Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: No update windows 7.8 lumia 900

Registered Member
setanie
Accepted Solution

No update windows 7.8 lumia 900

I hope somebody can help me. I bought the lumia 900 in the Netherlands. I downloaded Zune and looked for the update 7.8 but Zune says that my phone is updated with 7.1. What can I do to get windows 7.8?

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The version number for WP7.8 is 7.10.8858.136. Is this what you have? Most people expect to see 7.8 which is  not the case. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
setanie

Yes this was the answer I was hoping for. Thanks a lot:smileyvery-happy:

Then I am gonna enjoy my Nokia phone now.

Please use plain text.
Doglett

Can I ask a question about this update (didn't want to start a new thread with the same title)?

I'm in the UK and bought a brand new, unlocked, Nokia Lumia 900 last year. I'm using it with Vodafone but have found that there is no update available for it. The Vodafone support forums aren't very helpful, with a support comment that because they didn't provide Nokia Lumia 900's direct there are no updates being 'pushed'.

Whenever I connect to Zune (Windows) or Windows Phone (Mac OSX) I'm told there are no updates available.

According to Settings, my software is 'Windows ® Phone 7.5' and the

OS version is 7.10.8779.8.

Firmware is 2175.2503.8779.12301.

Hardware revision is 112.1914.2.0.

Interestingly, when connected using the Windows Phone app on Mac OSX, the device version is 07.10.08779.03 which differs from that shown on the actual phone.

So you have any idea how/if I'm able to get 7.8 on the phone? I've heard that because of problems with 7.8 and stuck tiles that the update may have been pulled for the time being but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shanghaitriad

I have the same issue, been trying to update my lumia 900 to 7.8 here in China same specs as you, and it does not find an update although the China Website says that the latest firmware is a different rev than we have...Will I get 7.8 ever? Will someone from Nokia actually address this? Please see my screenshot, shows that Nokia is saying I should be able to upgrade to the new software but I still am having no luck. 

Please use plain text.
Doglett

[ Edited ]

You may want to repost that screenshot without your bookmarks bar.

Please use plain text.
Doglett

No-one got any suggestions about the update then?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

1. This has been posted in several threads in the correct forum section for this issue, which is Software Updates:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Updates-to-Windows-Phone-7-8-starting-today/m-p/178...

2. Please revert to the Software Updates forum section if you want to follow up on this issue.

Please use plain text.
WikiBrad

that's not true. i got a email saying that the new update would b available soon and it would give everyone the new tiles as on WP8 Phones

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

WikiBrad wrote:

that's not true. i got a email saying that the new update would b available soon and it would give everyone the new tiles as on WP8 Phones

What exactly is not true ? As for what the update will contain, this has been public information for several months now, so your information is hardly a groundbreaking revelation.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GSKB

Hei guys......i dnt knw if i should say i have th same problem but.................i updated the software for my lumia 900 which is only a week old but i dont seem to be able to use any services offered by my network service provider.after installin the updates it workd just for 2minuts n went bak to the way it was.phoned service provider but they couldnt help.i have been tryin to check an update but no luck,i still cant reciev my airtime balance neva mind use anything offered by service provider.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

What network are you on, what services do you want to use and were you ever able to use them ? What are your current OS and Firmware versions ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bmeskin

Still waiting in san Francisco.......at&t said I need to just wait???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajesh011990

HI AM FROM INDIA ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM OF UPDATING MY LUMIA 900.

Please use plain text.
Lumia900MX

I am having issues with my phone as well, using Zune I get the attached error message.

Does anybody else get this error message?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vinodhegde

Those of you still not having 7.8 please try this method , worked like a charm (ages ago) but patience is required in abundance :smileyhappy: 

http://www.wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience

Please use plain text.