Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 520 - Where are the Audio Enhancements?

Contributor
NitzWalsh

Nokia 520 - Where are the Audio Enhancements?

From the 520 User Guide pg 79:

"Tip:
You can improve the quality of the sound by changing the equalizer settings. On the startscreen, swipe left, and tap Settings>audio."

http://download.support.nokia.com/ncss/PUBLIC/en_GB/webpdf/100000313146/Nokia_Lumia_520_UG_en_GB.pdf

Desperately need some equalizer control here, but when I launch Settings->Audio, I get the Enhancements title screen - and nothing else.  Blank.  Tried it with headphones, and powered on/off the phone - anyone else?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 520 - Where are the Audio Enhancements?

For some unknown reason its not there on the device as mentioned HERE and HERE

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

As this is a peer forum and not Nokia Care (support) I'd suggest you try the 'Contact us' link on the bottom of this page.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

I'd seen other threads discussing the lack of audio enhancements on the Lumia 520, but I had never noticed that the feature is listed as included by the owner's manual.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Misprint i would imagine.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NitzWalsh

[ Edited ]

Fully aware this is not official Nokia support - albeit this is one of the options where Nokia's support page links you to. The "Contact Us" page however, seems stricly limited to hardware repair requests or problems with the Nokia music store - plus it's not working regardless.  Multiple attemps results in "Please try again later".  :whistling:

Does anyone know from Nokia if the lack of an equalizer is actually official policy?  If so that is outright idiocy, $30 MP3 players have this capability, feature phones can do this. 

Obviously anectodal, but I've seen more interest in Windows Phone due to the cheap price of this model than at any time since WP8's introduction.  If Nokia is artificially restricting something as basic as tonal control for audio based on the price of this model, that's just bizarre thinking.  Nokia, and Windows Phone needs all the help it can get - you don't butcher a phones audio quality in the hope people will pay for a higher-end model just to get a feature that virtually every other MP3 playing product has had for the better part of a decade.

And you certainly don't advertise it in the user guide for the specific model.

Fingers crossed this is just a bug.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You can reach Nokia Support through Twitter via @NokiaHelps

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NitzWalsh

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NitzWalsh

Officla Twitter Response: Not supported.

Pretty pathetic Nokia.

Please use plain text.