Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 620 audio files and call recording

Registered Member
Chooser

Nokia Lumia 620 audio files and call recording

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Lumia 620 but it's important to me that it can play .wav audio files. The phone specs suggest that it doesn't but does anyone have experience of this. Also, I'd like to know if it can record voice calls. Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Re: Nokia Lumia 620 audio files and call recording

Hi Chooser, 

Unfortunately .wav files is not supported by the phone. You may convert the audio file instead to a different format using an audio converter application so that it can be played on the mobile device. With regards to voice call recording, due to Windows Phone 7 platform API restrictions it's not possible for the phone to have a voice call recorder, however, there are applications that can be downloaded at www.windowsphone.com. If you would like to suggest of provide a feedback you may visit windowsphone.uservoice.com

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chooser

Thanks for the confirmation, Kirksnap. I went into an O2 store today to ask about it and was told the Windows 8 platform does not support .wav files. It's a real shame because I love the phone but playing back music in a lossless audio format is really important to me. Glad to learn there's a workaround for call recording though!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jigslumia

I'VE Lumia 620 & wants to download call recording app so help me sir?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

There is no such app available for WP8 at present. You can add your voice to the request for thie feature HERE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
monty9000

Poor apps for lumia620 . Phone is good functions are Preety good. Overall it's poor
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajayphagre

It is unfortunate that this simple facility which is available in almost all android phone and even on simple phones is not available is mid range nokia 620. I may shift on andoroid phone due to non availablility. of this feature... 

Chooser wrote:

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Lumia 620 but it's important to me that it can play .wav audio files. The phone specs suggest that it doesn't but does anyone have experience of this. Also, I'd like to know if it can record voice calls. Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!

Please use plain text.