Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 620 totally died

Advisor
ButtKicker

Nokia Lumia 620 totally died

Hi , i just got a brand new nokia lumia 620 , and it was working perfectly .. 2 hours later the battery drained , so i plug the phone into the charger , i thought i would just wait for like 4-5 hours but no .. it's been 8 hours now and the battery indicator is stuck on the first red bar and it won't boot up even when i unplug the charger , i tried to soft reset the device but it won't work , i really don't know what to do .. please help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i would return the phone back to your point of purchase, or if they are being less than helpful, take it to your nearest Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

the battery indicator now has a question mark and the phone keeps rebooting .. and another problem is that i got this phone from another country so the warranty isn't valid anyway thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Will it start up when connected to a charger?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

no it won't 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Since it is brand new, I would suggest returning it to your retailer for a replacement. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

well i got it from another country so that is off table 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That is going to ba a major problem for you. Anyway, only other thing you can try is to reset your phone. If that doesn't work you may have to either pay for the repair or make a trip to the country you bought it from. 

Please use plain text.
SheikhAtif

Do what I tell you here:
1. remove the back cover and remove battery for 2 hours.

2: then reinsert the battery and the device may goto bootlauncher mode but power off your Lumia 620 phone by pressing OFF button for few seconds.

3. then push these buttons in order (a, then b, then c, then d)

a. Up Volume rocker

b. Down Volume rocker

c. Power

d. Down Volume rocker

it will take few minutes....and device might work properly.
if it doesnt thn try step 3rd repeatedly.

i hope it might help.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

i'll give it a try .. hope it works , thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The above reset procedure is not very clear. Perhaps you should folloe the official one using the link below and select the reset option.

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia820/troubleshooting/

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

believe me i've tried that many times but still nothing and apparently my phone is going through some kind of a loop .. it vibrates , the nokia logo comes up and then the battery indicator showing 1 red bar and after a few seconds a question mark appears right in the middle of the indicator . 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Sounds like plan B to be. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

well the question mark is gone now but still not booting up 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

What country did you buy you 620 and what country are you in? If you bought the phone from a country in the EU and your in another country in the EU then you will have a valid warranty in your country.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

i got it from KSA and i'm in egypt now, so the warranty is useless
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

That's a shame. This is probably a stupid question but, have you tried a different charger or just plugging in the USB cable into a PC to charge?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

indeed , and i only used the phone for 2 hours lol i don't actually have another charger . yep and it didn't work
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheRooster

Have you tried phoning Nokia? Their technicians over the phone are not very good, but they may be able to help. Also, think you could find another battery in Egypt (perhaps someone else who has a 620) to try? I've had 2 bad Nokia 700's now and I have noticed that if you contact Nokia enough and complain and really stay on top of them, they will do a "warranty repair." I put that whole thing in quotation marks because for me that entailed them sending me a brand new 700 the first time (that also didn't work) and the verdict is out on this second one (I haven't received the repair yet). Still, I think Nokia's quality is suffering and I would warn anyone getting a Nokia smartphone to hold off on doing so if you'll be in a position where you can not get warranty service until Nokia steps it up. Doesn't serve you any good OP, but readers should take note. There are all sorts of battery, software and hardware issues out there right now in the Nokia world.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ButtKicker

No i haven't , but i did send them an Email yesterday and the reply mail wasn't helpfull at all .. anyway i'll call them tomorrow and see if they can help me . 

Please use plain text.