Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 620 Broken Power Button

sidy3d
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 620 Broken Power Button

Hello,
I have a Lumia 620 and the power button does not work. If I do actions like plunging the phone into the wall or texting my self the screen will turn on and I will be able to use it. I bought the phone from Expansys (USA) and I live in Canada and I am not sure if the warranty will cover this.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Lumia 620 Broken Power Button

you need to contact Expansys regarding possible replacement of the handset, otherwise if they are less than helpful, then contact your nearest Nokia Care for their advice: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
sidy3d

Hi adrianhughes. I think that I don't need to contact Expansys I think this is a simple repair issue. My question was it the warranty would be valid in Canada if I bought it from Expansys (USA). If not will it be possible for Nokia Care to repair it for a fee.
Thanks for your help. 😊
Please use plain text.
sidy3d

P.S. The phone was working since February.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

The warranty is country specific. You will need to contact Nokia directly to know any options that they will be able to offer you. In most cases, these are not covered by the warranty.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Yasfer has said it perfectly, and as such, you will still need to contact Nokia Care.
Please use plain text.
sidy3d

I contacted Nokia Care (Canada) and they said they wouldn't repair the phone because it wasn't made for the Canadian market (I bought it from expansys before it was released in Canada). Well this phone bring sold by a few carriers in Canada and also its only a button that has to be fixed. I don't see hoe a button is country specific.
Please use plain text.
sidy3d

*how
Anyways thanks for the help adrianhughes and yasfer21 😊.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

have you tried contacting Expansys to see if they will issue you with a replacement, or take repair thru themselves?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

You will have to understand that Nokia does not support purchasing of imported Nokia products. This is to protect their network/retail partners in every country. Online retailers like Expansys knows that and if you will read their warranty policy you will learn that the warranty of the product you purchased will come from them and not from the manfuacturer.
Please use plain text.