Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

No video chat for Lumia 920?

Psionic

No video chat for Lumia 920?

[ Edited ]

I love the phone, did I miss a working video chat app?

Please use plain text.
Lee_Cox

Re: No video chat for Lumia 920?

It will likely be a skype app from MS. given they are doing away with Messenger completely we'll likely see it soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
btkeenan

I checked the tango video chat forums and they said they're working on a WP8 version of Tango but they gave no ETA. This is kind of frustrating that MS did not release the skype app alongside their W8 Version.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Psionic,

As Lee_Cox has said, there is now a Windows Phone 8 Skype app that has been pushed to the Store in the last 24 hours. There is detailed information on the app here: http://www.wpcentral.com/skype-preview-windows-phone-8-now-available-hands-video

And direct download link here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/skype/c3f8e570-68b3-4d6a-bdbb-c0a3f4360a51
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lumia920user29

The Skype for the Lumia 920 really sucks. The video is really choppy, the sound is terrible, and it doesn't even show the other person half the time. Please improve or remove. Seriously. I bought this expensive phone to video chat with my girlfriend that lives in Seattle. I live in North Carolina. You can imagine our disappointment.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I have no problems with video calling on Skype with both my 920 and 820. I think the issues you are experiencing could be due to bandwidth problems with your data connection. Were you using mobile data or wifi? Try Skype again with a good wifi connection and this should indicate if the problem is with the phone and Skype or a data bandwidth issue. You could also try Skype again in a location where the mobile signal may be better. 

Also note that poor quality could also be due to poor bandwidth on the other end of the call. It takes 2 to tango in this case. 

Please use plain text.