unaware that it is a manufacturer error affecting all/most UK cyan lumia 800's.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RunSub

[ Edited ]

I've completely agree to with cdayo, and raisied in the past how was this thread was maked solved, when I can't get the available updates. (Post removed by mods).
Something is wrong with mine and other UK cyan unlocked models.
I shouldn't have to visit a care point, it's not like my nearest is even local, it should just work. Why no message from Nokia?

Please use plain text.
cdayo

The following is a recount of my experience with Cyan UK unlocked Lumia 800:

I live in Sydney, Australia. I took the phone to nokia care in Parramatta on Monday and they said they couldn't do anything to update my phone because it was an overseas model (in fact, the first person was trying to tell me that it must be a FAKE product because the IMEI wouldn't register on their service, and I was like "how on earth can someone FAKE something of SUCH GOOD QUALITY lololol"... if I hadn't kept fighting, he wouldn't have done anything and stuck by the "this must be a fake product"... eventually he went back and asked someone else about it). When he came back, he goes, "ok yeah, I just need to put an approval through to Nokia HQ telling them that this is an overseas model so that they can approve it for us to update it... come back tomorrow and we should be able to do it then" - I believe this is a load of bull, because when I went back on Wednesday and told them approval was asked for on monday blah blah, he (a different rep) didn't even check or care, he immediately took it out back and told me they would try an update it but no guarantees since it is a "UK version", and I was like "but the update has been released for UK versions... and every other version... and I APPLIED FOR APPROVAL specifically for this reason.... what a joke... Then he's like "we only have Australian version software here...". He was trying to tell me that UK works on different "bands" and that they are not the same as Australian bands - which is hilarious, because I know exactly what bands my phone works on and it is perfectly capable of Australian bands, despite the fact that this HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A FIRMWARE UPDATE LOL. Anyway, turns out they were able to update it (didn't check the approval or anything sigh, they could've just done it on MONDAY! grrR) - and i believe they flashed an Australian version of the firmware on there, and I am now running 12070, let us hope that I won't have to go through all of this to get the next update. What did I say guys - I told you the sales reps would be TOTALLY UNAWARE about this. Luckily there was a knowledgeable technician at the back who seemed to know what was going on.

On the positive side - the update seems to work PERFECTLY. It even changed the carrier label from "Yes Optus" to "TPG" and also shows H when its downloading data instead of just 3G or 3G+. But I reeeeally shouldn't have had go through that much trouble to get a simple firmware update which took them about 5 minutes sigh.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mmouri

when the update is available in Germnay?? and what about the Camera app??
Please use plain text.
humpack

Any way to delete call history for individual calls and not entire call history?
Please use plain text.