Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 610 cannot connect to Zune

Advisor
AaronHu
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 610 cannot connect to Zune

I tried every possible way to connect my Nokia Lumia 610 to Zune but the software simply cannot detect my phone. 

I tried

1) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2410180#option6

2) resting my phone to factory settings

3) rebooting my phone and computer

4) uninstall and redownload and reinstall Zune

5) /t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-800-cannot-connect-to-Zune/m-p/1403523/highlight/true#M13861

but still  the same problem

Please help as soon as possible

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AaronHu

Re: Nokia Lumia 610 cannot connect to Zune

I looked at other people's zune pc layout and i noticed mine doesn't have the word "social" on the top. Is that normal? Is it why I cant connect my phone? Help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@AaronHu

Absence of "Social" is certainly not normal. Presumably this is your first attempt at connecting Lumia 610 not that connection has ceased working?

To check internet connectivity can you sign-in within Zune at top right of screen?

Lumia 610 has not gone to sleep and you have of course opened homescreen when trying to connect and you are connecting USB directly not via a hub?

Might be worth checking in "System Restore" upon PC whether any new Windows Phone drivers have been installed rercently, as had all sorts of problems with a Lumia 900/Zune connectivity recently and had to roll back to an earlier time.

Your Zune screen should look like this:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AaronHu

I had Zune PC before I connected the phone.

I can't restore my system because I did not create a restore point previously. 

I did update my windows with Zune 4.8 though. 

Maybe thats the problem.

Any idea what to do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@AaronHu

Don't wish to misinform you as I am primarily a Mac user but upon Windows 7 at least "restore points" are created automatically when certain events take place and you can see what the consequences would be of restoring to an earlier time and what would stop working or need to be re-installed by doing so.

I know in my case that Lumia 900 worked perfectly with Zune but a week later it had lost coneectivity whilst Windows Update had in the interim automatically downloaded some updated Windows Phone driver and Windows Phone SDK 7.1 then refused to recognise device as dependent upon Zune working.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AaronHu

I solved the problem. Apparently, my zune file is corrupted. 

I followed the steps provided on http://www.ehow.com/how_6825871_repair-zune-software.html and my phone can be connected.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BoneyTony

Thank goodness for the forum.  I liked the look of the Nokia Lumia 610 (currently have Nokia 6230) and read a customer comment that Zune prevented use of Nokia PC Suite (that I will not live without)  Reading on I see the person finally fixed it but was such a carry on I will stick with my current phone and consider myself fortunate.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tobenson

same problem i av need d reply and answer pls...

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Have you tried @AaronHu's suggestion? 

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vyascoolboy

When i connect my phone to laptop with zune software it shows connection error and cant connect to your phone, reconnect it and restart it try again.....i tried every possible way but i cant.....what i do plz help me??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PSLumia

I cannot connect with my lumia 610 and i ended up uninstalling the zune software because it was no longer working, can i get an address where i can download the correct zune application please need to connect.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
annie15

[ Edited ]

u have to download zune from this link bro :smileywink: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27163

Moderator's Note: External link was removed.

Please use plain text.