Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

Advisor
samman6707

Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

[ Edited ]

Hi There. I Got My NOKIA LUMIA 520 Few Days Back. I Am Facing A Issue With It.

The Issue Is "Music+Video Player".

When I Transfer Music And Video Files On 32 GB microSD Card....It Transfers Fine.

But I Transfer Only One File But I See Multiple Copies Of It. Sometimes Two, Five, Seven And Last Time I Checked It Was Eight. This Goes On Increasing On The Phone And Happens For Every Music And Video File. But When I Attach Phone To The Computer To Check The Music And Video Folder Sometimes It Only Shows One File And No Multiple Copies But Sometimes While Accessing The Music And Video Folder To Confirm That There Aren’t Any Multiple Copies....My Computer Freezes.

Also If I Try To Delete Any One Of The Files In Those Multiple Copies On The Phone....The File Is Not Playable....I Assume It Gets Deleted....Though I Delete One File Of Multiple Of Seven...Six Are Visible....But Neither One Will Play.

I Love Music A Lot And So I Got 32 GB microSD Card, As Internal Space Was In-Adequate. Due To This Issue I Did Not Transfer Music And Videos To My Phone.

I Hope I Will Get Support For This Issue Immediately. As NOKIA LUMIA 520 Is Really Nice Phone....But These Issues Should Be Take Care At Once

Thanking You

samman6707

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Music+Video Player Issues

hi mate,

my suggestion is to clear yiour music collection and use the Windows Phone app available for Windows 7 and Windows 8 and use that to transfer music to your device. worked much better for me rather than copying the music directly thru Windows Explorer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
samman6707

Thanks Buddy.

Can You Tell ME Which App To Install On (PHONE or COMPUTER) ?

Are You Talking About Zune ?

I Am New To Windows Platform On Phone, So Help Required

Thanking You

samman6707
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

no no, not Zune mate. Zune only works with Windows Phone 7.x. if you have Windows 8, you can download the Windows Phone app from the Store, by simply searching for it in the Store. if you are running Windows 7, you can download it from here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-AU/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manutyagi

Hi..when you connect your mobile to pc a window will open showing your windows phone..in there on the left side there will be sign with Down facing arrow and next to it will be the message "GET the WINDOWS PHONE APP"..

Click on the that..download the .exe file..save and run..you are ready to go..

Like if you feel this as solution..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
samman6707

Thanks Guys. I Got It. I Installed It On My Computer And Its Up And Running. But I Got One More Issue, How Can I Transfer Songs To My Phone I Know How Yo Sync It....The Software Automatically Discovered My Music And Video Folder. But I Can Only See Genres And Albums..But I Dont See "Songs" Option. My All The Songs Are Only Visible in Ringtone Menu. I Have Some Songs Which Do Not Have Specific Details As "Album OR Genre OR Artist"

What Should I Do To Transfer Those Songs As Well.

Thanking You

samman6707

Please use plain text.
Advisor
samman6707

I Synced My Phone To [Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)]....But The Issue Still There. Even After Transfering Files Through [Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)] I Can Still See Those Mutiple Copies Of Single File. Also If I Try To Delete Any One Of The Files In Those Multiple Copies On The Phone....The File Is Not Playable

What Should I Do ? Please Help Me With This.

Thanking You

samman6707

Please use plain text.
nikhilshahjain

I'm facing the same problem since I bought this phone

First I copied music and videos from PC (Windows 7) to Phone (microSD card) through Windows Phone software. After coping music file immediately it creates a duplicate entry.

After that, I deleted all the music and videos from microSD card and download some music from Nokia Music store. (And didn't connect phone with PC after that) Still its creating duplicate entries.

There is no duplicate file in music folder in microSD card, its only showing in music+videos.

It keeps creating the entries of each song, now there are 4 to 5 entries of each song.

There is nothing in music+videos settings, it's just showing suggestions box. 

There is no Xbox music in Nokia Lumia 520 instead there is Nokia Music.

Please give the solution.
Please use plain text.
musica

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi samman6707 and nikhilshahjain,

We need answers to below questions.

1. How did you transfer the music and video files the first time?

2. Did you use the microSD card to another mobile phone before using it to your Nokia Lumia 520?

3. What are the formats of these files that you have transferred from your computer?

4. Does the duplication happen with the files saved in the memory card? How about those that are saved in the phone memory?

For possible solutions, you can try the following:

1.You can perform the format operation with your Lumia phone, but it is recommended to do it using a PC running Windows 7.

4GB - 32GB microSD's should be formatted to FAT32 format using 32kB cluster size, and 64GB microSD should be formatted to exFAT. The cluster size can be checked if the microSD is connected to a PC, from Explorer select Format. The used cluster size is reported as Allocation unit size.

If your phone was in deep sleep state (locked and no data connections active) when you inserted the card, you may have to restart your phone.

2. To further isolate the issue, you can also try to use another microSD card. 

Upon checking on the Microsoft forum, a user of HTC phone experienced the same. You can also try the steps provided on the below screenshot which is from the below link.

3. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpmusic/why-is-my-music-being-duplicated-on-my...

Let us know the outcome. Cheers.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Advisor
samman6707

Hi Musica,

1)      I Transfer The Music And Video With The Two Methods

A)     Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3)

B)      Drag And Drop By Windows Explorer

2)      No. I Have Never Used This microSD Card In Another Cell Phone Before

3)      For Music - (.mp3) And For Video – (.MP4)

4)      First,The Duplication Did Not Happen….The It Started Suddenly….I Use SD Card For MUSIC and VIDEO Only As….So They Are Stored On The Card And Not Phone.

5)      OK….I’ll See, Formatting My Card In (32 KB Cluster Size)

6)      I Think It microSD Card Is Fine….Right Now It Would Be Difficult For ME To Buy One More (32 GB MicroSD) Card

7)      I Know About This Solution….But I Don’t Want To Get The microSD Card Every Time To Add Files As This Is Not Convenient

I Hope you Have All The Info, You Need

Thanking You

Samman6707

Please use plain text.
Advisor
samman6707

Hi Musica

I Followed The Method Which You Told Me.

1)      I got The microSD Card Out Of The Phone.

2)      Connected The microSD Card To PC Via Card Reader

3)      Formatted The microSD With 32 KB Cluster Size.

4)      Inserted microSD In Phone And Transferred Songs And Videos….But My Computer Froze In Between Due To Some Transfer Issue. Got The Phone Disconnected Manually. Opened (Music +Video) And Saw Some Of The Music Files….But No (DUPLICATES), Repeat No (DUPLICATES).

5)      Again Restarted The Phone And (Music +Video) Software Was Not Able To Open….So Formatted The microSD Via Phone.

6)      Just To See The Cluster Size On The microSD When Formatted From Phone, I Connected The microSD Card To PC Via Card Reader Again

7)      I Saw The microSD Is Formatted With 16 KB Cluster Size

8)      This Happened Every Time I Formatted microSD Via Phone

9)      As You Have Option In Windows On PC, To Choose (Cluster Size),In Windows Phone You Don’t

10)   Then Transferred The Songs And Videos Again….Transferred OK, Restarted The Phone Went To (Music +Video) And Back To Square One. Multiples Of 4 For Each File

Now Something Really Weird Is. When You Open (Music +Video) Software, You See Something Is Paused

But When You Try To Open It….It Goes To WhatsApp….This Happen Every Time….Currently I Don’t Have A Music Or Video File On My Phone

I Am Really Tired OF This. Is It Possible To Get Update For (Music +Video) Software ?

(Music +Video) Software Is Full Of Bugs….Though It Looks Good

Thanking You

Samman6707

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mittalarpit1

I got the same issue on my Lumia 720 on few songs & videos.
1. Dont download same song from nokia music due to that there will be 2-4copies of songs.

2. First delete all songs/videos by your hands on your phone itself which have 2-4 copies on your phone.

3. Format your memory card on your phone itself from settings under Phone storage.

4. Please install windows phone app on your laptop/pc.  http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

5. Move songs form your laptop/pc to phone from computer (there will be u see windows phone/lumia 520)

6. Then move songs on your memord card/desired location.

By that may be your problem solved. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
musica

Hi Samman6707,

If this is the case, performing a reset by going to Settings > About > Reset your phone is what I can suggest. Do not forget to backup your files as doing this will delete all the contents of your phone.

Music+Video will be updated if you updated the whole software of the phone itself. This means there's no separate update for the said feature/function.

Regards.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Fossilier

Got duplicate tracks, when you know you deleted them? Easy! In windows explorer options, tick show hidden files and folders, now go into the phone memory, open the music folder then albums, you will now see reference files the library created of the tracks you placed on the memory, delete them, do the same in tracks folder, reboot your phone and all you will see are the actual tracks on your men card. Have fun!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Battōsai

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Can't download Music

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
williez86

Hi there. I recently got my 520 lumia.However i have an issue with the video palyer and the video recorder.

while playing videos, you only hear the sound but no visual is displayed. a green screen is displayed. WHile recording videos with the camera, the camera is still and does not respond to movements. Any help pleae

Please use plain text.
deeanki

bt ya you rre wrte why its not transfer from uc download to phone memory of any kind of music videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nihrdrayir0211

Hey
i downloaded movie through media downloader ..
but its not showing in music + and videos ..
I'd like to transfer it to my memory card.

please help.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aadi2131

I have a problem with my Lumia 520 i cant sent video by using Bluetooth
Please use plain text.