Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Barcode Reader or Aftermarket App ?

Contributor
K9JSB
Accepted Solution

Nokia Barcode Reader or Aftermarket App ?

Hi

This is my first post...

Could some one with good Lumia 920 know how tell me how I use the Barcode Scanner/Reader on my Lumia 920, or, if i have to download a specific app to do such ?

Also iv seen where you hold your camera up to text in a foreign language and it converts it on the screen in to your chosen language. How do i access this on my phone ?

Just like to say iv never been so pleased with any mobile phone or device as i have my Lumia 920. Suffered the vibrate rattle and EE simply sent me a new one out the next day and took my defexted model away. Great service, Great phone !!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

For reading the QR codes..tap on the 'SEARCH' key that will open the Bing search..then tap the 'EYE' icon in the middle...and point the camera on the code. Once it gets registered tap on the link ..

For Translating..open the Bing serach then tap the 'EYE' icon in the middle...and tap 'Scan Text'..Then point the camera on the text. Once it gets registered tap on the 'Translate' tab ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

K9JSB wrote:

Could some one with good Lumia 920 know how tell me how I use the Barcode Scanner/Reader on my Lumia 920?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.