Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet ...

Bish123
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet access

I have a brand new Lumia 521 on T-Mobile. I set up the wifi connection and it shows connected. However, there is no internet connection. Cannot download any app or anything.

Trouble Shooting: Rebooted the phone couple of times. Turned on/off wifi. delete/re-connect wifi.

Reboot wireless router couple of times.

Turned off the data service on my phone and only wifi is on now. Checked my router that there is an entery for my Windows Phone, but could not get any logs.

Nothing helped so far...

Loaded my sim with funds, thinking if something no fund is blocking it somewhere :-D

Everything is fine on my other smartphones.

Did I receive a faulty device?

Please use plain text.
Bish123

Re: Nokia Lumia 521 - WiFi connected, but no internet access

Did a factory reset and went through the set up process again. Now it worked.

Started hating Nokia/Windows  for all these pain.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
babytub25

go > into settings >WiFi and type in the name of your Wifi connection and password if need and you're connected
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emerituslucky

Re: Nokia Lumia 521 WIFI ON or OFF

Nokia 521 seems subpar software design -please help:

When my 521 is Wifi ON, I can quickly and reliably perform internet functions; BUT phone connections can be made  but are unreliable and poor quality despite my high quality Netgear C3700 DOCSYS 3.0 N600.

When my 521 is Wifi OFF, I can quickly and reliably make and receive high quality phone, but is limited in internet functions and if too often may be costly.

IF I knew how to properly operate this system, the 521 would know when it has a good intenet connection for example to my router and be able to do phoning and internet with equally good reliability, and also know when Wifi should be off. OR am I wrong?

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS, OR MUST I PURCHASE A HIGHER-LEVEL OF BETTER SMARTPHONE?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Which network operator do you use, in which country?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
princeR

i have a lumia 520, I updated to Windows phone 8.1 now all of a sudden wifi isn't working, I tried deleting the wifi, connect again and when I connect again it shows no internet access and I can't access store or anywebsite. I didn't have this problem while I was using wp8.0. I've tried soft reset and hard reset and none of them is solving my wifi problem. Is there anyone who's got the solution for this problem.

Please use plain text.
CiCiGem

At least you have 8.1. Those of us with 521 not updated yet, no real answers. Someone at Nokia going to close thread cuz no one posting. What to post, you should've been a politician with the no answer answer. Whole experience makes me rethink Microsoft and Nokia altogether. Both companies I used to believe in and support. Even word and excel don't sync well from phone to desktop. Backup for what? Only if you reset phone. That is backup even DOS using command lines would have been ashamed of (honestly so long ago don't remember if it had backup but I know my 386SX did) Pictures duplicate, triplicate and repopulate after deleted and I have backup to cloud turned off. seems Microsoft thinks differently than I about this issue? It continues to bring back a pic of EX that i hate...Great reminder!!!!. Phone storage eaten and not accessible to delete. Not allowed to delete certain apps that came with phone. Now I delete apps I prefer and no space becomes available? Do not use Nokia cinemagraph. Can't be viewed anywhere but on phone without converting. And what phone/camera has no flash? My parents old 110 (I think) at least had a cube. Poloroid built in...just saying that was the early 80s. Now lock screen and theme (ugly muted colors, btw) not working, can't get space back even when hooked to desktop, use cloud 6 now to keep phone and cloud from changing between app and desktop, have to convert all Nokia files, and most apps not available from what I can gather because Microsoft limits us. Nokia and Microsoft, get your acts together before marketing with one another. And, have answers to these questions. If you can't do it right, don't do it all. Maybe best to walk away from one another. Although, other than poor apps and flimsy phone, I am more disappointed in a guru conglomerate that doesn't care about the user. You keep trying to catch up with Mac and Droid...not at this rate. Excel fave program to use and love outlook. But this is crap on a stick, SOS and plain junk. And, the mighty do fall. I remember original Apple having market, commodore 64 and Tandy? Two of the three no longer exist. IBM was a typewriter back then, as far as I was aware. For Nokia, Here doesn't usually get me to correct place with full addy and zip entered) Not a good platform or flimsy phone. Can't wait to go back to Droid....so, I suggest every time I can't find an answer from one of your sites, you stop asking what I think. Here it is. And, I could keep going and going....atop asking if you don't give a hoot.. and, I'm sure this will never be posted cuz Microsoft determines what I can and can't do with this thing😠
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

CiCiGem wrote:
word and excel don't sync well from phone to desktop.

Please, describe in greater detail or link to an existing thread which describes your faced issue.

CiCiGem wrote:
Not allowed to delete certain apps that came with phone.

If you change the dat to 2110, you are able to delete certain apps. Was this sufficient? If not, please, list the apps you do not like.

Please use plain text.