Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 920 'Extras & Info' update broken

Contributor
Ken9202012
Accepted Solution

Nokia 920 'Extras & Info' update broken

A few days ago the market notified there was an update for 'Extras & Info'.  I proceeded with the update with no problems.

Today, I noticed the Market had another update for 'Extras & Info'.  I started the update... about halfway through the phone reset itself and then tried to continue to download the update.

Everytime it gets about 50% and then tells me there is an error downloading the update.  I have tried both on wi-fi and cellular.

I tried rebooting my phone... which, the phone turns itself on every time?  But even after reboot, its teh same error.

I cancelled the download and now the store doesn't indicate there are any updates.

However, now when I look under settings, the 'Extras & Info' entry is missing, and replaced by what looks like a path name:

"@C:\data\programs\{2377fe..."  I can't see the rest of hte string.  I've tried clicking it out of curiosity and nothing happens.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

definitely looks like you have a partial install.

there really was nothing that I can see in the update....but yours looks corrupted/incomplete.

you could try a soft reset by holding the down volume and power key to reboot the device.

otherwise, not sure how it would be fixed without a complete reset.

being that you do not really use that anyway, it may not be worth it.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ken9202012

I came to the same conclusion, so I figured its non-essential and just let it be for now, I don't feel like resetting and re-configuring my phone all over again.  I was curious to see if anyone else had the same issue.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

if you decide to, then I would be sure to go to

settings/backup

and be sure that your app list and settings, sms and photos are backed up to he cloud.

this should make a reformat easier for you! :smileywink:

cheers.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joanneE

I tried to install the update for 11/26/12 and the phone restarted. But it is frozen on the boot up page with just the nokia signature.

What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuzelu

I have this update to do ,,Extras & Info,, before to install i wana be sure is working,and not repeat all the things with nokia maps reboot phone etc etc..my question this UPDATE is WORK 10000% ??? anyone had problems with that ?? ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pinkopanter

My update was nice and smooth, no issues here.

I just wonder where we can get info on what is this update for?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apocacrux

I have the same issue and it seems the only option is to do a reset of the phone. Despite having everything backed up in the cloud I still feel that I shouldn't have to rely on such features due to a faulty update.
this problem seems to be somewhat widespread with no helpful fix.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

No problems here either with my update. It also appears to have fixed the tempermental Audio Equaliser issue. As others have stated, there is probably no other option but to hard reset the phone and if that doesn't work, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate nearest Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
BSiegel

Same problem on my Lumina 920 as well as 6 ohers I purchased for my employees. Nokia needs to provide a resolution that does not require a reset... Very frustrating

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
barareklam

I have very same problem, extras try to download and stops half way. My 920 rebooted first time. It says error code 8103010d 

So, this soft reset thing, does this erase whole lumia 920 or what shall I expect. Good to know before I do it. I have 15 Gb of pictures, contacts, mail.... Shall that remain on phone or this is also maybe yes maybe no answer. In that case I am not doing that, I just do not have time to rearrange my phone again. It took some time.

Please use plain text.
limchd

The same happened to me today and I am really not willing to do a hard reset (it would be my third time already - the previous ones are to fix the battery life and song duplication issues) and the backup doesn't even backup all app settings or even the homescreen tile arrangements.

Highly disappointing. Coming from the N9, my trust in Nokia has been slowly eroded away by the multiple glaring failures of the 920. It seems that I have no choice but to discourage my family and friends from considering WP8 and Nokia. What is the point of a device that is as problematic as Android but offers less freedom and functionality?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You can get the update by scanning the QR code available in this thread:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082

Please use plain text.
limchd

[ Edited ]

The error continues to appear when attempting to install this.

The only way out seems to be hard resetting or uninstalling the app in the question then reinstalling, and there is no way to uninstall extras+info at the moment.

The way Nokia and Microsoft have handled this problem, seemingly dating back to the WP7 days, is entirely disappointing.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Master_Nuno

This was perfect....Thank You as this took care of it for me!!!
Please use plain text.
kjn311

I too used to have this problem but now it's fixed.  My problem was that the version of Windows 8 on my phone was too old and needed to be updated.

Go to Phone Update and make sure you've got the latest version.  In my case, it took two cycles to get the latest version.  And, warning, it can take 20 minutes or so to get the whole thing done - and that's if you're on a WiFi connection.

Anyway, after the Windows 8 software was updated, the install of Extras+Info went fine.  Truth be told, the software should have automatically checked and warned me about that but, c'est la vie.

Please use plain text.