Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 900 Flicking Homescreen When Pressing Power ...

Advisor
gahbmwm5

Nokia 900 Flicking Homescreen When Pressing Power Off Button...

Hello,

As I just purchased this very nice device from a AT&T Corp Store-Glossy White...I'm curious if any of our collective membership have experienced this...

How do I restart a device which has an integrated battery if the device jams or freezes? - Nokia FAQ

To restart a device having integrated battery (e.g. Nokia N8-00, E7-00, N9, Lumia 800), press and hold the power key for about 8-10 seconds until the device switches off. Then you can switch your device on again normally.

When my device froze up...it occured during a call and trying to navigate through a AT&T Corp Store Phone menu..trying to press the numerical keypad button to dial a 1, or 2...etc...the screen just locked up...speaker phone button also produced the same issue...

So when holding the power button (for 8-10 secs) like the above Nokia FAQ states...my homescreen flickers...default wallpaper but it was noticeable...

This device has a 'green rounded sticker on box'...signifying a newly reflashed unit from the factory...

Firmware Revision Number: 2175.1002.8112.12084

Hardware Revision Number: 112.1914.2.0

I have viewed these two threads and responded according:

Issue with nokia lumia 900 touch capacitive button...

Lumia 900 Vibrate rattle ?

I see that Kosh-Nokia has responded...which is nice to see...wil patiently await futher investigating/trouble-shooting methods from Nokia Labs...

I am completely enamoured with this wonderfully neat Euro-sleek device....and with a new flagship device, some of these glitches are expected....but with Nokia's reputation of 'solid hardware' it is surprising...

I keep my device very clean, and will list of my apps (not many-lol) if prompted...Thanks

Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gahbmwm5

Re: Nokia 900 Flicking Homescreen When Pressing Power Off Button...

Apologies for the double-post...however upon further exploring...testing it seems that the home screen flickering occurs with the default aqua/blueish default wallpaper..when I changed to a darker color wall...I could not see this flickering.. Maybe color related..
Nokia Lumia 920 Glossy Red
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

I had this same wallpaper flickering problem with all three of my Lumia 900's.  I'm going to repost the question.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Contributor
schnuppi1995

my Lumia 900 froze during navigating ( in a town I never been ,a real trouble)

.But a real trouble was that there was nothing I could do to restart it , held the switch off button couple of times for  suggested 10 second, even longer, nothing. It switched off only after battery drained out , about 1 hour, but by that time Lumia 900 was so hot I feared it could explode. Anybody had similiar problem ? should I ask a replacement ?

Please use plain text.