Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 510 issues with my phone

Sudhakar510

Nokia Lumia 510 issues with my phone

I bought  Nokia Lumia 510 device on 4th Nov. I have observed some issues with this device and would like to put it in this forum to see if anyone else has similar issues and would get solution for the same

1. Phone gets rebooted automatically. I did not have any open applications or multiple applications installed in my phone. When the phone is idle, it automatically gets rebooted. I got this problem twice since I bought this phone.

2. Specification says that 510 comes with 4GB in-built storage, but my phone shows Total Storage as 2.88GB and Available Storage as 911.20MB. How much does the OS consume and how much can be used for applications.

3. Nokia Maps and Drive is not that convenient when compared to Symbian device maps. My favorites are synced to Nokia Maps but same is not available in Nokia Drive, so I cannot set the navigation to those locations.

4. When I am searching a location in maps, sometimes maps application gets automatically closed and getting Start screen.

5. Often getting "No Service" when compared to XM5800 when used in same location. I need to restart the device to get the network connection once again.

Please let me know if there are any solution to any of these problems.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Nokia Lumia 510 issues with my phone

In my experience, a phone that seemingly randomly reboots is caused by weak network signal and the phone struggling to find a signal. This causes the phone to use as much power as possible until it falls over itself and reboots.

You mention in point number five that this is indeed an issue for you and also mention that you came from a 5800XM which takes a standard SIM. However the 510 accepts a micro SIM, so if you had your SIM cut down to micro size you should see about getting it replaced for a proper micro SIM. Cut down SIM's can be problematic, especially if not done correctly.

For point number two, advertised storage space will always be lower than expectations due to a number of factors. The following website should help to explain the shortfall.

http://www.whatsabyte.com/

Ray.

Please use plain text.
manavdeepsingh

Camera Quality Also Very Poor
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Manavdeepsingh,

The Lumia 510 has a 5 megapixel camera and is aimed at the budget low-end, therefore the quality of the images the camera takes needs to be put into perspective. It is not a high-end device, so if you are expecting superstellar image quality, you will be sorely disappointed.

You are, however, free to leave your feedback with Nokia directly by clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page. As this is a user to user forum for Nokia products and services only.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
devakar03

Screen is off while calling someone . Unable to disconnect the phone ....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Check to make sure there is nothing obscuring the proximity sensor. The sensor is at the top of the screen and can be obscured by a screenprotector, bits of dirt or dust. Check and remove as necessary. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
angehang

Nokia sucks. Nokia care gave me a sample mobile which I forgot to ask for a fresh one.the memory availability is a problem,sometimes large space availability n sometimes low i.e without installing new applications.phone reboots while charging, i can turn it off while charging.i am sorry to say this but i am now regretting i should have bought Samsung android...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
angehang

[ Edited ]

Anyone wants a Nokia lumia510.give you for a reasonable price..just a month old..*****@gmail.com

Moderator's note: We have edited your post. E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish your personal contact information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rigz

I also got a same problem that while making call, screan got off... so wat to do???

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cuteandlovely

Mobile lights during call off beacause of sensors you can press screen lock button and then try to disconnect the phone
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
misymanyoni

Just bought my lumia 510 and noticed that the ussd code doesnt work.are there any applications to counter that problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anishdayal

My lumia 510 is 6 months old.Two points are always visible on the screen.This problem has been occurring for 5 days.
My phone sometimes hangs while gaming.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akhi9885

give details of focus mode in nokia 510 clearly...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaysinsah

Thanks.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pardon

i bought my phone seven month ago....i am a average user...i use my cell phone hardly half to quarter of an hour....after the duration of seven months has passed....there is a repeatedly hanging problem with the phone and most oftenly the application automatically run and the back arrow key get stuck.. and the worst is that the live tiles moveand resize on their own.thats the most riduculous thinng i am experiencing...nw i am regretting to buy this lumia phone....it would be better that i would buy any q mobile....when phones belonging to nokia have such a faults in their cell phones...then it would be better for nokia to shut down their company....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marcel98

my 510 was working fine and now all of the sudden it doesnt support apps that it did use to support and there is no update availible......what must i do anyone that can help please????
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
k1986

screen getting off while making a call or recieving a call, kindly any body can help

Please use plain text.