Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 710 Proximity problem and Screen wake-...

R2FRA

Nokia Lumia 710 Proximity problem and Screen wake-up lag

I have 2 problems with my lumia 710 (Black)

1st: When i want to wake up my phone it lags, getting a black screen like 3 a 5 seconds before the lockscreen appears.

2nd: After a call the screen stays black so i can`t hang up.

Are there more people with this kinds of problems or do i have a faulty one?

Rev software: 1600.3007.7740.11465
Rev Hardware:112.1402.2.1
Please use plain text.
mcox522

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 Proximity problem and Screen wake-up lag

I have the same software and hardware as you and I have noticed the blank screen problem sometimes when trying to end a call
Stormjenkins
Please use plain text.
ohumph01

I am having the same problem.  My Nokia rep indicated that the proximity sensor should wake the phone up, but it doesn't.  This makes the phone difficult to hand up and mute and unmute during a call.  I love the windows OS, but I would like to see Nokia address the HW integration issues.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

[ Edited ]

R2FRA wrote:

1st: When i want to wake up my phone it lags, getting a black screen like 3 a 5 seconds before the lockscreen appears.

I have this same issue with the 1600.3030.8773.12120 firmware as well as the original 7740 firmware.

Funny thing, I tried to call Nokia Care phone support to report this issue and the woman told me it was not a problem and that I should "live with it". The nokia rep refused to submit my error report as she felt that "a delay of a second when turning the screen on is normal, and is actually very fast" 

I was outraged that a nokia rep could talk to me in this way and totally dismiss my issue as trivial. I'm really mad and disapointed about this.

I would hope that the Nokia reps on these forums have a bit more tact and will address and help us users with this confirmed issue.

Question for nokia reps: Can this screen lag be fixed in a firmware update?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Luminato,

Please provide me with the Reference number for your contact with Nokia Care,  your full name and your devic IMEI number (Settings>About>more information) IN A PM so I can forward this case.

The devices we have here do not display this behaviour at all. I assume you update using Zune?

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mikeyboog

I am having the same problem, and i am updated to the most current firmware (1600.3030.8773.12120) and i update using zune

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

Firmware was updated recently via zune to 1600.3031.8773.12121 and the screen lag is still there sadly. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

[ Edited ]

Got the firmware update to 1600.3036.8853.12440 and screen lag did not change. 

Doesn't look like Nokia cares about fixing this, or else they put out a phone with a hardware defect which they cannot correct.

Please use plain text.