Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 710/800 Issues/complaints/Problems - R...

Registered Member
murali1981

Re: Nokia Lumia 710/800 Issues/complaints/Problems - Really Windows Phone?

1. How can i send a messages to multiple numbers.
2. How to share the videos from my PC to NL710.
Pls help me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

2. Via Microsoft Zune software

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Metallica86

Can someone explain to me why apps randomly crash/shut while using them, this includes games and internet explorer, I did ask on the other page but, yet no answer, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bittuking

hey guys  my lumia 800 was wrkin fine for 2 weeks but dono wat suddenly the data connection has lost i can connect to wifi but cant access net plzzz help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
midor

I don't know how this OS can be "far better than Android or iOS" when it has so many restrictions!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
midor

I'm offended that you suggest I didn't do my research before buying the phone!! Nokia's own web site specifications for the Lumia 710 state that it is equipped with Bluetooth Stereo Audio & Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR. It doesn't mention anything about a RESTRICTED version of bluetooth due to OS! If you ask me, that equates to misleading advertising!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
palaidniex

My girlfriend just got new phone... Lumia 800 with "the latest" all solving version 1600.2487.8107.12072

In general it is good phone but, besides already mentioned problems there are few that are really annoying:

1. Incoming call ring phone still first second or two rings at full volume (30/30) then changes to set volume.

2. There is no possibility to swish everything off on incoming calls. It is possible to switch off sound, but You can not switch off vibration.

3. Different sound profiles on "oldschool" Nokias were quite useful such as Silent mode, Meeting, Outside, Vibro only. - is it so difficult to get it back in windows?

4. Why a heck phone offers Phonebook, Event, Calendar etc. info getting from old phone and does it via Bluetooth, if Bluetooth is valid only for audio devices??? If there is data transfer program/tool/widget - why it offers NOT WORKING connection way?

And some ideas - isn't it bad idea to give a possibility to change colors for different usage squares - now - one color for all... A bit annoying.

Nokia 1611, 2210, 3110, 5110, 6210, 6310, 6310i (up to these models totally satisfied)
Then don't remember model, then E50 (mostly happy), then N97 mini - phone with briliant keyboard, but poor touchscreen, then business phone E07, phone that can not make a photo of contract, invoice or business card. poor design of usb port and 5 months at service did it - my nowadays phone is Apple. Company gave me Asha 300, so frustrating, that I use my old E50 instead...
Please use plain text.
penguinz

Just got the 710 as I was looking for a basic phone and it was pretty well they only phone I could get without needing to get a data plan. All I want is to be able to talk and send the occasional text message.

Problem: Everyone says it sounds TINNY like you are in a tin can or bathroom while talking to them.

Is anyone else getting this? Did I jsut get a **bleep** phone? Not very happy and feeling rather stuck since I had to go into a contract and well here in Canada we are quite limited in providers etc and now I am stuck with a phone people cannot hear me on. is there anything that can be done for this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcpl_bros

[ Edited ]

In countries with frequent power disruption , we prefer to switch off the mobiles  in night to save the battery for next day .Hence the phone should not automatically switch on during charging. In fact this also the very reason why  the alarm should function even if mobiles are switched off to conserve power overnight. 

Please use plain text.
SRV4U

Thanks a lot Atul, for sharing such major issues with all of us.. I was planning to buy a Nokia Lumia 610 but now after reading all these issues i''ve to re-think on my plan.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
satelliteman

I have 3710. .... Older than 710 and alot smarter. For one ,it has modem , and isn't oriented around Zune ( worst software I've ever seen and used ) . What was Nokia thinking . I won my 710 , and feel like selling it . It cannot do what my old 6085 or 3710 do . So much for smart . Id like to move to the 710 for work,but cannot until we can use modem feature
Please use plain text.
hardsequencer

sadly these limitations will make people choose other manufacturers like i phone ect instead of Nokia this is not great advertisement,the whole reason Nokia joined up with microsoft was to become stronger and more competative in this ever changing market

Please use plain text.
Tryst

Apart from the fact that it doesn't work. I spent over 3 hours trying to find editing software to cut the portion of the song I wanted properly so it didn't distort. A further 40 minutes getting it down to less than 1mb and 40 seconds, only to find setting it as a ringtone genre doesn't add it to the ringtone list, it does remove it from the music list though.

The supplied ringtones are pathetic, most of them sound the same. I really miss my LG GT405 because I could set a whole MP3 no matter what size or length as a ringtone.

To add to my frustration:
*Updates will not work unless you have a Wifi connection despite saying that it will use the cable.
*Maps for Nokia Drive only use Wifi and not the cable.
*You can't access any internet capability via cable, it has to be Wifi or 3G data transfer so even marketplace is out.

If I had known all this, I would never have bought it. I certainly won't be buying a Nokia again. I used to swear by them, now, it seems I swear AT them.
Please use plain text.
infernovip

AT FIRST NOKIA SHOULD DO:

-better audio quality, and better sound from 3.5 jack
-better camera preformance and picture/video quality... its really sad that this carl's optic is so bad in lumia 800

this should be repeared first but im afraid about that no new firmware will help im afraid that problem is in this hardware/motherboard/chip and any change like last time with better bass or new camera options will be only little improvement but will not really fix this issues.

So im afraid about covering the problems by software changes/modifying.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Doznotdiz

I have the same problem. My phone company discovered that #123# (Check Balance) could not be used on the Lumia 710 because of the Windows operating system. Microsoft has no intention of fixing the problem either.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asfeom

I took a nokia lumia 710 (OS mango 7.5)recently..but as i started palying with it i thought 15K k was not at all worth for it...considering the global market and specially a country like india where people desperately want gud features in a phone worth 15k....this model is a flop in every aspect....here are most common features that the lumia 710 doesnt have(seriosly needed for a common man)

1.Messages cannot be stored and old ones cannot be searched

2.Blueetooth(the application part not the hardware) which is one of the most common means to transfer files these days is missin

3.Saving mp3 as ringtonges(not with zune)

4.contacts to be stored in phone and sim

May b i have miss sum but these are the basic ones which this phone seriosly needs an update of ....without these nokia phones(especially with the windows OS). has no ways to rise in the market.

So plz guys make sure that the next update of this OS has all atleast these basic features ...nokia is known for its perfection and reliability...so plz dont let people down.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VMaruthi

You have to send an SMS to 111 or 141 as 'DATA BAL', then you will receive a message from Vodafone about remaining data and expiry details
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
btm123

Hi,

Even I am facing same issues. not able to dial any service numbers like *111#...

any update on this?

Thanks,

btm123

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fahad4419

This lumia 710 is a bloody F%&$#@ phone. i will never buy nokia again

Why its showing i cant update software if phone is bought before june/ july.

Request to all friends. dont even think of this phone its a real S%&#@ from nokia to fool us.

Please use plain text.
Hohenheide

strange enough that it is so restrictive but please explain why even Nokia phones (mine is C7-00) are not supported??? What phones are supported?
Nokia was always reliable and easy going but now it lost his few good old values! why Samsung, Sony, HTC etc. can do the simple things and Nokia make things complicated! Don`t tell me I`ve to read all little notes when I switch from Nokia to Nokia!

struggling to transfer my contacts via Bluetooth or any functional and not fancy software (Zune) I brought all my 1103 contacts to the new lve.com account and transferred to Lumia 800... What a dilemma!!! Many contacts were just empty or numbers just missing!!! I went to every single contacts (4 days long!!!) to dedicate "phone numbers" to "Mobile"," Home", "Work" etc... done that, still many numbers missing! Checked again and Lumia is supporting just one mobile numbers!!! What the hell is that?? You can have to FAX numbers (who is still using 2 faxes???) but only one mobile number... I went through the indicated contacts (386) and assigned the 2nd number to either home or work! And by the way, I found just 17 fax numbers in my 1103 contacts!!
Nokia must come with user friendly software and get rid of all this hanky panky stuff if they want to avoid their end!

I give you another 6 month to solve these things and if not I throw this thing and switch to Samsung top S3 which I can get for free. This would be a switch after being 15 years loyal with Nokia!

Please give an update what we can expect in the near future (2 -6 month) to change this Windows thing to a Nokia phone!

Thanks

Please use plain text.