Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No Firmware update yet? 30/01/12

Sage
newneotoo

Again, this update is coming from Nokia not Microsoft. It is being staggered. I have updated 4 Nokia Lumia 800 with this new Firmware, they haven't had the WP7 OS update 8107 that roll out is carrier dependant.

This the second week of the roll out for firmware. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

Dandino wrote:

Okay, so I rolled back and then the message came that I had an update again, I went through the process and got my OS Version to 7.10.8107.79

But....the Firmware revision number remains at 1600.2479.7740.11451

So I am now not sure what the stink in going on, when will I get my  firmware updated to 1600.2483.8106.11500 ?

foxmeister, I hear what you are saying but as I said before, if the update is coming from MS then with their lovely azure data centers, surely they would have enough bandwidth to deal with the traffic. Apple does not have the luxury of their own data centers, so I would expect them to have problems but at least when I was with apple, I was able to get my updates when I wanted to, not be phased by the supplier.

Still I am left wondering where and when I might get a firmware update, has the Nokia and/or MS forgotton about me?

What does that mean? Microsoft send the update carriers for approval, that's 8107 an OS update, they go thru there process then allow the update to be rolled out to their respective handsets. You will find that when an update is announced unlocked handsets tend to get it first because those updates come from Microsoft direct... I would say that works just fine. 
I have 2 unlocked WP7 phones my Nokia and my sons Samsung they both got the 8107 update weeks ago.
Now the firmware update is coming from Nokia for Nokia handsets. They are rolling out by IMEI a phased rollout they started about a week and a half ago, we will get the update.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

From Microsoft's website.

When can I expect updates for my phone?

To ensure quality, we release updates on a staggered schedule throughout the world. Many factors influence when you'll receive an update, including which phone model you have and which company provides your mobile service.

When a software update is available for you to download, we'll let you know. A notice will appear on your phone, telling you to connect your phone to your computer.

Bearing in mind this is for OS updates not Firmware updates

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

And for the record Dandino Azure is Microsofts cloud services.. Windows Azure. What that has to do with a WP7 update I do not know.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paddylaz

Why don't all you guys just flash the new firmware?

You'll get the new os too at the same time and its pretty easy to do........

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

Just looking on XDA and they're saying there is no way of flashing yet...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paddylaz

I did it about 4 hours ago......I also flashed an unlocked version of the firmware, meaning I now have latest firmware, latest os version, and all my annoying carrier logos and bloatware have been removed.

Shall I write a brief guide on how to do this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

YES!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paddylaz

ok give me 30 mins and check back here. Will do it on my lunch break mate x

Please use plain text.
MALmen

Will this void warranty?

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

Why? it's a rom you could restore to the back up I'm guessing.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mickfarr

Nokia said that the firmware would be delivered over a 2 week period when it was released on the 18 of January, we are now into the 3rd week and still no update.

I don't want to install the firmware myself as this will reset the phone and I'll have to reinstall all the apps and settings again. All progress will be lost in my games as well, same with text messages etc...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
g1bz

*bump*

I'm also in the same boat with a Cyan Lumia on Vodafone.

My battery capacity seems normal but my battery life is just generally rather poor (and very inconsistent) compared to the omnia 7 I had before the lumia.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

See the battery life on my Omnia 7 isn't brilliant either.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dandino

Hi newneotoo, my point about the Microsoft data centers is that if they are using it to distribute the wp7 os updates (and i know they like to dogfood) then they should be able to handle the load and not have to phase it. I have an unlocked phone, and i only got the os update the other day. In any case I still don't have the firmware update and i have to charge my phone overnight and twice during the day. To try and make things better i even had to buy a Duracell mobile battery backup for when I'm out during the day so that it doesn't die on me. Bottom line is that there is an update out there that can help and its got my name on it but someone is stopping me from enjoying it :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matthieugd

I'm in the same situation. Can Nokia help us ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mickfarr

Have anyone with a Cyan Lumia 800 received the firmware update yet?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Inverted

Yes, I've 2 unlocked Nokia Lumia 800 Cyan, 1 bought in Hong Kong and 1 bought in Norway.

The 1 bought in Hong Kong updated last week, both firmware and OS.

When it comes to the 1bought in Norway I'm doing the same as the rest of you guys:

Reading discussions all over the world trying to find out a way to get this update.

And to you Nokia.  It's all about setting expectations.  Iif you say 2 weeks, you have to walk the talk and roll out this firmware in 2 weeks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

Dandino wrote:

Hi newneotoo, my point about the Microsoft data centers is that if they are using it to distribute the wp7 os updates (and i know they like to dogfood) then they should be able to handle the load and not have to phase it. I have an unlocked phone, and i only got the os update the other day. In any case I still don't have the firmware update and i have to charge my phone overnight and twice during the day. To try and make things better i even had to buy a Duracell mobile battery backup for when I'm out during the day so that it doesn't die on me. Bottom line is that there is an update out there that can help and its got my name on it but someone is stopping me from enjoying it :smileysad:

And you have a fair point but the bottle neck isn't from Microsoft it tends to be from the operator.Can I ask who you have a contract with? Also as I say the firmware update is from Nokia not MS that's where the delay is and yes it is as frustrating as hell

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Potatowned

Lumia 800 Cyan, still haven't recieved the update. Shame :crying:
Please use plain text.