Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet ...

Bish123
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet access

I have a brand new Lumia 521 on T-Mobile. I set up the wifi connection and it shows connected. However, there is no internet connection. Cannot download any app or anything.

Trouble Shooting: Rebooted the phone couple of times. Turned on/off wifi. delete/re-connect wifi.

Reboot wireless router couple of times.

Turned off the data service on my phone and only wifi is on now. Checked my router that there is an entery for my Windows Phone, but could not get any logs.

Nothing helped so far...

Loaded my sim with funds, thinking if something no fund is blocking it somewhere :-D

Everything is fine on my other smartphones.

Did I receive a faulty device?

Please use plain text.
Bish123

Re: Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet access

Did a factory reset and went through the set up process again. Now it worked.

Started hating Nokia/Windows  for all these pain.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
babytub25

Re: Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet access

go > into settings >WiFi and type in the name of your Wifi connection and password if need and you're connected
Please use plain text.