Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Limia 820 Volume Switch Problem

Wharncliffeowl

Nokia Limia 820 Volume Switch Problem

After 3 weeks my Lumia 820 will not increase or decrease the volume. It is stuck on level 00. Obviously I'm pressing on the volume button but it does not respond.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Limia 820 Volume Switch Problem

Have you tried rebooting by pressing holding the vol down and power button? The phone should restart.

Please use plain text.
Wharncliffeowl

Re: Nokia Lumia 820 Volume Switch Problem

The phone itself isn't frozen and I'm able to switch it on/off but I did as you suggested but problem still there. This began yesterday while listening to music I attempted to increase volume but the volume button would only decrease not increase.  Now the level is at 00 and will not budge.  I think the circuit board or whatever must be faulty.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Try plugging the headphones in and out a couple of times
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Wharncliffeowl

Problem still there.  It is definitely the increase volume side of the button that has developed a fault.  I guess I'll have to take the phone back to the store next week. 

Please use plain text.