Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No Monster love for early adopters????

SoMeOnE_21

No Monster love for early adopters????

Hello there, firstly I commend Nokia for dishing out headphones of a substantial value to select Lumia 800 owners despite the unfavorable situation they are in. However, I am disappointed that early adopters like me (picked up my Lumia 800 on launch day) and many others that took the plunge before the marketing machine went into overdrive are left out of the equation completely. I do understand that the handsets are close to 6 months of age but a little bit of love could be given to the rest of us for the loyal support that we have given to Nokia in this trying times for the company.

A headset of that value may be too much given the age, but if Nokia makes a decision to reward its customers on a particular phone, I truly believe everyone who bought the phone and fulfilled the requirements (proper channels of distribution etc) should be rewarded in one form or a another. Just my honest opinion and I am sure there are many proud owners who may or may not be in a similar situation as I am would understand my plea.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anseio

Agreed! Why aren't we being rewarded for buying the phone when it had 'real' issues?

Please use plain text.
Sy7ygy

Exactly.

Is there any word from Nokia on this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Whilst we'd all love this freebie it just isn't going to happen. The only reason they are giving them away is to boost sales in key markets. Giving them away to existing purchasers isn't financially viable nor does it help them achieve their sales targets.

Nokia has already given their word on this in the terms and conditions of the offer.

Many companies in tech, automotive and retail in general do promotions like this and rarely do they look back at existing purchasers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gazt81

Thank you for picking up on this too! I'm a Nokia fan and always have been.. I feel totally let down.. After having a phone that wouldn't even last 6hours without using it for almost a month and patiently waiting for an update to fix it. Then I see Nokia throwing £200 headphones at anyone who goes and gets a lumia800 now. I was pretty shocked at the quality of the original headset anyway but this is a real kick in the teeth
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sontianurag

i am deeply disappointed. picked up the phone on the it released and had to wait months together for the update, running out the battery whenever i needed the phone. we dont get anything for supporting them :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Daniel209

Totally disappointed buying this phone very early :smileysad:

Please use plain text.