Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 520 - Unable to connect wifi secured w...

Akki13

Nokia Lumia 520 - Unable to connect wifi secured with WPA2

Hi

I am facing problem in connecting to WIFI. it is  secured with WPA2 security. I connected it once but unable to connect it again. I dont know what is wrong with it my other android handest are able to connect with the same wifi connection. Please give me solution asap.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - Unable to connect wifi secured with WPA2

have you checked that you are up to date with all the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store? try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Akki13

Hi Adrian,

First of all thanks for your kind help..!!!

I did factory reset yesterday but it doesnt work. I called nokia customer care in morning and while doing it just checked if wifi is working or not.. and it was started working, but now again it is not working. Could you please explain what do u mean by nokia system apps?and  As i bought phone day before yesterday only, i think all software must be updated. Tell if soft reset will cause data loss?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Soft reset won't cause any data loss, only hard reset (by going to Settings > About > Reset your phone) will. the system app updates you can find here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Akki13

[ Edited ]

I have updated all system apps now... But still i am unablet to connect it with WIFI.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi Akki13,

Any chance you have the battery saver enabled? If yes, kindly disable it and try reconnecting. Also, have you tried connecting your Lumia phone to another WiFi network to further isolate the issue?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
max7791

[ Edited ]

Hi,
Though i haven't tried connecting WPA2 but WEP and i was connected and am able to use my WiFi but
1. It keeps getting disconnected & connected . No idea why the hell it's happening but its quite irritating.
2. If somehow you have to switch off & on your phone; you have to key in your WiFi key once again it seems that phone doesn't save WiFi profiles for future use.
3. I have to key in WiFi key every time i reach home and office.
4. I tried every idea to make it sorted but all in vain. These kind of mediocre issues were not expected from nokia.

God helps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Have checked your router for firmware updates? The issues you are experiencing could just as easily be due to the router. 

Please use plain text.
Akki13

Hi Max,

My phone saves WIFI network but unable to reconnect it. It get connected somtime and sometime not. I am tired of this. Nokia really needs to look at this. One csutomer care executive was telling me if you are using IP based wifi then it will not connect but i did not get what he wants to say, really tired... Nokia plz look in to this...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Check your router.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umeshchoudary

Hi guys!

I recently brought my nokia lumia 520. 

I too kinda face the same problem.

I can't connect to a wifi connection........  its terrible..

Please nokia help us and do consider our issue...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

Are you trying to connect to your own router at home, or another network at work or college? If it's the latter, I read elsewhere that there is an issue with Windows phones connecting to networks using 802.1X security and this seems to be affecting many students trying to connect on campus.
Please use plain text.
anish_sanyal

my nokia 820

firstly i would like to say that i have totally forgotten how to start a new topic in nokia forum and please it would be helpful if you tell me the process.................

secondly i would like ask a question (i don't know if your the one i should ask) i am a hardcore fan of nokia and because of that i bought a lumia 820 and i honestly, love it but before i this windows os phone i had c5-03 i.e. a symbian os phone and in it i could install many beautiful themes which would have different wallpapers and each theme would change the appearance of each icons like internet, message, music and many more! and i liked it as well but since i have bought this windows phone i cannot add any themes to it except than changing the color of the tiles and i'm not happy with it. honestly i am really upset with this one drawback and for me this is a huge one! what i'm asking is that i want to add wallpapers in the back of the tiles instead of the lock screen! i don't know who to ask this question to so that's why i'm asking you! it would be really helpful if you tell me to whom do i have to ask this question to?

in a nutshell my question is, i want to add themes in my lumia 820 and currently i can't and i want to know whether nokia is doing something about this or not or is this lumia series is going to be without theme ...

Delete

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umeshchoudary

i have a lan connection in my home.

i just added a wifi device to it.

actually it worked well in all other devices like android and else...

but not working with nokia 520...

please help..

i updated all apps with lumia pusher...

still facing the same problem....

Please use plain text.
HobbitFeet

Hi I just bough a Nokia Lumia 520 and I can't connect to my WiFi at all. I've typed in my password correctly each time and it keeps saying that it's incorrect. What should I do? Is there another setting I need to use? I've even reset my phone and it still won't work! Please help!

Please use plain text.
ErnestoRD

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.

I Purchased my Lumia 520 yesterday, and every time i get home or to the office, the phone will not connect. I have to type the access code again and then it does.

At home i have an S3 mini, an xperia tipo, 2 pcs and 1 laptops using the same router. via wifi and they all work correctly.

At the office all other systems are working correctly as well.

It seems the lumia 520 is not saving the access code for wifi networks!

Any sugestions / ideas are appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marekczerny

the same problem.... It's seems Nokia team is not able to help us...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mel82

Same issue here. I have this phone about 2 weeks now and have repeateedly tried connecting to my home WIFI without success. Keeps telling me same story password incorrect altho I assure u it is correct. I have connected to work open wifi no problem its just home secure is a no go. Has anyone from Nokia replied to this Forum. THis is not good as everywhere i look on web this issue is reported

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shagies

My cell phone is not connecting to wifi.I have connected it for a week after that its not connecting.Mine other phones are easliy connecting to it.If it gets connected then page doesn't gets open.I really want a solution for it.
Please use plain text.
KarteekS

Hi,

I too face the same issue. 

My phone was working fine with the wifi router at home for about a week. Then it stopped connecting.

Then I enabled wifi from my laptop. Again wifi connection was fine. Today (about a 2 weeks later) wifi connection is not getting established !!! Please help. This is irritating.

Please use plain text.