Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 610 - can't connect to wifi

Registered Member
Taranee

Nokia Lumia 610 - can't connect to wifi

Pls. help. I can't connect to my wifi at home. all of us using other phones can connect but my lumia can't. upon checking my router settings, there is no problem, and also i consulted my internet provider about that. i can connect to other wifi,but never at home., what seems to be the problem? i am very disappointed about it. i just bought my phone about 3 days ago and i can't enjoy it. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
somnath48

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 - can't connect to wifi

i too have same problem...I just purchased nokia lumia 710 i am not able to connect to wifi network .every time i try to connect it says unsuccessful

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lumia610user

[ Edited ]

I have lumia 610, but in general I can connect to home wifi (bsnl connection). But sometimes suddenly the mobile will get disconnected from wifi (i.e. I'm not able to browse) even when I can access wifi on my laptop. The mobile remains in "disconnected state" for 2-3 hours or so.

@Nokia engineers, is this a software or hardware problem ? Should I ask for handset replacement ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Guys,

There shouldn't be a problem connecting your Lumia devices to your home WiFi network.

Have you tried resetting your router? Also if possible try testing your phone with another WiFi router and see how the connection is like i.e if it works and is stable.

Also try removing any security password you may have on your router and connect to it unsecured and see if it helps. The reason why I want you to try this is to eliminate whether if it is the phone or the router itself or maybe the WPA/WPA2 key maybe affecting it.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
NoWifi

Hey,
The same problem, and turning the password/security off isn't helping, the message is the same - can not connect. Though no problems with public wifi networks- maybe 610 is not meant for domestic usage?
Please use plain text.
NoWifi

Hey, problem solved at the moment after updating phones software.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jinna

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 - can't connect to wifi,,

when i want to connect my home wifi or college wifi it showin just searching then no network what it seems poblem in that plz tel me who knws ant then how to update my phone with out any WAN connection?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 - can't connect to wifi,,

@jinna

This could possibly be you might be out of WiFi range.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
estelle_xy

Have you found the solution to connect nokia lumia 610 to wifi? i also having the same problem... can you teach me how did you connect your phone to the wifi?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
estelle_xy

where did you update your phone software?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@estelle_xy

You would be informed upon your 610 should update be available although you would need to install Zune uon PC:http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia610/troubleshooting/?qt=Zune&comp=nokiatroubleshooti...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivanlouie0824

I really don't understand. I updated, restored many times and turned wifi on and off again and again but still, the problem exists. The problem is: I cannot use the internet but is still connected to a WiFi network. Not literally the whole day but it crashes repeatedly and also it freezes many times.

Please use plain text.
elenapota

Wi Fi Lumia 610

Hi Nokia team, I have a problem with my Lumia 610 which I bought a month ago. It can not connect to  my home WIFI network.

I have to turn off the modem, turn off the wifi on lumia and then restart modem  and enable the wifi on lumia to be able to connect. Also in this case the problem is that the connection is lost after a while. (2.3 hours). Moreover, if I turn off the modem , when I restart it  the connection is not automatic.

It would be great have no problem with wifi on my new nokia:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AndrewHemp

Having same problem myself.  I have a BT Home Hub 3 which the following connect to iPhone4 (2), iMAc, Macbook, Macbook Air, Apple TV, PC, Wii,iPad 3 and  Kindle.  Network seems to work with everything else. Rebooted router several times, changed channels several times.  Hooks up briefly sometimes after changing channel.  Switched phone off and on as well with hard reset.  Only thing haven't done is completely wiped phone and restored to factory defaults.

Any ideas?  Will have to change for another brand of phone if it doesn't resolve itself in the next few days.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
philinspain

Having same problem, having bought the the phone in Uk last week now wont connect to home wifi unless a reboot router every time not very happy have done all of above to no avail even ckecked for phone updates . Come on Nokia sort this out.

Please use plain text.
ijros

Hi guys

I have a BTHome and have the same issue; but not at work that has a LinkSys Hub. I enabled the BT Open settings and reset ym channels from Auto to ch1 and back to auto.

I am still not able to connect to the hub, but cn connect via OpenZone.

I think it is a combo of channels and auth method. It is a very disappointing issue with the phone....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
philinspain

[ Edited ]

ijros   I dont think it is a channel problem as I have scaned and as there is no other wifi channels in my area so its up to Nokia to sort out but as they have just launched their windows 8 phone will they be bothered? Over to you Nokia

Please use plain text.
Contributor
philinspain

My wifi router is a BelkinG and the security is set to WPA and TKIP would the phone connection problem be solved if I changed to WPA2 peronal and AES and if so will this affect my laptop (2yrs old)and wifi printer only 3mths old .I am a bit reluctant to play with the settings as dont want to muck up printer and laptop.

Please use plain text.
ijros

Well, with all testing remember you need a way back. Don't do it if you are unsure how to get back to where your settings worked for everyone/all devices.
My testing worked for me and the 610 has been great since.

Start by powering off your router and all devices; power it up; log in; save your settings; clear the router log files; then try connect with the 610
There may be something meaningful to use then

I do think it is an issue in the 7.5 code
Please use plain text.
ijros

Please use plain text.