Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 520 Internet connection problem

DeepaliBajaj

Nokia Lumia 520 Internet connection problem

Hi, I am unable to connect my lumia 520 to Internet using my home wi-fi connection. Nor am I able to connect to my Nokia account from my phone. I know it is using the wi-fi connection because the nokia music works. Is there something else that I need to do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Internet connection problem

have you checked that you are up to date with all the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store? also try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AhmadIzzat

Hi all,

I am too facing a similar problem. My Lumia 520 is connected to my house's wifi router but the phone could not browse the internet. Seems like there is no internet connection despite connecting to the wireless router.

Hope to get some ideas to resolve this problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vipulrawat

I am facing the same problem !! How do you correct it?

AhmadIzzat wrote:
Hi all,

I am too facing a similar problem. My Lumia 520 is connected to my house's wifi router but the phone could not browse the internet. Seems like there is no internet connection despite connecting to the wireless router.

Hope to get some ideas to resolve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamthelaw

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the advice, Unfortunately I cant update the phone because it wont connect to my router. When i try to update using my mobile provider connection it just tells me to connect via Wi Fi therefore a catch 22 problem im afraid.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heulaup

This WiFi is connected but it won't browse the internet is it? I've encountered this problem before and solved it by using static IP address but not on a Lumia. Sadly I don't think setting static IP is an option for WP8.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gemmadelight

Can somebody help with instructions on how to connect my Nokia Lumia 520 to the internet please

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

gemmadelight wrote:

Can somebody help with instructions on how to connect my Nokia Lumia 520 to the internet please

Can you be a little more specific? Via Wi-Fi or 3G?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
dt99jay

Same problem here with a brand new Lumia 520. It's connected to my home wifi (and I can see it listed as a device when I log into my router), but the browser won't load any pages. I'm hesitant to download a software update over 3G as it might be huge... Any ideas very welcome.

Please use plain text.
dt99jay

Problem solved for me. In case this helps anyone else, I went to settings > about > Reset your phone. When it finished its reset it connected to the internet fine.
Please use plain text.
brengu

This phone IS the worst buy ever for me i cannot download at all & when i took it back to tesco (where i signed up for 2 year contract) they couldn't help nether HINT dont use tesco mobile. I asked them to take it back but no joy there either.

A VERY UNHAPPY NOKIA USER.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dec54

Please help purchased a nokia 520 as a present I am at my wits end as cannot use the internet on my phone as there seems to be a problem with connection but is showing connected PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dintymc

Had a similar problem, the phone found the wifi but wouldn't connect. I tried the soft reset and it worked a treat. Thanks. Had to press the buttons a few times to get the timing right.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
brengu

[ Edited ]

CAN ANYONE FROM NOKIA EXPLAIN WHY THEY HAVEN'T PICKED THIS PROBLEM WITH THE PHONES CAN WE SEND THEM BACK? MUST BE THE WORST PHONE IN PHONE HISTORY MINE IS ON A 2 YEAR CONTRACT & TESCO WHERE I GOT IT FROM CANNOT HELP OR WON'T HELP.

A VERY DISGRUNTLED NOKIA USER.

Please use plain text.