Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New update for Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 launche...

Advisor
haseebzahid

Re: New update for Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 launched

Any one who got update verify is static ip setting enabled on lumia800 .:crying:

and Dam its taking extremely long to update to roll out :angry:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kaweeshaw

i got the same problem :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kaum

Hi jacobsladder,

thanks! This is the first I do see how it works. The process description of MS and Nokia is less clear.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lumia_Henk

[ Edited ]

Hello Nokia,

I'm lost about the way you communicate the roll-out status of this update.  :confused:

My Dutch Vodafone branded Lumia 800 (059L703) is still reported to be waiting for approval. Thus waiting for Vodafone NL? But on the Nokia Care Suite server the new software was already present for about a week. Thus approved?!? Last night I connected my phone with Zune and got the update announced. While it should not be!?!

Anyway. It took almost three long weeks from the first roll-out reports to the real update. That's really frustrating! :angry:

Finally I've now received the long waited for tethering update. And finally I've now a Windows Phone which is more or less comparable with other major smartphones on the functional level. :thumbup:

My remarks and conclusions, partly just confirming those of others:

- Roll-out process should be redesigned ASAP with an eye on customer expectations

- Complete (I mean global) roll-out could/should take place within 24 hours

- Status information and other communication should reflect the real state

Thanks Nokia,

but I'm afraid you should have had an ear for customers much earlier.  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
haseebzahid

[ Edited ]

why we no get updated lazy updates its 3 months since release of TANGO. :cursing: still we have to wait for 2 more months its the time for new phone to be built from start to end :wacko: 

NOKIA please DumP the operators from update list just roll out they are bigger troubles

Please use plain text.
Advisor
haseebzahid

you MEAN MS has no life its there habit to screw up the customers
Please use plain text.
SergiuBN

I have the same question !!! Same code , same country , no answer :smileyhappy:

bodisan wrote:

Hello All,

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 with the product code "059P1Z4" that is not listed among the codes available in Romania. In the "About" menu on the phone it says Carrier: Romania CV. Will I get the update or not?

Kind Regards,

Bogdan B.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Freddies_Cat

I have a Lumia 710 bought in the UK as an unlocked phone. According to the software update page the operator is "Nokia" and yet it's still "Waiting for Approval". Nearly all the operators in the UK have approval though.

??

I like my Lumia - so much so that what was meant to be a secondary handset replaced an Android phone as my primary handset. However, this whole upgrade mess (coupled with the fact that the phone will have a remarkably short upgrade cycle anyway as Windows Phone 8 is not available to early adopters), leaves one feeling somewhat cheated. Nokia should be working hard to woo people to their smartphone platform - not upset them.

If this is Nokia's approach to their (full price paying) customers, I can't see me rushing to buy another Nokia Windows phone.

Please use plain text.
k10thakkar

I have updated My lumia 710 to 8773 firmware.. I am able ot use features like Filp to Silence, Internet Sharing, Add videos or voice tags to messages, camera quality has improved.. BUT new home screen with resizable tiles and gutter space removed are not there. Is it that I have not completed the update or its just not available as of yet or I have missed out a trick or something..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
oneFinn

Live tiles with resize and home screen gutter are coming with 7.8 version of OS. Sometimes during autumn time frame
Please use plain text.
iloveguitar

[ Edited ]

HOW LONG WE NEED TO WAIT? i am sick with this phone, i brought  the phone to make calls, but i can't make calls normaly. Why the are updates for india and malasya and not to all the countries? I paid the same price for the device and i have the same rights, so why i need to wait soo many time when in other regions the problem is solved? Dont joke with people nokia, we are not in circus. omg, i am so frustrated D:

*note; moved from old thread, changed title to reflect new thread.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
haseebzahid

i have the strange feeling NOKIA dumped the update :blink:

Please use plain text.

oneFinn wrote:
Live tiles with resize and home screen gutter are coming with 7.8 version of OS. Sometimes during autumn time frame

Update coming autumn.

So expect Nokia media machine to start heavy promotion in next one month, expect country operators to approve update early next year, expect zune update to be actually available some few weeks after you are told "update available".

If you say nothing and then one day my phone pops up stating "update available", I am happy.

If you keep posting tihs **bleep** "update is released", then after three months I still have no update - this is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jamesg23

Still waiting for the update, I appreciate the throttling of the release etc. But the update has been available for my product code 059L7CS for about 3 weeks now. It's not unreasonable to have expected it to have arrived on a unlocked CV handset by now is it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
emilia_mihaela

Did anybody who installed  the update found Data Counter ? 

I found all other new apps like Camera Extras, Creative Studio, Play To  but no Data Counter ....... :smileysad:

Life is like a sewer: what you get out of it depends on what you put into it !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lumia_Henk

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
daisysadness

Why not make character bigger in NOKIA for prebyopia's better use?

you know it's difficult for a Chinese to write English, but I want to try for my suggestion to NOKIA! Nokia is now on a rough situation because as I know she lose  sales volume to APPLE, HTC. China is the biggest market of NOKIA, and also there is a large number of  presbyopia. Presbyopia, they have the strongest purchasing power, they want to be creditable by showing their elegant cell phone.   but they can't see clearly in their NOKIA because character font is so small to them. So they give up NOKIA! Why not make NOKIA bigger? I mean the character. At the same time, NOKIA can also research and develope a software to enlarge the character in all the NOKIA series.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
maksmash

Why nokia care dont have driver to update Lumia 710. They told me that they have to send my phone to nokia headquater because they dont have drivers to update and hence forth always they send my phone to headquater.

Please use plain text.
Series80

For the epic mismanagement and cluelessness that Nokia has displayed with the handling of this update, I am amazed at the brazenness of Nokia moderators and officialdom on forums like these. I am feeling extremely angry with Nokia about this nonsense. Nokia is treating us customers like 5 year old children clamouring for candy.

After waiting 3 weeks for the update, I have reached the end of my patience. I am going to sell my Lumia 800 and I will never buy another Nokia again. Mind you, I have been a Nokia customer since the 5110. And in keeping with the forum rules I will not break off into profanity or threaten violence, but if I ever come across a Nokia employee; man will you get an earfull?!

Here are the reasons why it is only Nokia to blame for this mess:

1. Announcing the update without lending clarity on the update roll-out timelines.

2. It's ok if you need a staggered update. But your customers (like me) are not retarted. Provide the technical and logistical rationale of the staggered rollout and customers will understand.

3. It's ok to stagger the roll-out but not ok to make the process opaque. I have a serious problem with the fact that I have to connect the stupid phone to Zune everyday and click on settings > update. Why can't you give me a date? Why can't you manage this better?

4. Somebody needs to be sacked at Nokia for this collossal failure. I have been waiting for the tethering featuring from the time I bought the phone (6 months now) and it just angers me to kingdom come the way I am having to clamour for feature that's been in cheap phones like the Mozart for almost 2 years.

You guys are the new Sony Ericcson - resplendent in your new suckiness!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Series80,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

The update procedure is clearly explained in this and this post. The post announcing the update is dated 27 June which is now a little over two weeks ago.

It is indicated in the first mentioned thread the update will roll out staggered and will take about 3-4 weeks to complete. The second post mentioned also explains the process including the propagation through the Zune update servers.

There is no reason to 'check in Zune every day' as the update process will provide a notification on the phone when the update becomes available to you and at that time you can connect to Zune to install the update. At that time there is no reason to go to the 'update check' in Zune as Zune will present the update automatically as soon as the phone is connected and the availability of the update is verified. This process is clearly explained in the given links in the first mentioned post.

Internet sharing was introduced in Windows Phone 7.5 which was released in the last quarter of 2011.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.