I bought Nokia Lumia 510 device on 4th Nov. I have observed some issues with this device and would like to put it in this forum to see if anyone else has similar issues and would get solution for the same
1. Phone gets rebooted automatically. I did not have any open applications or multiple applications installed in my phone. When the phone is idle, it automatically gets rebooted. I got this problem twice since I bought this phone.
2. Specification says that 510 comes with 4GB in-built storage, but my phone shows Total Storage as 2.88GB and Available Storage as 911.20MB. How much does the OS consume and how much can be used for applications.
3. Nokia Maps and Drive is not that convenient when compared to Symbian device maps. My favorites are synced to Nokia Maps but same is not available in Nokia Drive, so I cannot set the navigation to those locations.
4. When I am searching a location in maps, sometimes maps application gets automatically closed and getting Start screen.
5. Often getting "No Service" when compared to XM5800 when used in same location. I need to restart the device to get the network connection once again.
Please let me know if there are any solution to any of these problems.
In my experience, a phone that seemingly randomly reboots is caused by weak network signal and the phone struggling to find a signal. This causes the phone to use as much power as possible until it falls over itself and reboots.
You mention in point number five that this is indeed an issue for you and also mention that you came from a 5800XM which takes a standard SIM. However the 510 accepts a micro SIM, so if you had your SIM cut down to micro size you should see about getting it replaced for a proper micro SIM. Cut down SIM's can be problematic, especially if not done correctly.
For point number two, advertised storage space will always be lower than expectations due to a number of factors. The following website should help to explain the shortfall.
moved to a new discussion in Lumia board
Check to make sure there is nothing obscuring the proximity sensor. The sensor is at the top of the screen and can be obscured by a screenprotector, bits of dirt or dust. Check and remove as necessary.
28-02-2013 17:02 - last edited on 28-02-2013 17:43 by jekiboi20
Anyone wants a Nokia lumia510.give you for a reasonable price..just a month old..*****@gmail.com
Moderator's note: We have edited your post. E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish your personal contact information in a public forum.
i bought my phone seven month ago....i am a average user...i use my cell phone hardly half to quarter of an hour....after the duration of seven months has passed....there is a repeatedly hanging problem with the phone and most oftenly the application automatically run and the back arrow key get stuck.. and the worst is that the live tiles moveand resize on their own.thats the most riduculous thinng i am experiencing...nw i am regretting to buy this lumia phone....it would be better that i would buy any q mobile....when phones belonging to nokia have such a faults in their cell phones...then it would be better for nokia to shut down their company....