Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 610 - Terrible Battery

peternachev

Nokia Lumia 610 - Terrible Battery

I just bought Lumia 610 one week ago and the battery lasts for 1 day TOPS!!!

When the phone is fully charged says that the battery will last for 19h.

Yesterday I talked on my phone for 15min, listen music for 30min on my handsfree and after 6h !!! the battery was gone.

I did an experiment. I fully charged my phone to 100% and leave it without doing anything and just checked hour after hour how many percent of the battery is used per hour without doing anything ! Turns out that at first used between 1 and 1.5% per hour so 90h of standby (the claimed 270h is NONSENSE !!!), but when I reached 48% and leaved my phone and went to sleep at the morning I discovered that the phone was turned off and the battery was empty.

I am with the latest update and have NOT installed anything, I don't have any applications running in backgroudn also!

I bough the phone because I like the windows look and was claimed that the battery will last long. Well something of a BIG LIE. 

Been using nokia's all my life ... 3330, 6300, 5800xpress, C7 and now 610 Lumia and things are comming to an END, I am very disappointed.

Anny suggestions NOKIA ? 

That's the only way I can reach you by the way.

Bough the tell from VIVACOM Bulgaria ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 - Terrible Battery

Firstly, the battery takes about 10 charge cycles before it reaches optimum performance. 

However, i your case, it sounds like there are services on the phone that are on all the time using the battery even when the phone is not being used. These are things you should loot at.

1. Set all emails social apps to sync manually or at as long an interval as possible.
  2. Disable location
  3. Disable bluetooth
  4. If in area with bad coverage, change Highest connection speed to 2G
  5. Lower screen brightness

Try these and see.

By the way, this is a usewr to user support forum so you wont get a reply from Nokia here either. To contact them directly, use the Nokia Support tab to the bottom right of this screen.

Please use plain text.
peternachev

[ Edited ]

Hello 

Set all emails social apps to sync manually or at as long an interval as possible.

As I said, I don't have any additional applications that are installed like skype, twitter or else. My email is not set as well. The phone is with it's default settings and nothing installed on it. I took it from the box and added just my phone contacts, nothing else.

Disable location

- How can I do that. 

Disable bluetooth

- It's disabled.

If in area with bad coverage, change Highest connection speed to 2G

- It's with good coverage .. the capital of Bulgaria .. Sofia and also I have unlimited 3G Internet access from my mobile provider, I cannot benefit the full speed if this option is on, but then again will try that because currently is unusable.

Lower screen brightness

Not a logical option. Yes it will increase battery life, but I'm buying a phone with nice display, if dimmed then better to use my old C7. Will try this also ....

The battery is currently around it's 6-7th cycle .. So guess I will reach the 10th in Friday LOL ..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You should find the location setting at Settings>Location. This is to turn on the GPS positioning. Only turn it on when you need it. If not then best left off to extend battery life.

I said approximately 10 charge cycles but it also depends on how you discharge and charge. It normally takes about 2 weeks. 

Please use plain text.