Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No phonebook transfer to my cars handsfree

ronaldb

No phonebook transfer to my cars handsfree

[ Edited ]

I've had quite a few phones the last few years (old Windows mobile, Sony Ericsson K750, two androids, at least) and all of them work great in my car regarding handsfree. But the Lumia 800 only works half way. I can pair it and make calls and receive them, but the phonebook is not transferred. Quite the traffic hazard to have to pick up the phone to find the numbers or dial them manually on the navigation unit. 

Is there a setup I can not see, or is this a bug?!? If this is not solveable QUICKLY, the phone is going straight back to the shop!!

Ronald

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@ronaldb

Depends upon individual vehicle as Lumia 800 has PBAP = Phone Book Access Profile as here:http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Lumia_800/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

This is probably a compatibility issue with your cars handsfree. In my car (Citroën C5 2009, MyWay system) it worked OK but only after I installed the latest firmware for my cars handsfree it works great.

So perhaps you should update your cars handsfree firmware, if possible.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Some Carkits only support RSAP (Remote Sim Access Profile). What Car & Navigation/Head unit do you have?

As previously stated, the Lumia supports PBAP.

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
ronaldb

I've got a 2007 Skoda Octavia with integrated Navigation and bluetooth handsfree. As you said, it might be it does not support PBAP. I am not sure yet if I will be able to check that.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
_SPu_

[ Edited ]

Works just fine with every possible BT feature in my Volvo (model year 2012) ..

A friend has a Octavia (2011 or 2010 model?) and no issues reported either (that I've heard of at least...). :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
TBKr

Hi ronaldb, I have the same problem with NISSAN and MAZDA handsfree.

And I don't care if LUMIA is PBAP or RSAP. I just want to send complete phone book from phone to handsfree over Bluetooth. It was possible with other phones I used to have. But in this **bleep** phone there is no option to transfer phone-book! I found some "application" to transfer contacts from LUMIA to other phone, but it works only with phone, no handsfree, and can transfer only 15 contact at once. I have to find some idiot to give him my LUMIA and buy another phone...

Please use plain text.