Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 1020 = NOKIA 909

Counsellor
Cosminciuc
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 1020 = NOKIA 909

Hello,

I just bought today from Vodafone Romania a Nokia Lumia 1020 black. I have noticed that in the phone information section from about window I have NOKIA 909 listed as model name. Is this correct?

The OS version number is 8.0.10328.78.

Firmware revision number is 3049.0000.1330.1001

Also when I connect my phone to PC, the Windows Phone window says "RM-875|Nokia 909".

Is NOKIA 909 the correct model name?

In extras+info I found the following information:

Manufacturer Name: RM-875_eu_hungary_298

Label ID: 3049.0000.1330.10165

Thank you.

Cosmin Petrenciuc

Cosmin Petrenciuc
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 = NOKIA 909

Yes, it is marketed as 1020, but the model reference is 909.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It was a last minute marketing decision made so the naming/numbering convention looked logical, higher the number the higher specification, as a result the 920 & 925 had 'higher' number than the 909 but lower specification, so it was decided to launch it as the 1020, higher spec , better camera, flagship. :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cosminciuc

Thank you all for your prompt answers. I was worried that I might have bought an older variant of Lumia 1020, one that should have never been sold.

Also, is it right to assume that I will receive system updates only after they are released in Hungary because in the manufacturer name "Hungary" is present?

Thank you.

P.S. I have also noticed I'm missing "Call + SMS block". In Settings I have Network+, I have Glance but no "Call + SMS block".

Cosmin Petrenciuc
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Cosminciuc wrote:

P.S. I have also noticed I'm missing "Call + SMS block". In Settings I have Network+, I have Glance but no "Call + SMS block".

YOu may need to update some of your system apps. Download and install an app called Lumia Systewm UPdater and use it to install any available system app updates.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Actually, Lumia 1020 is the successor of Nokia 808 PureView, which also has a 41MP camera. That's why it's called Nokia 909 initially.

Also, AFAIK, Lumia 1020 is the first phone to break 1 to 9 numbering/naming convention. On older phone model series, 9x models had better specifications than the 8x and lower models. But Lumia 1020 is the first phone to reach level 10 in this numbering game :smileywink: 

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cosminciuc

About 30 minutes after I posted this questions my new phone notified me there are are two updates: one for sound and one for extras+info. Now I have Call+SMS Block.

I have installed the application Lumia System Updater.

Thank you.

Cosmin Petrenciuc
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
octupusy87

Please l really need one of these Lumia 1020 to purchase over here in Ghana but l cant afford the price n so if anyone here has been touch by the spirit can assist me to get one.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
buflyer200

Well that's interesting. Nokia just asked me to complete a survey on how likely I am to recommend my 909 phone. I I said not likely, as I use a 1020. If Nokia asks me how likely I am to recommend a 1020, I would tell them 'very likely.

The consumer only knows what they bought as 'marketed' to them, not some internal phone numbering/numbering system.

Their marketing department better get with it, or what does it matter as Microsoft takes over eventually?

Hilarious. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xJen86x

This was my problem too thanks, soo bloody confusing. I thought my 1020 had done the wrong update !! :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
SpinSupreme

I said the same thing.. Lol
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Costin03

I've noticed that thing at Flanco store, the same problem: settings > about > Nokia Lumia 909 in stead of 1020. Otherwise, the phone is excellent.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

[ Edited ]

Hi Costin03,

Welcome to the forum! :cathappy:

It's normal that the computer will show Nokia Lumia 909 instead of 1020. The type and model numbers on the computer identify your phone's hardware version (Lumia 909), which may be different from its actual marketing name (Lumia 1020). There's nothing to worry about it. 

Just let us know if you need further assistance. :cathappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gd717

I am worried my recently bought 1020 might be a fake - how do I check that out?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The only fake 1020 I have seen had no sim tray at the top, was dual sim and does not run Windowsphone OS. Should be easy enough to spot. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ekstamC

cjlim wrote:

The only fake 1020 I have seen had no sim tray at the top, was dual sim and does not run Windowsphone OS. Should be easy enough to spot. 

I want that phone!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

I bet it didn't have the 41MP camera either.

Please use plain text.