Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 1020 International work on T-Mobile LT...

Registered Member
wariscoming
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 1020 International work on T-Mobile LTE?

I am currently living in Germany getting ready to move back to the US and interested in using T-Mobile as my service provider.  Yesterday, the Nokia Lumia 1020 was announced exclusively for AT&T in the US.  I have questions:

• If I buy an unlocked International version of the 1020 here in Europe, will it achieve maximum data speeds on T-Mobile's LTE network?
  • If not will an unlocked AT&T version work on T-Mobile LTE?

I'm reading that because of T-Mobile's LTE band 4, some unlocked phones will not achieve LTE speeds on T-Mobiles network.  Long story short, I want the Nokia 1020 but I want it to get LTE speeds on T-Mobile's network...possible or not?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 International work on T-Mobile LTE?

You are correct about the lack of Band 4 on the global version. So the short answer to your question is no. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 International work on T-Mobile LTE?

you will get the HSDPA+21 which will get you up to 21Mbs.

that is plenty fast for me on my factory unlocked 920.

you should be fine.

:smileyhappy:
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.